Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 19, 2012, 23:56 Jivaro

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 23:58:
Duck Hunt never gets old...

I feel the same way about Mike Tyson's Punch Out. No idea why, but I loved that game. I played the SNES and Wii versions, and they were fun too...but the original was just amazing. At least my rose tinted memory glasses say it was.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2012, 23:58 netnerd85

Smellfinger wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 14:30:
1985 - 1995 was the golden age of video games. It blows my mind when I think of everything that happened in that small 10 year window on the consoles, in the arcade and on the computer, and NES definitely ushered it in.
The early 90's were an interesting time. There are no doubt some powerful games.

However. I think 97-99 is the absolute golden age, for me. 1999 was a very amazing year for me.

Duck Hunt never gets old...

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2012, 15:52 Jivaro

Smellfinger wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 14:30:
1985 - 1995 was the golden age of video games. It blows my mind when I think of everything that happened in that small 10 year window on the consoles, in the arcade and on the computer, and NES definitely ushered it in.

I would actually push that all the way to 1998, but the bottom line is the same.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2012, 14:30 Smellfinger

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2012, 13:05 CrimsonPaw

I think I've owned almost every console at one time or another (except Jaguar, NeoGeo, and Saturn I think) and I still consider the NES to be my favorite. I'm sure it has to do with how "advanced" the system seemed, but I have many a fond memories of late night gaming sessions and memorable games. Happy Birfday NES!  
~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2012, 10:52 Verno

snes9x still has users maintaining I think but I use zsnes instead of snes9x out of personal preference. Nesticle was long ago deprecated, use Nestopia. I generally try to use emulators that integrate well with XBMC.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2012, 10:48 nin

I've not tried snes9x or nesticle under Win7 - anyone had any luck? Need to dig those back out...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo