Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 09:21 Nucas

InBlack wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 03:23:
DrSquick wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 22:23:
I know people are hating on Windows 8 pretty hard, but I don't mind the new start menu at all. What I did was move my most used apps to the far left side, and it turns out I really only use about 8 apps regularly...

Then for everything else I search anyway, I just press start and type the name of the app.

Windows 8 offers some improvements to the task manager file copy utility. Besides that I haven't noticed any real improvements, so I certainly wouldn't pay to upgrade my 7 machines, but on a new computer I'm not going to downgrade.

Go back to Redmond you fucking shill spy!

this is honestly like almost as bad as reading conservative fanatacism on freerepublic or something. i can't tell if you're being sardonic or not because all the comments here are so fucking crazy. THE SKY IS FALLING! THE 1990'S ERA UI HAS CHANGED AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 09:10 John

edaciousx wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 05:51:
This will probably be the first OS that I won't upgrade to since.... since............ ok let me see.

3.1, 95, 98, me, xp, vista, 7.
You upgraded to Windows ME and Vista?

This space is available for rent

12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 08:40 Verno

Reactor wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 03:58:
I like Windows 8. Some parts of it have obviously been designed by the biggest idiot in the universe, but most of it I like.

The parts that are Windows 7

Windows 8 is like a hot chick with horseface.

ad stuff

That is really unbelievable. I'm sure some dipshit will say its fine because you can just remove the applications but it's exactly the sort of behavior that people predicted when they started in with this Metro store garbage. Adbox Live all over again.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 08:10 Creston

I nominate Windows 8 be called the Jitterbug OS. Because it looks very similar in design and functionality to this.

Creston

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 07:28 Dades

20 second video ads in the Solitaire Suite as of yesterdays update. This is Microsofts vision of the Windows 8 future. Ads in the weather app. Soon I'm sure even the desktop app will get widget ads. This is unspinnable even by the worlds biggest shillmaster. Video ads are the most intrusive, fucking annoying thing in the world and they won't stop in the gaming apps as they've shown already.

Maybe their plan is to make such horrible default apps loaded with bullshit ads that the community is forced to make better apps, assuming there is a community at all.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 05:51 edaciousx

This will probably be the first OS that I won't upgrade to since.... since............ ok let me see.

3.1, 95, 98, me, xp, vista, 7.

Ok, this is the first OS i haven't upgraded to since windows nt 4.0 and 2000 but those kind of don' count.... I am most likely going to wait and see how windows 9? will be.

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 03:58 Reactor

I like Windows 8. Some parts of it have obviously been designed by the biggest idiot in the universe, but most of it I like.  

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 03:23 InBlack

DrSquick wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 22:23:
I know people are hating on Windows 8 pretty hard, but I don't mind the new start menu at all. What I did was move my most used apps to the far left side, and it turns out I really only use about 8 apps regularly...

Then for everything else I search anyway, I just press start and type the name of the app.

Windows 8 offers some improvements to the task manager file copy utility. Besides that I haven't noticed any real improvements, so I certainly wouldn't pay to upgrade my 7 machines, but on a new computer I'm not going to downgrade.

Go back to Redmond you fucking shill spy!

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 00:42 DangerDog

I'll just stick with windows 7 updates, skip windows 8 and hope version 9 corrects the errors of their ways.  

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 25, 2012, 00:02 Slashman

shihonage wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 23:26:
Windows 8 UI was "designed" (the term is used loosely here) by the same lady responsible for making Office 2007 and up unusable.

Someone should go back in time to 2006 and fire her before she wrecks their company for good.

Couldn't we just kill her instead? We already know what kind of horrors she unleashes. It's a perfectly justifiable preemptive strike.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 24, 2012, 23:26 shihonage

Windows 8 UI was "designed" (the term is used loosely here) by the same lady responsible for making Office 2007 and up unusable.

Someone should go back in time to 2006 and fire her before she wrecks their company for good.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 24, 2012, 22:23 DrSquick

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 24, 2012, 22:09 MisterBenn

Windows Sesame Street, I love it!

My dad gets angry to this day when he can't find the button he wants in Office due to the ribbon overhaul. I don't know what he would ever do if his entire desktop was replaced by selection of colour panels...

Playing: Path of Exile, Age of Wonders III

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 24, 2012, 21:49 Dades

Microsoft has no plans for a second Windows 7 Service Pack.

Of course not, gotta force everyone to upgrade to Windows Sesame Street + Store Edition somehow.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo