Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 19, 2012, 09:42 wtf_man

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 23:26:
Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 22:16:
Looking back, Brutsch said his actions "were a huge mistake." He claimed he was addicted to Reddit and could not stop himself. The biggest thrill Brutsch said he got "was those meaningless Internet points," earned when "Redditors" voted for his posts.

Addicted? Couldn't stop himself? Ever the cry of those wanting to duck taking responsibility for themselves. It's not always easy to say no to your desires, but sometimes you have to in order to know you're truly free.

Yup. I love the empty apologies too. You're not sorry you did it, you're just sorry you got caught. Have fun finding a job, moron.

This.

He actually sounds shocked that he lost his job from the way the article reads.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 19, 2012, 02:08 Prez

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 23:26:
Looking back, Brutsch said his actions "were a huge mistake." He claimed he was addicted to Reddit and could not stop himself. The biggest thrill Brutsch said he got "was those meaningless Internet points," earned when "Redditors" voted for his posts.

Addicted? Couldn't stop himself? Ever the cry of those wanting to duck taking responsibility for themselves. It's not always easy to say no to your desires, but sometimes you have to in order to know you're truly free.

Yup. I love the empty apologies too. You're not sorry you did it, you're just sorry you got caught. Have fun finding a job, moron.

The Dark Side of internet anonymity. It certainly has the potential to bring the absolute worst in people. Chances are this guy would not have done vile crap like this if people would have known who it was. Most people believe they'll never be found out.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 19, 2012, 01:07 yermom

first post on blues- shucks howdy!

On the yelp issue: They are pretending to take the high road for the protection of the Consumer and making a bunch of noise about it. Disgusting.

yelp has been known to offer help improve ratings as part of their marketing for years- what a convenient explanation they have produced.

Probably just mad because they know some businesses aren't buying their positive reviews (paying for advertising) from yelp directly.

It's amazing how long they have blatantly gotten away with their shenanigans. I'd like to be part of a sting operation against yelp.

Fuck yelp- I hope they are exposed eventually. For the protection of the consumer

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 18, 2012, 23:26 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 18, 2012, 23:08 The Half Elf

Karma.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 18, 2012, 22:16 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 18, 2012, 21:01 Dades

Stormsinger wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 19:52:
Yelp conducting sting operations? Isn't this the same company that was generating scads of complaints that they were shaking down businesses to pay for better reviews?

This actually happened to a relative of mine, a real sales rep (we checked the return number) from Yelp called and offered to "help" him out with getting the negative reviews removed for his restaurant. Yelp is really a shitty site, competitors get to turf each other at will and it's almost impossible getting troll reviews removed. Of course businesses are buying reviews, ironically its only the fucking way to make sure there is some fairness in your review metrics.

Bunch of fucking scum bags.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 18, 2012, 19:52 Stormsinger

Yelp conducting sting operations? Isn't this the same company that was generating scads of complaints that they were shaking down businesses to pay for better reviews?  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo