Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami

Devolver Digital announces the release of Hotline Miami, Dennaton Games, unusual action game with a 1980s setting that fits its throwback graphics. The game is available on Steam, here's the creepy Launch Trailer, and here's the story:

A splash of neon and blood hits PCs everywhere today with the release of the award winning, top down fuck-‘em up Hotline Miami by Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital. Available now through a variety of digital download retailers for $9.99, Hotline Miami combines breakneck action with stylized visuals and a driving soundtrack layered on an intense narrative that delivers one of the year’s most compelling indie games.

“Development has been both exciting and challenging but we can’t be more thrilled to finally release Hotline Miami," said developer Jonatan Söderström. “Dennis and I are incredibly proud of the game and are looking forward to people’s reactions to the story and questions posted to the player.”

Gamers will step into the neon-soaked underground of 1980s Miami as bizarre messages on your answering machine seem to be urging you to commit terrible acts of violence against a nameless group of armed thugs. Overflowing with raw brutality and skull crushing close combat, Hotline Miami demands sharp reactions and a creative approach to navigate a gauntlet of 20 multiscreen missions. Wield 35 different weapons, collect 25 game-altering masks, and unveil a dark, surreal storyline that will force you to question your role in this murderous spree.

“Hotline Miami has machine guns, expensive drugs, monster trucks, tiger fur rugs, and an attractive you blonde hungover on your couch,” said Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker. “It’s like they took my weekends and made a video game.”

The hotline itself can be reached by texting +1 786 519 3708 or tweeting @HotlineMiami. Leave a message. Visit HotlineMiami.com for more on the game and Dennaton.com for more on the collaboration between Jonatan Söderström and Dennis Wedin.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 29, 2012, 23:04 siapnar

The music is awesome, especially the chill bassline tune that plays after you finish the mission (get into the car)

This game is killer!

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 19:22 Dmitri_M

The music is all inside the game folder as OGG. Any decent audio app will be able to play them directly  

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 14:25 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 11:28:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 11:26:
6 tracks from the game - retweeted by the developer, so I don't thin kthey care:

http://soundcloud.com/scattle/sets/hotlinemiami

http://spacerecordings.bandcamp.com/album/hotline-miami-ep

Have to check those out tonight - Thanks!

From Twitter they are working on getting the whole soundtrack together for people, but have no issues with people posting what they can rip.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 11:29 xXBatmanXx

Also, anyone haveing issues, there was an update this AM, and they say you can disable steamworks to get the game running.

Hope they add some options to address screen tearing nad the audio volume.

/Just noticed Steamworks isn't working for me anyway - oh well. Just made it to Part 2. Replaying some of the maps with diff masks on. wtf this game is weird!

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2012, 12:24.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 11:28 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 11:26:
6 tracks from the game - retweeted by the developer, so I don't thin kthey care:

Have to check those out tonight - Thanks!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 11:26 xXBatmanXx

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 10:48 JaguarUSF

LOC wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 07:58:
use the 360 pad

Well, there's your problem

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 09:31 PHJF

trance >>> daft punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6pbU9zjJEc

Strangely enough, I find trance both perfect for chilling and working out. Not sure how that works out.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 09:20 Cutter

You have to be some sort of daft punk not to like Daft Punk.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 09:15 Creston

Sepharo wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 02:03:
PHJF wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 23:38:
Ugh, sounds like Daft Punk.

I believe you used the wrong interjection there.

Yeah, that should have been HOLY FUCK IT SOUNDS LIKE DAFT PUNK WOOOOT!!!

I guess there are some poor blighted souls who do not like Daft Punk? There should be some kind of registration or something for them!

Creston

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 08:35 Dmitri_M

Loving it, game has a great atmosphere.

It could do with a mouse sensitivity slider though.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 07:58 LOC

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 23:11:
nin wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 22:00:
Apparently this guy did some of the music. The remix EP is free. Crank up track 4.

yea damn good tunes.

I have some screen tearing - emailed them - not sure if it is intentional or not.

At least you can play the game. First, I couldn't even start the game, then I got a weird .NET error, and then I couldn't use the 360 pad properly. Which is fine and dandy, because they fixed the start up crash/issue, they fixed the .NET issue (by removing some option, it's still there though) and by removing gamepad support for everyone!

Still, I can't wait to play it already. Going to wait until things get sorted out and gamepad support is back in before playing as this is really the type of game I enjoy with a pad more than mouse and keyboard.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 07:35 finga

Ugh
You misspelled "Fucking awesome".

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 06:01 JaguarUSF

Flo wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 04:43:
Eurogamer.net gave it a 10??
Review

It's actually pretty fun. A top-down puzzle game where you have to shoot/bash/punch with split-second reflexes rather than match 3. It's not a 10, IMO, but it's good. Very challenging and inherently unfair (you vs 14 guys and no weapons to start with), but not really "unfair" as there is always a solution if you have the skill.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 04:43 Flo

Eurogamer.net gave it a 10??
Review

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 02:03 Sepharo

Ugh, sounds like Daft Punk.

I believe you used the wrong interjection there.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 23, 2012, 23:38 PHJF

Ugh, sounds like Daft Punk. The music from that stupid launch trailer, sounding straight out of Drive, is more pleasing.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 23, 2012, 23:11 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 22:00:
Apparently this guy did some of the music. The remix EP is free. Crank up track 4.

yea damn good tunes.

I have some screen tearing - emailed them - not sure if it is intentional or not.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 23, 2012, 22:00 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo