Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 23, 2012, 23:03 Kitkoan

Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 08:44:
Final Fantasy 3 was awful, on phones or consoles. I've tried to do some Android gaming but even after playing Nova, I find myself just wanting an actual screen with proper input controls. If I had no other way to game then I'm sure the phone might be an adequate platform but since I do there really is no point unless I have no other choice sitting on a train or etc.

Touch screen controls to me is like the Wiimote. In some games I feel it is really amazing (Symphony of Eternity comes to mind). Others... well... Sonic 4™ Episode I... yeah...

Its all in which game and how well thought out the controls were

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 23, 2012, 17:21 SectorEffector

I would agree, you can't blame them for you dropping it.

Now if dropping it 2 feet on to carpet cracks the screen or anything and its a deal breaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

9. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 23, 2012, 08:44 Verno

Final Fantasy 3 was awful, on phones or consoles. I've tried to do some Android gaming but even after playing Nova, I find myself just wanting an actual screen with proper input controls. If I had no other way to game then I'm sure the phone might be an adequate platform but since I do there really is no point unless I have no other choice sitting on a train or etc.  

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

8. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 23, 2012, 06:28 Denthor

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 04:09:
I find it ludicrous to always have to buy cases for some of these phones when they could be pretty tough and rugged without them.

+1 for the Galaxy and Iphone 5 they both hold up pretty well with absolute abuse...

so yes it's not that moronic to expect gorilla glass and or a glass that's a bit stronger. Esp when gorilla glass has become so popular. Bunch of Androids and all modern iOS devices use the technology.

playing devils advocate here though.. it is one of the cheapest tablets available.

Granted that you're just playing devils advocate but even so; wouldn't you make a purchase based on that info? Unless it was a specific feature "Can drop onto hard surface - just bounces back to your hands, no damage done!!!!" I can't for the life of me think how you could blame the manufacturer when you drop it from waist height (~3 feet).

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2012, 07:51.

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 23, 2012, 04:26 Kitkoan

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 04:14:
GTA3
Horn
Asphalt 7: Heat
The Bards Tale
The Dark Knight Rises
Dead Space
Final Fantasy 3
Deathdome
Wild Blood

Seriously?

Seriously?? no NOVA, MAX PAYNE, or Dead Trigger or the new Rayman ( actually really fun if you enjoyed origins ) ...??

Nexus 7 rooted running elite kernel at 1800 mhz with 600 mhz GPU playing NOVA with gyroscope controls for precision aiming....
Easily an enjoyable FPS that no hardcore player can convince me that touch controls ABSOLUTELY can't work.
Cus that shits fun and so is GTA and Dead Trigger.

Although Dead Trigger desperately needs Gyro aiming.

Gyro has really made FPS realistic on touch platforms.

It was a quick list. Given some time I could have made a real good list.

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 23, 2012, 04:14 SectorEffector

GTA3
Horn
The Bards Tale
The Dark Knight Rises
Dead Space
Final Fantasy 3
Deathdome
Wild Blood

Seriously?

Seriously?? no NOVA, MAX PAYNE, or Dead Trigger or the new Rayman ( actually really fun if you enjoyed origins ) ...??

Nexus 7 rooted running elite kernel at 1800 mhz with 600 mhz GPU playing NOVA with gyroscope controls for precision aiming....
Easily an enjoyable FPS that no hardcore player can convince me that touch controls ABSOLUTELY can't work.
Cus that shits fun and so is GTA and Dead Trigger.

Although Dead Trigger desperately needs Gyro aiming.

Gyro has really made FPS realistic on touch platforms.

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 23, 2012, 04:09 SectorEffector

Denthor wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 22:12:
Alamar wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 19:57:
I'd consider being excited if my Nexus 7 didn't just fall a few feet and result in a screen cracked in half... Two months old, and I take immaculate care of it (other than this obviously), and bam... Garbage... Pretty hard to even consider supporting either Google or Asus.

Wait, what? You dropped it a few feet (3+?) it broke and it's somehow asus/googles fault... o.O How can you throw blame at the manufacturer? It's moronic to even consider that.

Love my nexus but I've TORMENTED my iPhone5 to hell and back already and their "proprietary gorilla glass" ( too snooty as a company to just pay the official gorilla glass guys ) is what I come to expect.

I find it ludicrous to always have to buy cases for some of these phones when they could be pretty tough and rugged without them.

+1 for the Galaxy and Iphone 5 they both hold up pretty well with absolute abuse...

so yes it's not that moronic to expect gorilla glass and or a glass that's a bit stronger. Esp when gorilla glass has become so popular. Bunch of Androids and all modern iOS devices use the technology.

playing devils advocate here though.. it is one of the cheapest tablets available.

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 22, 2012, 23:07 Kitkoan

JeffD wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 20:54:
Still waiting for software to catch up with android hardware. Weve had quad core phones on the market for how long now and nothing utilizes it? I have an evo 3d from over a year ago..I get a high resolution screen and can take pictures in 3d. There are no new games out...

oh I'm sorry you wanted me to complete that? I just got sidetracked thinking about the fact that as a serious gamer, I have downloaded more new games (6 in the past several months) for my third gen ipod touch then on my android phone (1). Seriously though I am still looking for that one GOOD game that actually takes advantage of my hardware (not talking about the 3d, just any game that has great looking graphics utilizing fast CPU/GPU phones).

Everyone in the pc world will tell you all the flashy hardware systems are used for games by gamers. It seems the android market has been successful in delusioning the market into buying new and flashier hardware without any games or software to demonstrate it.

GTA3
Horn
The Bards Tale
The Dark Knight Rises
Dead Space
Final Fantasy 3
Deathdome
Wild Blood

Seriously?

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 22, 2012, 22:12 Denthor

Alamar wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 19:57:
I'd consider being excited if my Nexus 7 didn't just fall a few feet and result in a screen cracked in half... Two months old, and I take immaculate care of it (other than this obviously), and bam... Garbage... Pretty hard to even consider supporting either Google or Asus.

Wait, what? You dropped it a few feet (3+?) it broke and it's somehow asus/googles fault... o.O How can you throw blame at the manufacturer? It's moronic to even consider that.

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 22, 2012, 20:54 JeffD

Still waiting for software to catch up with android hardware. Weve had quad core phones on the market for how long now and nothing utilizes it? I have an evo 3d from over a year ago..I get a high resolution screen and can take pictures in 3d. There are no new games out...

oh I'm sorry you wanted me to complete that? I just got sidetracked thinking about the fact that as a serious gamer, I have downloaded more new games (6 in the past several months) for my third gen ipod touch then on my android phone (1). Seriously though I am still looking for that one GOOD game that actually takes advantage of my hardware (not talking about the 3d, just any game that has great looking graphics utilizing fast CPU/GPU phones).

Everyone in the pc world will tell you all the flashy hardware systems are used for games by gamers. It seems the android market has been successful in delusioning the market into buying new and flashier hardware without any games or software to demonstrate it.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 22, 2012, 19:57 Alamar

-Alamar

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo