Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed?

A NeoGAF post has word on some trophies in a PlayStation 3 patch for Borderlands 2 that seems to reveal the name of new DLC on the way for Gearbox's role-playing shooter sequel. They list three trophies (thoughtfully obscured to avoid spoilers) for a pack called Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage. Thanks nin via Kotaku.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 19, 2012, 01:13 Trevellian

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 15:38:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 14:50:
Demon skagg? Take cover behind the little side panel of the elevator. You cannot be hit by anything she does there.

That's how I did it. I would still, in very random cases, get knocked out of my spot once or twice a fight, and but as long as you get your ass back over there, and have enough HP (I was in the upper 20s), it's an easy (but time consuming) kill.

edit: How you're supposed to beat her without doing that is beyond me...

Really can't help you guys with that one at all. Since I played the entirety of PT1 and PT2 with 4 people... She was rather easy, one person kites 3 people shoot. I really don't understand your obsessions with soloing a game that... while able to be solo'd... was really meant to be a great COOP experience. But to each their own.

Side Note: After about 500 Warrior kills (Yes... seriously... It's a rough estimate really, or moreso "Guessing"... 2-3 minute kills for 10 hours straight on multiple occasions...) I finally got a goddamn Conference Call shotgun... Gearbox really... really needs to do something about drop rates. That is absolutely absurd that it should take that long to get anything... But anyway, with a CC and Bee shield... you can solo Terramorphous. Fun times!

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 18:38 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 15:38:

Exactly. You guys cheesed her by sitting in a spot where she can't hit you, I cheesed her by tossing in 24 Plague grenades.

It's literally a boss that cannot be beat except by cheesing (and I tried leveling up. It just levels with you.) Yay fun?

Creston

16. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 16:30 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 08:48:
@ nin I'm really surprised your not enjoying Dishonored as much. Unless it's just the Coop you miss, then I totally understand.

I'm enjoying it, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the open world, do quests however you want structure of BL. They're both good, but structured differently, and immediately going from one to the other is a bit of a change, at first.
Speaking of shock, I just tried to play Deus Ex 3 after a couple of games and had to quit. Game play is just so much better, think I start a new game.

My biggest problem is the Bone Charms. Why oh, why didn't they use the same design as the Runes. I.e. list of charms characteristics on a character sheet. Then you spend your found charms on your chosen playstyle path. As it stands now you could be a stealth, ghost, no kill player and be stuck getting adrenaline based charms. Bleh.

With no console it's a huge pain to fix, this broken design.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

15. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 15:38 nin

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 14:50:
Demon skagg? Take cover behind the little side panel of the elevator. You cannot be hit by anything she does there.

That's how I did it. I would still, in very random cases, get knocked out of my spot once or twice a fight, and but as long as you get your ass back over there, and have enough HP (I was in the upper 20s), it's an easy (but time consuming) kill.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2012, 15:48.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 14:50 jacobvandy

13. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 09:31 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 23:43:
BL2 probably would have been better off if it were 20 hours shorter. Also, there should have been some amount of difficulty scaling. If you did all the quests, you ended up being overleveled for about 95% of them. I was level 35 by the time I fought the final boss and the fight was a joke.

The weird thing is that while the main quest doesn't scale, quite a few of the side missions DO. You can never really go into the Caustic Caverns and have an easy time of it. The shit down there is always at or above your own level. :\

I don't mind being overleveled for the main quests, but there are some insane difficulty spikes in the game itself that are just frustrating. The Badass Pyre Thresher has been mentioned many times, but the Demon Skagg is completely ludicrous as well. The only way I managed to kill her was to grenade spam her with Plagued Homing grenades. And even just tossing in 8 grenades (which spawn 24 homing grenades) right at the start, she still had enough left to come after me and make my life hell until finally the DoT wasted her...

Creston

12. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 08:54 Verno

The open world is pretty meaningless in Borderlands though and the quests are structured so differently that comparisons are kind of meaningless. I appreciated how open the levels were in Dishonored, beyond some unreachable rooftops I could generally go wherever I wanted.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

11. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 08:48 nin

@ nin I'm really surprised your not enjoying Dishonored as much. Unless it's just the Coop you miss, then I totally understand.

I'm enjoying it, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the open world, do quests however you want structure of BL. They're both good, but structured differently, and immediately going from one to the other is a bit of a change, at first.

10. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 07:31 Armengar

some might be called "kill your wife after you discover she was the murderer"

etc

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

9. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 04:07 PropheT

Acleacius wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 23:25:
Never understood why, knowing an achievement is a spoiler or is a trophy different. Seen many games listed on GameFAQs, for example where a listing of achievements for a game is listed as a cheat.

Because if the title of an achievement doesn't give away story points the description attached to it certainly will. It's why so many of them are hidden until unlocked in most games.

8. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 01:33 Beelzebud

Here's a scoop. If you look in the ini files for Xcom you can see references to 60 day DLC called Slingshot, and 90 day DLC called Progeny.  

7. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 17, 2012, 23:43 Jerykk

BL2 probably would have been better off if it were 20 hours shorter. Also, there should have been some amount of difficulty scaling. If you did all the quests, you ended up being overleveled for about 95% of them. I was level 35 by the time I fought the final boss and the fight was a joke.  

6. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 17, 2012, 23:29 jacobvandy

99% of my BL2 playtime has been solo, and I love it. I don't mind co-op, I just prefer to play at my own pace and I don't have so many friends playing the game that there's always somebody at a similar level to team up with. The incentive is supposed to be the loot, but I've really not had much trouble finding cool stuff on my own. The raid bosses are a different story, however, those were made specifically for groups. Not only are they incredibly difficult, but they're designed so if you die (the group wipes out), you have to start over... So it's even tougher when you don't have someone to revive you.  

5. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 17, 2012, 23:25 Acleacius

Never understood why, knowing an achievement is a spoiler or is a trophy different. Seen many games listed on GameFAQs, for example where a listing of achievements for a game is listed as a cheat.

Afaik the only game that achievements actually effect game play was Alpha Protocol.

Would BL2 be considered a very good single player game? I'm still on the fence about getting it. Most of the good things I've heard have been based off of it being Coop.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

4. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 17, 2012, 23:04 jacobvandy

I would also think this is one of the smaller, non-Season Pass DLCs, especially if it's going to be out so soon after Captain Scarlett. I wish they had raised the level cap already, though, like do 5 levels per campaign DLC rather than none on the first one, 10 on the second, none on the third, 10 on the fourth, or whatever.  

3. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 17, 2012, 22:18 nin

I hate to say it but I think parts of BL2 are a bit drawn out/longer then they need to be,

I'd totally agree with that. I said basically the same thing to BatmanX the other night. As crazy as it sounds, it almost like they packed in too much content. And while side quests are optional, their XP determines your level, and in turn how easy/difficult story missions are.

2. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 17, 2012, 22:13 The Half Elf

I hate to say it but I think parts of BL2 are a bit drawn out/longer then they need to be, especially the start of the game.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 17, 2012, 21:48 nin

Started Dishonored, and already missing BL. What a fun game!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo