Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077

CD Project RED reveals Cyberpunk 2077 as the official title for their upcoming RPG, along with a few other details about the game  previously known as simply Cyberpunk. They have launched a new blog for the game at Cyberpunk.net, and here's word:

CD Projekt RED has officially announced the title of its in-development role-playing game. “Cyberpunk 2077” will be set in the world created by Mike Pondsmith, one of the fathers of the cyberpunk genre and the creator of the cult-classic pen-and-paper RPG, Cyberpunk.

“The Team has to love the material. The Team has to want to be faithful to the material. The Team has to have the skills to execute the material and see that vision through to the end. They have to be on fire with the desire to make an extraordinary game.

And that leads, at last, to why we hooked up with CD Projekt RED” – Mike Pondsmith commented, why he has chosen to work with the Polish game developer.

The cyberpunk atmosphere, well known from William Gibson’s novels, the “Blade Runner” movie and the famous pen-and-paper game, “Cyberpunk 2020”, will surround the player. The creators promise that “Cyberpunk 2077” will be true to the essence of the cyberpunk genre. Players will be thrown into the dark future of the year 2077 and into a world where advanced technologies have become both the salvation and the curse of humanity. A multi-thread, nonlinear story designed for mature players (a CD Projekt RED trademark) will take place in the sprawling metropolis of Night City and its surroundings. Players will have a chance to visit places well known from “Cyberpunk 2020”, including a combat zone completely taken over by gangs, the legendary Afterlife joint and the nostalgic Forlorn Hope.

Freedom of action and diversity in gameplay will be delivered thanks to the sandbox nature of the game and mechanics inspired by the “Cyberpunk 2020” pen-and-paper system, fine tuned to meet the requirements of a modern RPG. Gameplay will pump adrenaline through players’ veins and be consistent with the celebrated Cyberpunk spirit – rebellion, style, edge, uncertainty. And of course, a cyberpunk reality cannot be deprived of murderous steel – guns, rifles, implants, dozens of gadgets and other varied pieces of equipment needed to survive on the streets of Night City. The developers are focused on making the technology of 2077 credible and exciting.

For more info please visit the newly launched blog: cyberpunk.net and read some articles written by both the developers from CD Projekt RED and Mike Pondsmith himself.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 19, 2012, 12:42 Jivaro

Sempai wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 21:12:
Is it too much to hope for them to create a usable inventory and UI this time around?

One can only hope. I found the UI "usable" in both the Witcher and the Witcher 2, in the literal sense, but there was plenty of room for improvement.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 19, 2012, 09:09 theyarecomingforyou

Sempai wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 21:12:
Is it too much to hope for them to create a usable inventory and UI this time around?
I didn't have any issues with The Witcher 2 UI - it was certainly a huge improvement from the previous game. Hopefully this game will continue that trend.

PS - They need to sort out Steam updates for The Witcher 2, as it downloaded 16GB of data to add Mac compatibility. This isn't the first time they've had an excessively large patch.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

7. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 19, 2012, 08:53 ASeven

I hope they live up the the RPG, the paper one, and that they pick the best version of it to be based upon. I GMed so much Cyberpunk in my time it quickly became one of my favorite RPGs ever.  

6. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 19, 2012, 06:29 Mordecai Walfish

CD Project is one of the best devs around nowadays, and Cyberpunk2077 is a project I am *very* happy to hear they are taking on. Man this is gonna rock!  

5. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 19, 2012, 00:38 Creston

If they keep it as awesome as the Witcher, and then do a good Cyberpunk setting, oh God, this is going to be so great!

Creston

4. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 18, 2012, 22:53 Dades

These guys really stand behind their products, I am in.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

3. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 18, 2012, 22:32 nin

Anyone else and I'd be a little skepticle. But CD Projekt RED? Pretty much a preorder...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 18, 2012, 22:05 Cutter

Sounds good so far. Let's see if they can actually deliver.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 18, 2012, 21:12 Sempai

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo