Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans

The Guild Wars 2 Website has an outline of events being conducted in ArenaNet's RPG sequel to celebrate Halloween. They describe plans to decoate the game world, offer costumes in the Trading Company, and conduct paid PvP tournaments. They add: "The world continues to evolve with new events, jumping puzzles, bosses, mini-dungeons, and achievements appearing across a variety of maps."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 18, 2012, 15:25 Verno

Boatload of games came out recently, I know I haven't put in much time due to playing other stuff. It has no sub fee so I don't feel an obligation to login every day or whatnot. I suspect many other people have the same attitude about it. Not too worried about the morning thing though, most MMOs are dead in the AM.

Certainly not the best game I've ever played or whatever but I definitely enjoy it and will keep revisiting it over time to see how its coming along. Non-sub MMOs are the perfect time filler. I love logging in for an hour or two of PvP then logging off to do other stuff. First MMO in a long time where I don't want to play it obsessively and burn myself out, it's quite casual and I guess I'm slowly becoming that kind of gamer just due to time constraints. A buddy of mine tried to drag me back to WoW recently but I just can't do it, I'd feel like I had to put more time in because I was paying monthly.

Anyways I'm disappointed they have left so many higher level events and triggers broken, I've been pretty diligent about /bug'ing them. I hope they are just busy with refinements and content additions but I guess we'll see.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 18, 2012, 14:56 Creston

One thing that's been really annoying me in GW2 lately (other than the huge number of broken events, which apparently Anet doesn't feel require fixing), is the number of vistas and PoIs that are absolutely COVERED in mobs.

Tried to get to a Vista in Iron Marches, and the fucking thing wasn't only behind about 900,000 Fire Legion (including veterans), but then they put two fire turrets right beside the fucking vista. Know what's fun about that? Well, you can't "view" the Vista while you're being attacked. So you have to kill those two fire turrets before you can do the vista, and while you're spending 6 minutes chopping away at one of them, the fucking fire legion respawn!

The game's pretty empty now in higher level zones, btw. There were five people total in Iron Marches this morning (though others might not have been responding when we did a tally on map chat.)

Creston

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 18, 2012, 10:35 Verno

So gents, let's all discuss how Guild Wars 2 is a better game than Path of Exile.

*nods and gets pipe*

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 18, 2012, 09:32 Axis

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 09:20:
Dagok 2.0 spotted!

Considering you were one of the most fierce "GW2 BFF" girls who has obviously not been playing, what else could you say?

Yours truly,

Axis

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 18, 2012, 09:20 Verno

Dagok 2.0 spotted!  

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 18, 2012, 08:49 Axis

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 23:56:
It'll be nice to see some of you lazy slackers back in the Guild! I'm pretty sure I've been about the only one earning damn reputation the past two weeks!

Creston

Shhh creston, saying stuff like that will only invalidate the "OMG ima play gw2 the bestest bff forever!!" trolls!

And don't bet on it, I know this wont get me to log back in, let alone for any meaningful amount of time.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 23:56 Creston

It'll be nice to see some of you lazy slackers back in the Guild! I'm pretty sure I've been about the only one earning damn reputation the past two weeks!

Creston

8. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 17, 2012, 18:20 HorrorScope

I'm always amazed that a mmo's game lore has a Halloween ritual like our own and always at the same time we do. Somethings fishy.  

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 17:21 WyldKat

My guild has been delving more and more into explorable dungeons and not just Sorrow's Embrace. Sorrow's Embrace has been on farm status for weeks now, luckily SE offers two really good survivability sets, one more for DPS and another that's more "tanky" because of the Vitality stat. I've still only explored 42% of the game world on my main.

This game is huge, and I'm still in awe that I only paid $60 for it. I've also bought many things from the gem store (mostly character slots and bank tabs) but I haven't spent a dime of USD, I just converted gold to gems.

I'm really thrilled about the Halloween event. It's my favorite holiday and it sounds like they've added more than just Halloween stuff in this with the bit about mini-dungeons and bosses. I hope they're able to keep up this level of content releases. Rift spoiled me in that regard.

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 16:06 Marvin T. Martian

I have a real love/hate relationship with this game, but enjoy special events in MMO. Hopefully you can earn some costumes/deco with an event or task rather than trading or buying in the TP.  

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 13:38 Cutter

Excellent timing. On the final Xcom mish and really enjoying Saboteur which should be done in a few days then back to GW2! The seasonal stuff is always the best thing about MMOs - Halloween in particular. If nothing else, I always loved WoW's Halloween and Xmas events. Let's hope the GW2 team can swing something comparable.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 12:58 Agent.X7

I've been playing in between customers and playing Dishonored, BL2, and Walking Dead ep 4. Still having fun. Little things need fixing, but overall the game is a blast.

I beat Dishonored last night too. Very fun. Completely forgot what an all star cast they gathered. (Except Lena Headey and Brad Dourif, those voices I recognized instantly.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 12:09 Acleacius

Logged in for 5 min, late last night and we still can't even Preview in TP, ridiculous.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 11:45 sauron

I'm having a wonderful time in GW2, ran a dungeon for the first time last night - the Font of Rhand. The pickup group I was with all turned out to be MMO vets so it went very smoothly, and I really had a lot of fun.

Best of all, the group came together organically as the result of a chain of world events - the dungeon only opens when the chain is completed. Folks came spontaneously for the events and stayed for the dungeon, and completing the final boss was really very satisfying.

The events took about half an hour and the dungeon another hour, with no waiting around looking for a group. Fun, efficient gaming - that's how it should be done. Very impressed.

Kittens!

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 11:29 Verno

Awesome, looking forward to some new content for this. Just finished up with several singleplayer games so I'm fresh for some more GW2.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo