Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched

Electronic Arts announces the release of Medal of Honor Warfighter, saying the PC and console editions of the military shooter are now available in North America, and will be released in Europe on Friday. Accompanying the release is a day one patch for the game, which is available on this page, where they offer this explanation: "This patch is for consoles as well as PC and includes a multitude of fixes for both the Single-Player and Multiplayer experience, and our team heartily encourages all Medal of Honor Warfighter players to download and install the patch as soon as they are able." Here are some screenshots, and here's word:

Step into the boots of the most elite Tier 1 Operators to hunt down terror. Danger Close™ Games, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. Electronic Arts Inc today announced that Medal of Honor™ Warfighter is now available at retail stores in North America and will be released on October 26 in Europe. The award-winning Medal of Honor franchise has sold over 50M copies in its illustrious history, with Medal of Honor Warfighter set to deliver this year’s only true modern military shooter experience. Introducing 12 Tier 1 units from 10 different nations including the Polish GROM, German KSK, Canadian JTF-2 and U.S. Navy SEAL, Medal of Honor Warfighter will deliver one of the premier multiplayer experiences of the year. Powered by the advanced technology of the Frostbite™ 2 game engine, IGN.com says the game “looks and feels far better than its predecessor.”

The Medal of Honor Warfighter innovative multiplayer design allows players to represent their nation as gamers go head-to-head pitting the best-of-the-best soldiers from around the world in online competition. The game also introduces a new multiplayer co-operative feature called Fireteams, which gives players a competitive advantage and rewards them for teaming up with a friend on the battlefield. Players will be able to represent their global warfighters and experience Fireteams in eight real-world maps including Sarajevo Stadium in Bosnia and five unique modes like the nerve-rattling “Hotspot” and fast-paced “Home Run” Sport mode.

Written by actual U.S. Tier 1 Operators while deployed overseas, Medal of Honor Warfighter features a dotted line to real world events and provides players a view into globally recognized threats and situations letting them experience the action as it might have unfolded. From rescuing hostages in Abu Sayyaf’s stronghold in Basilan, Philippines to assaulting Al-Shabaab’s “Pirate Town” on the Somali Coast, the single player campaign allows players to step behind the iron sights of Tier 1 Operators as they hunt down a terrorist mastermind and the global threat of the distribution of a deadly explosive chemical called PETN.

Medal of Honor Warfighter is available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PC. The Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition* includes the Medal of Honor Warfighter Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack in North America and Medal of Honor Warfighter The Hunt Map Pack in Europe at no extra charge. The pack will be available for sale for £7.99 or 800 MS points in conjunction with the theatrical debut of Zero Dark Thirty when the film releases the week of December 17.

For more information on Medal of Honor Warfighter be sure to visit www.medalofhonor.com, and www.facebook.com/medalofhonor, or follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/medalofhonor.

* Only while supplies last

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 24, 2012, 07:34 Dades

shihonage wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 19:00:
So, the game releases a day 1 patch which fixes much of what's wrong with it, and Internet complains about it anyway?

Try actually reading the patch notes.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 24, 2012, 04:44 DangerDog

maddog wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 01:29:
Is there any offline training mode with AI bots ala BO training mode?

nope, but on some servers people play like bots. or use aim bots lol.

21. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 24, 2012, 03:00 Fantaz

4-6 hour campaign is sad...  

20. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 24, 2012, 01:29 maddog

Is there any offline training mode with AI bots ala BO training mode?  

19. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 22:53 ledhead1969

"Ever increasing spawn countdown when spawning on fireteam mate"

Ever hear of suppression?

18. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 20:36 RailWizard

Never again, EA.  

17. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 20:28 jacobvandy

Er, most people aren't lambasting the fact that there's a day one patch, it's that it's so huge and full of stupid stuff like "made it so someone you kicked out of your group doesn't become the leader." To have multiple, obviously easily fixable/avoidable problems like that in the game that they deemed fit to ship on game discs all over the world, doesn't exactly instill confidence as to the quality of the title as a whole...  

16. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 19:00 shihonage

So, the game releases a day 1 patch which fixes much of what's wrong with it, and Internet complains about it anyway?

There's no problem here. The real problem is that it's potentially a quality single-player title (I loved the previous MOH's campaign, it was an understated breath of fresh air compared to bombastic COD garbage of late), which is tied to a shitty Steam wannabe demanding space in your RAM and on your systray.

15. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 18:01 ViRGE

nin wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:38:
Patch list is rather insane.

Yikes. That's a pretty sorry list of things to have to fix.

14. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 17:23 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:20:
Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:16:
Also, IGN didn't receive an advance copy of this. IGN. Guaranteed-6.0-IGN.

HAHAHAHA. I actually posted this expecting people to complain, saying IGN is a guaranteed 8.0, but they're really more a guaranteed 6.0. Arguably AAA are rarely worse than that, but IGN tends to be reluctant to go that low.

Sure enough, just looked, the original MOH got a 6.0. I'd put it more at a 5.0. Not memorable, some poor mechanics (vehicles sucked in it, moreso than Borderlands), and overall it was competent but bland and forgettable. No Rogue Warrior, but nothing you'd remember or care about. It was a nice way of showing that the MW games actually do what they do well, they just make some really, really annoying design decisions.

Which is the opposite of gamespot which lowballs things for the sake of lowballing things.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2012, 16:58 Rigs

Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:51:
-Ending cutscene replaced with Nick Clegg apology video.

BEST.PATCH.EVER.

Edit : :-ninja-: DAMN YOU, RIGS!

Creston

Rotfl

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

12. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 16:25 ASeven

Laziest Console Port Evar

Seriously, you guys were so lazy you left the gamepad and other console controls like auto aim in the options menu? For Shame!

THe game has some potential but so many problems.

There may be fixes to some of these but I havnt found them yet
On Def when out of bounds you can shoot or do anything but die and run
Friendly names dont show up on outside screens with eyefinity
cant join squad
cant switch teams
Can join platoon in game but not leave it
high end optics dont gather light they lose it. SNiper non scoped bright and clear, go to scope and its dark. Even crap sun $100 optics gather some light.
Way too many menus to do just about anything
Ever increasing spawn countdown when spawning on fireteam mate
Spawns too protected. Attackers just camp and shoot out of spawn where enemies cant enter or shoot.

MoH is a failed console port, period. Luckily I only paid half price for it.

SOURCE

11. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 15:08 Zardoz5

Picked it up 50% off since I purchased Premium dlc preorder thing for BF3.

I saw that offer too and my "something isn't right" detector went off. EA never gives discounts that big on new games, ever. I thought perhaps they needed more presales but now its apparent why.

As bad as this game may be, it will never eclipse the level of shittiness attained by Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault. I picked it up cheap a year after it came out and it was a broken, steaming pile of garbage and the worst game I've ever paid $ for. MoHAA was so good back in the day.

Edit: The price is actually good until Nov 23rd, but the limited edition is only available today.

10. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 14:55 DangerDog

Picked it up 50% off since I purchased Premium dlc preorder thing for BF3.

https://offer.medalofhonor.com/index.php

offer is good till 12pm tonight.

for $30 it's like getting two DLC packs for a game these days, too early to say if the multiplayer is any good - played a handful of 'combat mission' maps last night and would have unlocked the purple heart achievement if there was one. I must have picked the wrong class or something. I imagine there's day one cheats out for the game as it's the same engine from BF3. Lack of destruction is disappointing, some bullshit excuse about wanting to be 'authentic' - no DICE just wants to keep that shit proprietary to Battlefield franchise.

The couple of single player levels played, looked really nice, too many scripted events or other weird shit like taking away your ability to sprint so you can't outpace the NPC's that you're with.

No way is this a $59.99 game though, and if EA thinks they can pump out a bunch of DLC map packs for multiplayer people will bail faster than they did for MOH 2010.

9. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 14:51 Creston

-Ending cutscene replaced with Nick Clegg apology video.

BEST.PATCH.EVER.

Edit : :-ninja-: DAMN YOU, RIGS!

Creston

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2012, 14:51 Rigs

Additional Fixes Made on PC
•Fixed an issue where controller prompts were showing even though a controller was not plugged in.
•Ending cutscene replaced with Nick Clegg apology video.
•Mouse wheel now works with all scrolling lists in the game.

WTF?!

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

7. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 14:38 Tumbler

I imagine this is worth a rental from Redbox. $2-$4 depending on when you pick it up and I'm guessing you'll get the full sp experience. I'm guessing the MP is online code required type thing?

I thought the story of the first was interesting, I like seeing something close to reality about what kinds of things special forces do. I read that book about the Bin Laden assault and I'm curious how the movie will be. Seems to be too fast to be really good but we'll see.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

6. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 14:38 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 14:25 ASeven

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:23:
ASeven wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:05:
And this is what some people who played the new NFS for PC also say about it:

The Run is not the new NFS, it's about a year old now... And anyway, most of what you quoted are insignificant nitpicks. (What kind of weirdo plays a racing game with the keyboard anyway?) I haven't gotten very far with it since I bought it on sale several months ago because I've been busy with other games, but for $20 I thought it was decent enough.

Heh I didn't notice that while browsing their forums. Blame the lack of sleep.

4. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 14:23 jacobvandy

ASeven wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:05:
And this is what some people who played the new NFS for PC also say about it:

The Run is not the new NFS, it's about a year old now... And anyway, most of what you quoted are insignificant nitpicks. (What kind of weirdo plays a racing game with the keyboard anyway?) I haven't gotten very far with it since I bought it on sale several months ago because I've been busy with other games, but for $20 I thought it was decent enough.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo