Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 12:33 Bodolza

InBlack wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 03:50:
What about the thousands of drones that are about to go airborne over US skies a few months from now?

It seems to me that American's don't really care about privacy. There's a few that will loudly protest, and some more that say they do, but most people will keep on posting their private lives on Facebook.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 18, 2012, 10:11 HorrorScope

What about the thousands of drones that are about to go airborne over US skies a few months from now? (The FAA has given the green light on 6 test sites a few weeks ago). Are you guys concerned about that? That shit just wouldnt fly (pun intended) anywhere in Europe, there would be riots and crazy protests everywhere....

I think we'll be hearing a lot more on this once/if they become visible.

13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 09:08 Mingus

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 08:03:
Hate of any kind is despicable, but it is protected by free speech. Any one advocating prosecution is just as bad as those that put up this crap. It is a slippery slope, that once you start down it, leads to a very bad ending. [/quote

I agree, although some countries do have laws with respect to hate speech. Canada being one of them.

I firmly believe in the fundamental rights to free speech. If you do not allow for the free expression of ideas and opinions that you find distasteful, then you only believe in free speech for ideas and opinions that you happen to agree with. By this definition, both Stalin and Goebbels believed in free speech.

12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 08:56 InBlack

Sepharo wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 04:01:
What about the thousands of drones that are about to go airborne over US skies a few months from now? (The FAA has given the green light on 6 test sites a few weeks ago). Are you guys concerned about that? That shit just wouldnt fly (pun intended) anywhere in Europe, there would be riots and crazy protests everywhere....

You're excluding the UK from Europe here right?

Obviously. Those islanders are mad. Mad I tell you.

I have a nifty blue line!

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 08:22 ASeven

Homo hominis lupus.  

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 08:03 Ozmodan

Hate of any kind is despicable, but it is protected by free speech. Any one advocating prosecution is just as bad as those that put up this crap. It is a slippery slope, that once you start down it, leads to a very bad ending.  

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 04:06 Prez

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 03:39:
Fact is, hate is something that's taught and learned and it can be unlearned.

Hate to me is a natural extension of humanity's instinct (need?) to divide itself. It cannot in my opinion, be gotten rid of. Look at the history of man - time and time again it has been proven that it is far too easy for humans to be seduced and consumed by it for it to ever be done away with. I'll leave the hope that mankind can ever rise above it to the idealists, the romanticists, and the optimists - I don't have any.

I'd almost say it's a natural thing. Maybe the trick is in how we direct it? I feel my share of hate myself - people who define their existence by how they can cause suffering (be it to people or any living creature), people who lack any sense of empathy or understanding of how their actions affect others, people who value their own interests above everyone and everything else, people who wouldn't think twice about hurting my family and friends to get what they want - is it wrong to hate these types of people? If it is, I guess I'm just a bastard too. Better prosecute me.

If all people do is hate but nothing comes of it, what harm are they? The ones who act on it - they are the ones you go after.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2012, 04:15.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 04:01 Sepharo

You're excluding the UK from Europe here right?

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 03:50 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 03:39 Cutter

I think mandated to attend therapy would be better. Fact is, hate is something that's taught and learned and it can be unlearned. Unless of course you running for office for the GOP in Arkansas in which case it's the only way to get elected.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Call for creators of hate pages to be prosecuted. Oct 18, 2012, 00:22 RollinThundr

ASeven wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 22:20:
The thought-police is coming.

They're already here and have been for a while now. It's called political correctness.

4. Re: Call for creators of hate pages to be prosecuted. Oct 17, 2012, 22:24 Prez

I voted "no' in the poll, but over 70% of people voted yes. That's downright scary. Thought police indeed.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Call for creators of hate pages to be prosecuted. Oct 17, 2012, 22:20 ASeven

The thought-police is coming.  

2. Re: Call for creators of hate pages to be prosecuted. Oct 17, 2012, 21:54 Bhruic

Well, if you bothered to read the article, you'd note that it's from Australia, where certain forms of "being mean" are crimes.  

1. Call for creators of hate pages to be prosecuted. Oct 17, 2012, 21:43 Prez

Prosecuted for what? They aren't committing a crime by being mean.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo