Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus

Irrational Games announces a preorder bonus for BioShock Infinite, their upcoming first-person shooter sequel. The game can be preordered on this page, which grants immediate access to play BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution, which can be used to earn in-game rewards for BioShock Infinite as described here. Here's word:

BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution is a puzzle game in which you assume the role of a factory worker within the sky-city of Columbia. You complete increasingly difficult puzzles while learning more about the warring factions in the game and earning in-game rewards.

There are nearly 60 puzzles to play, and they are all FREE!

You can only get access to BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution by pre-ordering BioShock Infinite at a participating retailer. Head on over to www.preordernow.com to get started!

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 14:03 Beamer

Jerykk wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 23:38:

I've come to accept that consoles will be the lead SKU for the vast majority of multiplatform games. As long as the PC ports are done well, I'm happy.

Yeah, man. You've mellowed out considerably.

I don't even care about "well done." As long as they're not bad and the game is fun I'm happy. Some kind of attention paid, and at least run as well as the console version while offering a higher resolution, proper input and FOV control. Those are my standards. Put that in a fun game and I'll enjoy it. Maybe not love it, but I'll buy it for $20 at a Steam sale and not complain.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 12:35 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 08:11:
Of course the multiplayer hasn't been in development for 5 years.

This makes three games developed in the cycle Infinite, Multiplayer and Industrial Revolution. The game sadly seems to be limited in almost every aspect, by 7 year old console hardware.

Too bad, Infinite wasn't worthy or good enough for 2k on it's own.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Industrial Revolution wasn't developed by Irrational. It's a little puzzle game outsourced to another developer. We don't really know anything about Infinite's MP component so we don't know how far along it was in development before it got cut. To call it its own game based on essentially zero information is a bit silly.

The fact that 2K has given BI five years of development shows that it does care about the final product. If they didn't, they'd just push it out the door regardless of quality, like LucasArts did with KOTOR2.

21. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 09:36 nin

Omni wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 09:33:

Free ?
how can they be free if you pre-order it ?

Someone's had their coffee! Back into a huddle, marketing!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 09:33 Omni

Free ?
how can they be free if you pre-order it ?

19. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 09:27 CJ_Parker

I might have actually preordered the game if it was NOT for silly shit like this. Now I definitely won't preorder but will be waiting for the inevitable Steam sale.

18. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 09:03 nin

It's odd to see people say 2k is the "next ea", after they released really solid sequels to Deus Ex

Square Enix called and said "You're welcome!"

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

17. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 08:59 BobBob

I like the Bioshock series a lot more than the Fallout Series (3 and New Vegas). I really hate games with a lot of useless dialogue.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

16. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 08:11 Acleacius

Of course the multiplayer hasn't been in development for 5 years.

This makes three games developed in the cycle Infinite, Multiplayer and Industrial Revolution. The game sadly seems to be limited in almost every aspect, by 7 year old console hardware.

Too bad, Infinite wasn't worthy or good enough for 2k on it's own.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

15. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 05:52 peteham

Not sure where all the "best of E3" awards came from with this, to be honest. The E3 preview (when they eventually released it) was meh at best, even though it seemingly had the whole gaming press bubbling with excitement. The character interaction was nice though, and it's currently the only reason this title is even a blip on my radar. That whole large open combat scene with the zeppelin and laundry-rails that they showcased seemed downright unappealing to me. Some of it could be down to the fact that the demo guy must have been using some sort of invulnerability cheat (or playing on *stupid* easy) and was just playing the game in a silly way, but I don't know.. In any case, there's no way I'm preordering it, but if reviews/word of mouth warrants it, I'll pick it up and play it for the setting and atmosphere most likely..  

14. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 04:48 coldcut

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 20:12:
I see marketing is in full swing...
Yeah, no news for ages, and after word got out of some of the crew leaving, there instantly were an awful lot of "preorder now, it's the best game ever" announcements... but probably, we're just being paranoid and this is just coincidence

13. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 03:26 Flatline

cocoreno wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 00:02:
Ultimately, Ken Levine has built up enough stock with me and gets the benefit of the doubt. Few games have come as close to Bioshock in terms of mood and immersion. Fallout: New Vegas being one (if not better) example and more recently, Dishonored.

For it's time, Thief: The Dark Project was pants-wettingly tense in a way-awesome steam/manapunk setting before either was trendy.

I loved System Shock and SS2 for it's gameplay and story, but the setting of Thief was fascinating outright.

12. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 02:53 Jerykk

Square published DX:HR, not 2K. Anywho, I just pre-ordered BI from GMG. I already had $10 credit and now I'll get $15 more when the game comes out, resulting in a total cost of $35. The game's delays and recent staff departures is a bit concerning but I'm a sucker for significant discounts on pre-orders.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2012, 03:08.

11. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 01:28 Beelzebud

Prez wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 00:42:
Not terribly compelling. I am interested in the game but barring a 50% off preorder discount, I'll be waiting until it ships.

I've come to accept that consoles will be the lead SKU for the vast majority of multiplatform games. As long as the PC ports are done well, I'm happy.

Same here. I have actually begun to appreciate the advantage inherent to console-first design - creative ways have to be found to make the improved graphics doable on stagnant old console hardware, which generally translates to less frequent upgrades for my PC. I don't miss the days when I was replacing my videocard every year (or less) when a new graphical monster came out on PC.

Same here. As long as the PC port is handled properly, I don't mind either. I'm on a machine I built in 2007, and all I've done since then in put 4gb of ram in it, and get a new mid-range video card. Still plays every game I've thrown at it flawlessly. I do not miss spending a thousand bucks every year or two.

It's odd to see people say 2k is the "next ea", after they released really solid sequels to Deus Ex and Xcom. Two game universes I thought were going to be perpetually dead in the water. I just can't seem to freak out on a AAA studio that actually released a turn based strategy game in 2012.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2012, 01:43.

10. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 00:42 Prez

Not terribly compelling. I am interested in the game but barring a 50% off preorder discount, I'll be waiting until it ships.

Same here. I have actually begun to appreciate the advantage inherent to console-first design - creative ways have to be found to make the improved graphics doable on stagnant old console hardware, which generally translates to less frequent upgrades for my PC. I don't miss the days when I was replacing my videocard every year (or less) when a new graphical monster came out on PC.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2012, 00:51.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 00:02 cocoreno

Acleacius wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 23:30:
The only redeeming quality I see in Infinite is going to be the story, atmosphere and the acting.

Hallelujah! Though I don't necessarily agree that this will be the *only* redeeming part.

As for it being a console port, that's never been a compelling criticism for me. If the controls really favor consoles, I'll just use a 360 controller. Otherwise, a good game is a good game, regardless of platform.

Ultimately, Ken Levine has built up enough stock with me and gets the benefit of the doubt. Few games have come as close to Bioshock in terms of mood and immersion. Fallout: New Vegas being one (if not better) example and more recently, Dishonored.

8. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 22, 2012, 23:38 Jerykk

Bioshock Infinite has been in development since Bioshock came out (2007). A 5-year dev cycle isn't exactly being rushed.

Also, the first Bioshock was designed for consoles (X360 to be specific) as well. In fact, almost every big-budget game these days is designed for consoles. Skyrim? Consoles. Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Consoles. XCOM? Consoles. Dishonored? Consoles. Borderlands 2? Consoles. Alpha Protocol? Consoles.

7. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 22, 2012, 23:30 Acleacius

The only redeeming quality I see in Infinite is going to be the story, atmosphere and the acting. I have a sinking feeling it has been extremely consolized in gameplay, graphics and physics. So this will probably be the first Levine story based game, I don't get day one.

2k is probably betting they can get enough console sales, they don't care about quality. Just as they did in Bioshock 2, rush it out to make a profit, instead of a AAA hit.

Bleeding sales, 2k the next ea.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 22, 2012, 21:56 Tumbler

Meh...it's a web based flash game and they want to make people jump through hoops to play it?

Seems to be made by the same folks that made Cogs. Go play that instead. (I assume everyone else owns that like me because it was part of some deal on steam a long time ago)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 22, 2012, 21:24 ASeven

DangerDog wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 20:19:
This game has 'wait till reviews' written all over it.

Agreed. All the devs leaving the studio tell me something wrong has happened and the game will suffer for it.

4. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 22, 2012, 20:50 Trevellian

I love it.

They're FREE!.... but only if you Pre-Order now!

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo