Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GOG.com's Interplay Sale

There's a pay what you want sale on GOG.com which offers a sliding scale which includes the option of their entire Interplay catalogue for USD $34.99. Here's word: "Pay a penny or more and get 8 games including BioWare's first title, Shattered Steel. The average price paid is about $13, which nets you 20 classics like or the classic Giants: Citizen Kabuto. For just $34.99 you can get every single game from GOG.com's Interplay catalogue -- that's 32 games for about a buck each, including the Fallout series, Freespace 2 and many more."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 20, 2012, 05:42 Julio

Herve needs your money, I like how they position it like Interplay (which is Herve) is a starving child in Africa just needing your support.

Its a much better deal to wait for the annual 50% off everything Christmas sale. Then you can get what you want, and not the rest of the interplay junk.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 20, 2012, 05:42 netnerd85

Hey man got a dollar?  

14. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 20, 2012, 00:08 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 00:00:
First 8. Its tiered with those choices locked in.

Its designed specifically so the better more well known games like fallout and mdk require you to spend the $35.
Too bad, thanks Dev.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

13. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 20, 2012, 00:00 Dev

Acleacius wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 00:00:
It's not real clear, if you pick *Pay What You Want* do you get to choose any 8 games or just the first 8?

Thanks
First 8. Its tiered with those choices locked in.

Its designed specifically so the better more well known games like fallout and mdk require you to spend the $35.

12. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 20, 2012, 00:00 Acleacius

It's not real clear, if you pick *Pay What You Want* do you get to choose any 8 games or just the first 8?

Thanks

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 22:45 Dev

Gipson wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 21:55:
where's the HD remix of Descent?? Descent2 is in my top 5 of all time fave games and, personally haven't found a gamestyle like it since.
Kickstart that!

It was. And failed.
Edit:
Got less than half of the mere $75k they were asking for (well pledged. Remember that kickstarter gives NOTHING if something doesn't reach its goal). It was a good chunk done already too.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cadenzainteractive/retrovirus?ref=live
Edit 2: Also, I forgot, they made arrangements to keep going and release it on a digital platform, you can read the updates on kickstarter for more details.
Tumbler wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 19:59:
I was planning on dropping 10 dollars on this bundle...
So was I....

Until the bit about SUPPORT INTERPLAY and LOVE INTERPLAY was thrown in my face two or three times on that page. Then I reconsidered and decided, no thats ok. I bought most of those games retail way back when. I'm not exciting about giving money to interplay in its current form. Plus it doesn't include the MDK 2 HD remake that Beamdog did for an exclusive. They finally gave in and allowed it to be put on steam, why not on GoG too?

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2012, 22:59.

10. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 21:55 Gipson

where's the HD remix of Descent?? Descent2 is in my top 5 of all time fave games and, personally haven't found a gamestyle like it since.
Kickstart that!

9. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 21:54 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 21:49:
Regardless of who gets the royalties, there are some seminal classic games here that are basically mandatory for any PC gamer who missed out on these for whatever reason (Too young? Too silly?). Or if you just want DRM-free digital versions that will run on Windows 7 without any hassle.

I have lots of them, can't justify it.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 21:49 Prez

Regardless of who gets the royalties, there are some seminal classic games here that are basically mandatory for any PC gamer who missed out on these for whatever reason (Too young? Too silly?). Or if you just want DRM-free digital versions that will run on Windows 7 without any hassle.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

7. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 21:25 Bet

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 20:05:
And isn't Interplay only one guy now, who holds the rights to all those old games and is just getting royalties from the sales? It's not like they're going to be able to take an infusion of cash like this and make something worthwhile. Why do they deserve the fundraising over anybody else? What's the point?
Pretty much. His name is Herve Caen. You pronounce it like Kirk pronounces his famous scream from Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan. Coincidence?

6. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 20:05 jacobvandy

Meh, I maintain that Humble Bundle is the ONLY place that actually does "pay what you want." But even they get it slightly twisted by holding certain games over your head unless you pay a certain amount. Other indie bundles are much worse, with a minimum price, but they still call it "pay what you want" because there's the possibility to pay more than that.

I much prefer GOG's build-a-bundle sales. This promotion is only decent if you've somehow managed *not* to buy a single Interplay game from GOG thus far. Otherwise, it's basically a charity drive where people can feel satisfied getting their name on the leaderboard, for throwing money at a dead/dying company. I'm not going to put in for a bunch of crap games I don't want, just to get the few that I don't already have (basically most of what they hold for the $35 tier).

And isn't Interplay only one guy now, who holds the rights to all those old games and is just getting royalties from the sales? It's not like they're going to be able to take an infusion of cash like this and make something worthwhile. Why do they deserve the fundraising over anybody else? What's the point?

5. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 19:59 Tumbler

I was planning on dropping 10 dollars on this bundle...

"Pay what you want"

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

4. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 19:57 J

Ah... Citizen Kabuto... memories...  

3. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 19:44 Bet

Nucas wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 19:42:
i actually find it somewhat pathetic how interplay manages to barely hold on to life, year after year.
Modern medicine has machines to extend a life no matter the problem - brain, kidney, or corporate!

2. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 19:42 Nucas

i actually find it somewhat pathetic how interplay manages to barely hold on to life, year after year.  

1. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 19:22 loomy

there are a lot of good games there. not sure about the price, but no doubt about the games. you can really see the lifetime of a business defined by the short period of time it made the world a brighter, better place  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo