Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch

The 1C Company forum has word that a new patch for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is now automatically available via Steam. The patch notes say: "We are hoping that this patch finally makes this game worthy of the Il-2 Sturmovik name and that simulation fans will give our game another look and a new chance." This sentiment is echoed in the forum post, which says: "We really hope that the new steam version that includes many great new additions will finally be something the community is excited about. The free release Su-26 aerobatics plane is a very small token of our appreciation of your support." They also note they have plans for the future of this combat flight simulator, but they are not disclosing them just yet: "I know all of you are anxious to know about what happens now. Unfortunately we’re not ready to post that just yet. We will post announcements and a more detailed roadmap in a very near future."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch Oct 19, 2012, 14:34 Jedi Master

Depends on your definition of "fixed."
If you mean "did they rewrite the graphics such that it doesn't attempt to do as much as before, thereby lightening the load so it runs faster?", then the answer is yes.

It's a bit like failing to get a job as a chef at a 5-star restaurant and instead applying to cook at Denny's...where you're pretty good in comparison.
So the game runs fine now, but it doesn't look as good as it did on release (even though it was horribly busted). It now appears to be an evolution of the previous Il-2 games instead of a revolution.

Don't even start about how it's called "Il-2" when there are no Il-2s or even any Russian WWII birds in it at all!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch Oct 19, 2012, 12:24 MajorD

When I saw the title of this post, Eric Johnson came to mind. Guitarist

2. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch Oct 19, 2012, 11:03 Wildone

A long time ago, but I doubt they fixed the main problem..playability...THERES NOTHING TO DO..  

1. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch Oct 19, 2012, 10:26 InBlack

Anyone who is playing this, did they fix the performance issues with this game???

I really dug the original Sturmovik but after hearing horrible things about the bugs/performance of this sequel I couldnt get myself to buy it.

Definitely would be interested in getting it if its fixed up a bit.

I have a nifty blue line!

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo