Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Hotfixes

The Diablo III Website has a list of new hotfixes on the server side for the action/RPG sequel. This includes the previously announced fix to lower the damage dealt by enemies in Monster Power mode as well as changes to the Keywarden and a bug fix that addresses a problem that could cause the game to crash.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 26, 2012, 11:32 descender

That's the beauty of a free market.

You can "charge" whatever you want.

Only morons will overpay for your services though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 26, 2012, 00:29 Mr. Tact

Wow! You are a world traveler? I am so impressed. I'll bet you pick up hot chicks at coffee shops because of your awesome laptop too, right?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

36. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 22:44 BobBob

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 21:29:
BobBob wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 16:19:
just get a laptop.
Only ever had one for work, don't plan on buying one any time soon...

Enjoy being stuck playing games in your basement as I travel the world while I play mine.

35. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 21:29 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 16:19:
just get a laptop.
Only ever had one for work, don't plan on buying one any time soon...

34. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 16:19 BobBob

Considering the system requirements of most games now (being low due to console ports), and the price / power ratio ... unless you like to break or carry rocks for a living, just get a laptop.  

33. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 15:07 Verno

Flatline wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 14:51:
And if you think I'm going to build out 100+ desktops on my own, from scratch, I got a bridge I want to sell you.

You're talking about work, he's talking about a home PC. Apples to oranges man. No one builds 100 workstations themselves, it's just silly.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

32. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 14:58 Flatline

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 00:00:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 21:19:
Flatline wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 17:29:
Never order off of the Dell website. Call them up or email and get a sales person, describe what you want, and have them custom build a system for you.
Email didn't work for me. Earlier this year I tried both on-line chat and email to get a custom built 8500 desktop. Basically, the only thing I wanted which wasn't available on the website was I wanted a Raid 1 configuration. Both email and on-line chat representatives said they could not accommodate me. So, I bought from HP instead.

Yeah, building your own might be cheaper, but convenience is a much bigger issue for me. I got tired of building my own PCs over a decade ago.

? I saved 600+ on my 1500 dollar rig. Took me less than 4 hours to put it together and install Win7 on a SSD. Unless you make 200+ an hour, you are out of your mind.

Does that 4 hours include the research time to go through, compare parts, scrounge for deals, and put your order together?

I *do* charge 150 an hour for my labor for the right projects. Even at 75 an hour, which is my base rate, I ask my clients "do you really want to pay me 75 an hour to build computers for you?" Because I *will* charge for research, parts comparison, scrounging for deals, and every nanosecond I can justify being billable.

I used to *love* updating a clean Windows XP machine with office & windows patches. If they don't have me do other stuff during that down time, that's 2-3 hours of fucking around on facebook and getting paid well to do it.

31. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 14:51 Flatline

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 17:33:
Why in the world would ANYONE buy a DELL or other big brand name. Get raped on prices and they just use whatever hardware is laying around.

If you can't build your own, but from a local store and still save 20% and they put an additional warranty on it.

Show me a local store that has a warranty that will honor 4-hour, 24/7 parts turnaround on a server.

I had a RAID controller go down on an old server at 10pm on a work night that was still under warranty from Dell. I couldn't even *find* the part to buy locally, let alone get it running by next business day even if I could find the part, but Dell had the card in my hands by 2am and it was up and running an hour later.

When a local store will give me that kind of service, I'll dump dell.

Actually I won't. We have a corporate account with them and it's way easier to do business with them and just tell them specifically what I want than to jump through the hoops that I'd have to with a local company.

And if you think I'm going to build out 100+ desktops on my own, from scratch, I got a bridge I want to sell you.

30. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 13:10 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 12:11:
Perhaps you and Bats should create a start-up together and reap the massive profits out of us lazy people.

Unfortunately I think it would die pretty quickly, a lot of people do this already and basically do everything except build it for you. Various forums (SA for example) have a hardware community with a Quick Pick list for novices or people who don't have time to read reviews. It's thoroughly vetted by the community and gives you a bunch of options at various levels where you just dump the parts into a cart and buy, build it later.

Anyways, I totally get both mindsets behind custom vs prebuilt, I was just amused as the "I do it all day!" excuse.

29. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 12:32 Mr. Tact

Call it YCWB -- "you choose, we build". Could have a short list of items in stock, and allow people to send you a shopping list off Newegg or something. They front money for their list, shipping, and your build charge. You buy the parts from Newegg or wherever, assemble, ship. PROFIT! Soon you'll have so much money you'll be able to retire.  

28. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 12:11 Mr. Tact

I believe you can do what you said. However, most people don't have the choice of installing off "non-optical" media and most don't get SSD drives (I've considered it, but not taken the plunge yet). Including the time spent selecting hardware -- reading reviews, comparing options, whatever -- is necessary for a valid cost comparison. The comparisons being made are cost vs. time and convenience. When I ordered my HP box earlier this year it took under 20 minutes.

Perhaps you and Bats should create a start-up together and reap the massive profits out of us lazy people.

27. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 11:21 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 10:10:
Verno wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 10:06:
Uhh I can whip a system together in 30 minutes with decent cabling and everything precisely because I do it 8 hours a day. If you really do it 8 hours a day for years it would be rote and no problem in terms of inconvenience.
You can, select, order, and build a PC from parts and install the OS in 30 minutes? Really? Post a youtube video of that.

I can build it from parts sitting in a box in 30 minutes, which was obviously what I meant and not that impressive of a feat either Windows 7 installs to an SSD from non-optical media in roughly 10 minutes on a moderately powerful system. It actually takes longer to install all of your applications and games than it does to build. Better off paying someone to run a system migration for you if you care about saving time or convenience

If someone else wants to spend their money on prebuilt systems then hey whatever, its their money. I just find the whole "I do it all day!!!" thing a bit silly about something that is easily accomplished. I'd rather spend my money getting someone to do the things that are actually difficult and annoying.

26. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 10:10 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 10:06:
Uhh I can whip a system together in 30 minutes with decent cabling and everything precisely because I do it 8 hours a day. If you really do it 8 hours a day for years it would be rote and no problem in terms of inconvenience.
You can, select, order, and build a PC from parts and install the OS in 30 minutes? Really? Post a youtube video of that.

25. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 10:06 Verno

nin wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 09:21:
? I saved 600+ on my 1500 dollar rig. Took me less than 4 hours to put it together and install Win7 on a SSD. Unless you make 200+ an hour, you are out of your mind.

When you work on this shit for 8+ hours a day, for years at a time, the last thing you want to do is go home and fuck with it some more.

Trust me when I say "fuck $600".

24. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 09:36 BobBob

When are they going to add WASD?  

23. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 09:21 nin

When you work on this shit for 8+ hours a day, for years at a time, the last thing you want to do is go home and fuck with it some more.

Trust me when I say "fuck $600".

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

22. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 08:12 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 00:00:
First, 600/4 = 150 -- but no, I don't earn over $300k a year, nor do I think I'm out of my mind, I'm just lazy. Second, even if it did only take you 4 hours (are you including time for selecting and acquiring the pieces?) that's a best case scenario. A bad part, software installation issue, an incorrect dipswitch, or a dozen other things can easily turn computer assembly into a long and arduous process. Third, if you are really saving that much money aren't you missing a large business opportunity? You could be earning $150 an hour!

21. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 03:51 InBlack

deqer wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 14:29:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 14:26:
deqer wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 13:59:
Soon Diablo 3 will be considered the same WoW is considered. Crack. And no one wants to talk about their crack addiction. That's something you just don't do.

"Ewww. you play diablo 3? lulz"

Do you just post blathering BS in places of games you don't own or have never played? Your life must suck.

Okay guy--who plays games with his wife and drinks, and calls himself Batman, and decorates his name with X's

As an educated guess I would say Michael Keaton. Or Chuck Norris.

I have a nifty blue line!

20. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 25, 2012, 00:00 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 21:19:
Never order off of the Dell website. Call them up or email and get a sales person, describe what you want, and have them custom build a system for you.
Email didn't work for me. Earlier this year I tried both on-line chat and email to get a custom built 8500 desktop. Basically, the only thing I wanted which wasn't available on the website was I wanted a Raid 1 configuration. Both email and on-line chat representatives said they could not accommodate me. So, I bought from HP instead.

Yeah, building your own might be cheaper, but convenience is a much bigger issue for me. I got tired of building my own PCs over a decade ago.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

19. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 24, 2012, 21:19 Mr. Tact

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo