Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves

Paradox Interactive announces the release of A Game of Dwarves, which is accompanied by a new release trailer from Zeal Game Studios' vertically challenged strategy/management game. Here's the news:

Paradox Interactive and Zeal Game Studios has today launched A Game of Dwarves, a classic management and strategy title, which puts players into the metaphoric shoes of a dwarven prince who seeks to expand dwarvenkindís prestige, underground dominance, and, of course, amass large amounts of treasure. Yay treasure! Utilizing a combination of strategy and management, A Game of Dwarves gives players full reign over a dwarven settlement as they dig, build, and conduct research to expand their underground empire. With a careful hand, players will need to level up their weak dwarflings and transform them into brave warriors, master craftsmen, and diligent diggers as they scour for rare resources hidden in the depths. Defend your dwarves from terrible beasts living in the uncharted regions of the world and make sure to adapt your strategy and tactic because deep down underground, youíll never know what youíll bump into.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 24, 2012, 15:31 dj LiTh

This game rocks, totally reminds me of DK2  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 24, 2012, 15:00 gilly775

SykesN. wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 21:55:
Much more like Dungeon Keeper 2. It's a little rough around the edges but still fun.

Looks like it plays almost like Dwarfs!? too.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 24, 2012, 07:56 briktal

Keith wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 00:59:
Used the 25% off code from Green Man Gaming to pick this up. Since it's a Steam key anyway, it saved me $2 (and it's only $10 to begin with). I played through the intro and first few missions and I must say I am impressed. Probably one of the best indie games I have played to date, and definately in the vein of DK 2. Witty comments, monsters to kill, an easy to understand interface (with configurable controls for us lefties), and no consolitis? Good stuff.

I didn't realize it was $10. Guess I should check it out.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 24, 2012, 00:59 Keith

Used the 25% off code from Green Man Gaming to pick this up. Since it's a Steam key anyway, it saved me $2 (and it's only $10 to begin with). I played through the intro and first few missions and I must say I am impressed. Probably one of the best indie games I have played to date, and definately in the vein of DK 2. Witty comments, monsters to kill, an easy to understand interface (with configurable controls for us lefties), and no consolitis? Good stuff.  

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 24, 2012, 00:55 Beelzebud

When I tried it out I don't think those were available. I'll have to give it another go! Thanks for the heads up.  

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 24, 2012, 00:16 bortin

Have you tried any of the graphic packs for Dwarf Fortress?

I couldn't get past the ASCII characters either, but once I got a graphic pack, oh lord, I lost months of my life building obsidian farms and dwarven atom smashers.

Here are a couple of the packs I used:

Mayday's Graphic Pack for Dwarf Fortress
Ironhand's Graphic Set for Dwarf Fortress

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 24, 2012, 00:00 Beelzebud

Keith wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 21:50:
Didn't like Dwarf Fortress. Really like Dungeon Keeper 2. How does this compare?

I really wanted to like Dwarf Fortress, but I simply can't get past the ASCII characters for graphics. It's a great concept, but it needs a real graphical client. Oh well, to each their own.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 23, 2012, 22:47 bortin

From the release trailer:

"When dwarves start digging, the GROUNDS the limit!"

Cute. I'll probably pick this up during the weekend.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 23, 2012, 21:55 SykesN.

Much more like Dungeon Keeper 2. It's a little rough around the edges but still fun.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Game of Dwarves Oct 23, 2012, 21:50 Keith

Didn't like Dwarf Fortress. Really like Dungeon Keeper 2. How does this compare?  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo