Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 22:31 Bhruic

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 15:05:
BRATHWAITE & HALL PULL THE PLUG ON 'OLD-SCHOOL RPG' KICKSTARTER

Lolwut? Basically they weren't happy with how much they've raised, and even though they *might* have made their goal, they decided it wasn't enough. So, uh, make your goal higher?

Honestly, I think this is a good decision on their part. Bad execution tho'. But they were up against too much similar competition right now to be successful. Had they done this 3 months back, or (potentially) 4-5 months from now, they likely would have had a lot less competition, and a much greater chance of exceeding their target.

Still, that's the sort of decision they should have come to before they started, so it's a bit sleezy to back out now. But no one is out any money, so I guess in the end it's not that bad. If they re-list down the line, and people don't want to fund them because of this experience, they'll get their just desserts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 18:45 Mr. Tact

Dear Tom and Brenda:

A, B, C ya'.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 18:42 Mr. Tact

If my employer agreed to increase my salary by an order of magnitude, I'd consider moving to California. More if it was southern CA or even worse, "The Valley".  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 18:36 BobBob

Move to California. Perfect weather all year around. On second thought, don't do it. We have too many people already.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 16:31 Mordecai Walfish

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 15:49:
Your Favourite Video Game Is Probably Part Of This Guy’s Amazing Tattoo.

Too many modern games taking up too much space. Really? A big Ass Creed symbol? geez.

In his defense he also has a massive Bubblun (the green dinosaur from bubble bobble) on there

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 16:16 jacobvandy

Double post (why can't we delete our own?).  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 16:15 jacobvandy

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 15:22:
Is there such a thing as Kickstarter etiquette? I tend to look favorably (or at least give a second glance) on KS that have previously funded other KS (and I don't mean in the last 5 minutes, since their own KS started). I also tend to expect them to stick it out until the end, no matter how bad (preferably with updates and how the deficit can be made up).

It would absolutely make me think twice (thrice?) about pledging to anything they ever do in the future. What if they meet their goal, but then arbitrarily decide it wasn't good enough, like they had a certain amount in mind but didn't want to make that their target and were relying on coaxing it out of people with stretch goals... They definitely lost a lot of respect and credibility in my eyes, pulling out halfway through the campaign. Not that they had much of either before, IMO.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 15:49 xXBatmanXx

Your Favourite Video Game Is Probably Part Of This Guy’s Amazing Tattoo.

Too many modern games taking up too much space. Really? A big Ass Creed symbol? geez.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 15:48 xXBatmanXx

Wanted to get all the leaves up today, but it has been raining, so it is nasty. Cant use my Black and Decker blower/sucker with the wet stuff....going to have to wait. My only free day this week.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 15:22 nin

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 15:05:

Lolwut? Basically they weren't happy with how much they've raised, and even though they *might* have made their goal, they decided it wasn't enough. So, uh, make your goal higher?

Is there such a thing as Kickstarter etiquette? I tend to look favorably (or at least give a second glance) on KS that have previously funded other KS (and I don't mean in the last 5 minutes, since their own KS started). I also tend to expect them to stick it out until the end, no matter how bad (preferably with updates and how the deficit can be made up).

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 15:05 jacobvandy

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2012, 14:50 Cutter

Just remember, nothing lasts forever in the cold November rain.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo