Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Mobilization

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 21, 2012, 04:33 mag

dubfanatic wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 01:58:
TurdFergasun wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 20:56:
which is why i like to stick to carrier-firmware-free nexus fones. you're not dependent on the lazy carriers to approve the new firmware each and every time it comes out as long as there's a version for your specific hardware.

Anyone who is savvy gets a Nexus phone. There are millions of others who get suckered by some failed used car salesman at a mall kiosk into committing to some pile of shit that will launch with an outdated version and never get an update. Or, if they are especially unlucky, they will get an update which ends up causing more problems than it fixes.

None of the Nexus phones have physical keyboards, though. :/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 21, 2012, 01:58 dubfanatic

TurdFergasun wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 20:56:
which is why i like to stick to carrier-firmware-free nexus fones. you're not dependent on the lazy carriers to approve the new firmware each and every time it comes out as long as there's a version for your specific hardware.

Anyone who is savvy gets a Nexus phone. There are millions of others who get suckered by some failed used car salesman at a mall kiosk into committing to some pile of shit that will launch with an outdated version and never get an update. Or, if they are especially unlucky, they will get an update which ends up causing more problems than it fixes.

4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 20, 2012, 21:46 ColoradoHoudini

Turd- that is the #1 reason I will likely get one of those Nexus models the next time I need to upgrade. I really HATE how Google and the manufacturers cannot get this worked out. For as long as the new updates are out, it takes WAY too long to get them out to us users.

In fact, one of the biggest pluses for android (very customizable/open) is the #1 complaint I have about it.. because there's a vicious lack of cohesiveness.

3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 20, 2012, 20:56 TurdFergasun

Silicon Avatar wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 19:26:
It's cool when Android updates but it seems like it takes forever for the updates to get distributed.

2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 20, 2012, 19:26 Silicon Avatar

It's cool when Android updates but it seems like it takes forever for the updates to get distributed.  

1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 20, 2012, 14:00 Cutter

Mmm, been too long since I've had real key lime pie.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo