Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 20, 2012, 18:34 Mr. Tact

They probably have multiple large SONET connections to the nearest IXP for each of their data centers. But I agree it would be interesting to know the specifics.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 20, 2012, 12:15 eRe4s3r

Id want to know what their connectivity devices to the web are to be honest... I mean my uni had like a dual 10gbit fiber connection, but I am guessing google has like, hundred time more serious hardware there.  

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 20, 2012, 11:13 Mr. Tact

Frankly, as someone who has worked in data centers, I'd be much more interested in seeing the cabling to the network devices.  

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 20, 2012, 11:06 eRe4s3r

And even if it were true.. who really cares? ;p Their servers look pretty and sci-fi one way or the other...  

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 20, 2012, 10:48 Mr. Tact

Well, if we could read the labels on the outlets we could say definitively one way or the other, but the image detail isn't good enough. (at least I couldn't read them)  

1. They are not faked Oct 20, 2012, 06:08 eRe4s3r

Takes about 10 seconds in Photoshop to find that both sides are different. That the lights are identical is not unusual. Status lights only are in so many variations, and it's likely a rack has a very hardcore enforced stacking order defined.

So no, Google did not fake some of their data center Images.... Or if they did, they used more than the mirror tool ;p

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2012, 06:13.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo