Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes

The Kickstarter for Project Eternity is now concluded, and Obsidian Entertainment's RPG project lists 73,986 backers and $3,986,929 in pledges, falling short of their final $4 million stretch goal (inevitable if you keep adding a goal every time the last one is surpassed). With funding in place, the Project Eternity Website is where to go to keep tabs on this project.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 18, 2012, 10:08 John

Yep! Blue posted another article later showing that they made the $4mil mark.  
This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 18, 2012, 09:55 EricFate

Per their most recent e-mail:

So as of about 1:30 PM PDT, here’s where we stand funding-wise:

Kickstarter
Backers: 73,986
Pledged: $3,986,929

PayPal
Backers: 3,681
Pledged: $176,279

Totals
Backers: 77,667
Pledged: $4,163,208
Stretch Goals

So that means we hit the 4M stretch goal, right?
Yes!

22. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 20:57 nin

John wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 20:37:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 20:19:
Edit: Actually, going by the standard progression of every 2.5k extra backers, that should be 15 mega dungeon levels... Because 14 was at 75k. Not sure if that was just a typo/mistake on their part, or if they're not counting all those PayPal people, or what.
That's what I was thinking too! Since the KS backer total was about 74k and the Paypal backers pushed that over 77.5k, that should have added 2 more levels. It was level 13 when KS ended. I'm sure someone will correct them though.

I want to say like the first 3-4 responses corrected them. I'm happy with 13 and above...hell, I never checked out Watchers Keep in the BG2 expansion...kept meaning to go back...a decade ago.

edit: Looks like they updated it to 15:
It counts toward the Mega Dungeon! We hit fifteen (15!!!!) levels!

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2012, 21:29.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 20:37 John

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 20:19:
Edit: Actually, going by the standard progression of every 2.5k extra backers, that should be 15 mega dungeon levels... Because 14 was at 75k. Not sure if that was just a typo/mistake on their part, or if they're not counting all those PayPal people, or what.
That's what I was thinking too! Since the KS backer total was about 74k and the Paypal backers pushed that over 77.5k, that should have added 2 more levels. It was level 13 when KS ended. I'm sure someone will correct them though.

20. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 20:19 jacobvandy

Final tally just came out in update #27:

Total Backers: 77,667
Total Pledged: $4,163,208

So $4 million stretch goal reached? YES. How many total Mega Dungeon levels? FOURTEEN! Is there still time to like their Facebook page to get that up to 15? YES.

Also, for a limited time they are still allowing donations via PayPal, including the ability for you to grab more add-ons or even upgrade your Kickstarter pledge to a different tier if you so choose.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2012, 20:33.

19. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 18:39 John

Yeah, that would have been a good addon. I would have liked a cloth banner of the Endless Dungeon image too.  

18. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 18:14 jimnms

Tumbler wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 11:25:
So many stretch goals, man I wish this was a game I wanted to play more, I kept looking for something I wanted to spend more money on but couldn't move myself past the $20 mark.

I hope these guys come back for a scifi ip of some type. I'm very interested to see what they make, perhaps it will be something even I can enjoy!

I initially went in for $20, but upped it to the $65 because I want the box and printed manual. I really wanted to get the cloth map, but couldn't justify to myself to spend another $75 for the $140 collectors edition tier. I did chip in another $20 with 2 minutes to go to get in on the expansion. I wish they'd have put the cloth map as an addon.

Steam Profile

17. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 15:25 Bet

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 14:54:
They posted a small bookface update with more coming soon...

The light from whatever device they used to post that probably sent them into a migraine so bad that development will be delayed a week. That drinking game was insane. I really hope someone switched out a few bottles of water in those vodka bottles. Otherwise we have a visual log of an unprecedented number of valuable developer brain cells being destroyed on the eve of their opus.

16. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 14:54 nin

They posted a small bookface update with more coming soon...

15. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 14:51 John

Yeah, the Double Fine guys didn't even party that hard!  

14. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 14:48 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 13:42:
I'm going into withdrawal w/o a recent update here...

It's the hangovers man...you saw the party, they were sloshing it out in the office then I think it was Tim was taking everyone out with the booze on him.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 13:59 deqer

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 13:42:

Nine Inch Nails rules.

12. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 13:57 John

Yeah, they must have been partying hard last night! They should send out an update soon though with the current total and saying thanks again to all backers.  

11. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 13:42 nin

10. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 13:34 John

Just trying to help out! Acleacius also didn't sound sure about the Paypal money being included in total.  

9. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 12:59 deqer

John, thanks for making me feel stupid, again. And doing it in a kind/calm manner. Your patience is appreciated.

8. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 12:47 John

deqer wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 12:38:
I don't understand why they don't factor in the paypal numbers.

But, I also don't understand why people are donating via paypal instead of just going through the appropriate route of kickstarter and getting rewards from it.
They do include the Paypal numbers in the total, it just doesn't show on Kickstarter.

And you can donate via Paypal and still receive the same rewards as those on KS. Check out their page and you'll see the tiers that are available.

7. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 12:38 deqer

I don't understand why they don't factor in the paypal numbers.

But, I also don't understand why people are donating via paypal instead of just going through the appropriate route of kickstarter and getting rewards from it.

6. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 12:08 Acleacius

I was under the impression they made it with PayPal, which counts in Obsidian's eyes as far as goals being reached and implemented in game.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Concludes Oct 17, 2012, 11:43 Techie714 ©

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 11:00:
With funding in place, the Project Eternity Website is where to go to keep tabs on this project.

"And not Blue's News, cause I'm sick of these guys and the near hourly emails nin keeps sending me!"

LOL!!! Slow day at work?

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo