Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2012, 06:13 eRe4s3r

Bizarre goings on... in a US lawsuit where a US company fights against a NON US company? Color me surprised  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2012, 17:44 Prez

Bizarre goings-on.

I'd use the word "illegal" myself.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2012, 04:56 WaltC

Prez wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 16:46:
Beelzebud wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 14:03:
Think about it. They literally tried to claim that they invented a "rectangle shape with rounded corners".

Think about this: in the US they actually fucking won on that premise!

The premise they "won" on in the jury trial was the premise of jurors willing to ignore the judge's instructions in order to defer to the jury "foreman" who had an ax to grind with Samsung that he willfully did not disclose even after being asked point-blank about it by the Judge ahead of time. The issue is currently being appealed and as such Apple hasn't yet "won" anything. I'll be very surprised if the verdict is allowed to stand. Groklaw has some fascinating reporting on the topic--to him it looks very much as if the jury foreman lied in order to secure a place on the jury for himself in order to exact his "revenge" against Samsung for imagined slights years ago. Bizarre goings on.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2012, 04:49 InBlack

Prez wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 16:46:
Think about it. They literally tried to claim that they invented a "rectangle shape with rounded corners".

Yeah I mean whats next...Apple inventing a round cellphone and then suing car manufacturers for using *gasp* round wheels???

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 22:34 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 15:14:
I dunno, i find kitchen knifes and forks with sharp corners pretty useful ;p

Spork ftw!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 16:46 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 16:37 Prez

Oh... it's Europe. Every time I see the assholes at Apple lose one of their utterly baseless patent suits I hurry to check to see if somehow a court somewhere in the US decided to rule in a more sensible, unbiased manner. Alas, keep waiting.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 16:25 Bhruic

"We continue to believe that Apple was not the first to design a tablet with a rectangular shape and rounded corners"

Now if we could only get a US judge to acknowledge that...

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 15:14 eRe4s3r

I dunno, i find kitchen knifes and forks with sharp corners pretty useful ;p  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 14:51 deqer

who would want something with sharp corners anyways? lol

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 14:03 Beelzebud

Good. The fact that they wanted to patent a fucking shape is just insane. Think about it. They literally tried to claim that they invented a "rectangle shape with rounded corners".

Between their labor practices, and their 'sue to win' mentality, they can fuck off.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 13:47 Mordecai Walfish

Me and some buddies have been getting together and celebrating every time we hear of Apple losing one of their frivolous lawsuits.. kind of making a drinking game out of it in a way, heheh.

Tonight's celebratory beverage will be Templeton Rye, and as always.. Fuck You Apple Shots.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 12:36 Cutter

Haha fuck you Apple! And the horse you rode in on!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo