Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Patched

The Diablo III Website announces that patch 1.0.5 is now live in Blizzard's action/RPG sequel, an announcement that went up a few hours before this was actually the case, but the game is operating again. The patch notes outline changes, including the new Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event, as well as changes to the auction house. There are also manual versions of the various localized patches on The Patches Scrolls for those who like to roll their own.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 16:53 nin

Omni wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 16:37:
Another patch that still doesn't fix the game to the point where it is fun and/or rewarding to play.
Fucking unbelievable.

I should never have bought that fucking pile of shit.

Torchlight 2 called and wanted to know if you were free tonight...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 16:37 Omni

Another patch that still doesn't fix the game to the point where it is fun and/or rewarding to play.
Fucking unbelievable.

I should never have bought that fucking pile of shit.

17. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 14:19 Rhett

I played for 15 minutes before I started to throw up in my mouth. I just can't play it anymore...  

16. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 13:04 Optional nickname

Armengar wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 11:55:

This afternoon I played about 2 hours. Ran it at MP3 act 1 and got more than twice the normal amount of gold. I got a usable item and a legendary that has gone to the AH. Its an improvement.

I guarantee you, that you will not find another legendary item until 1.06 comes sometime mid January 2013. It is Blizzard's masterful way if injecting placebo into the young impressionable minds of gamers that waste away playing this disgrace of a sequel bearing the Diablo name and property rights.

I too found one or two legendaries per patch, with nothing ever to come after that. This is the careful algorithm that Blizzard has implemented as the fundamental game engine to this game, and that people call this RNG, or cannot see this, well, you're not experienced or you lack a valuable human trait, called common sense.

Diablo3 is and will, remain, a RMAH streaming revenue to Blizzard, and that is final. What you do with your time, is up to you, but you are one that is feeding this machine. haha, now I get it! Infernal Machine! Jay Wilson laughing his head off.

15. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 12:40 Beelzebud

Blizzard should have delayed this game for at least a year. Nothing is going to bring back the launch week numbers.

Personally I still have D3 installed, but between Xcom and Torchlight 2, I just don't even care about this patch.

14. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 11:57 AngelicPenguin

1AngryGamer wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 10:52:
Armengar wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 06:15:
Well I think im still the only person having fun. You see, I like "the patrician" type games and I see D3 as being a hack n slash with a trading meta game included.

I love the D3UP.com website, If im on the AH then I have that site in my second monitor and D3 on windowed in my primary.

I might be niche but I still like D3. Finally completed it with my WD the other day, spent about 5M all in so not exactly a powerhouse build. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KK20-2930/hero/11514245

overall I like the new patch. keep it coming!

Spoken Like a true WoW Raider. In a game as lame as World of Warcraft number crunching and standing around on Panda Raids watching numbers float over people's heads is all there is to do. It is good to see that other Blizzard titles can pass on the legacy

Living up to your name.

13. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 11:55 Armengar

I have never played WoW so I cannot comment. Im not into paying subs for games. Asherons call was the last time I paid a subscription.

I do seem to remember I did the same in D2, although in those days we had stand alone programs to do that. I also seem to remember running "item generators" too.

This afternoon I played about 2 hours. Ran it at MP3 act 1 and got more than twice the normal amount of gold. I got a usable item and a legendary that has gone to the AH. Its an improvement.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

12. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 10:52 Angrius Maximis

Well I think im still the only person having fun. You see, I like "the patrician" type games and I see D3 as being a hack n slash with a trading meta game included.

I love the D3UP.com website, If im on the AH then I have that site in my second monitor and D3 on windowed in my primary.

I might be niche but I still like D3. Finally completed it with my WD the other day, spent about 5M all in so not exactly a powerhouse build. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KK20-2930/hero/11514245

Spoken Like a true WoW Raider. In a game as lame as World of Warcraft number crunching and standing around on Panda Raids watching numbers float over people's heads is all there is to do. It is good to see that other Blizzard titles can pass on the legacy

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Oct 17, 2012, 10:26 Yakubs

Darks wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 09:57:
Blizz missed the boat and many donít car anymore.

At first, I thought you were making a transportation-related pun or something.

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Oct 17, 2012, 09:57 Darks

So I tried out this new patch last night to see what itís all about. My Brother wanted me to run an act with him so we did. About the only good thing I can really say about the patch is that Legendries drop a lot more now. We had 4 drop in our run.

The new monster challenge 1 thru 10 is a nice change, but level 3 is inferno mode level. Need I say more if you set it to 5? Ridiculous damage and dying. Blizzard thinks by shoving a patch at us with a new slider bar that this will make people feel better about the game. My thoughts were around level 5 is where inferno should be. I have the full immortal set from my Barb and was still having way to much difficulty staying alive. This is some of the best gear you can get for your barb and you canít stay alive.

Everyone will be again complaining about not being able to beat the game on the highest level. This will all fall apart again and end up just like it was when the game was released and how no one is able to beat level 10.

One new thing they added are the Key Wardens. There are three of them, in the first three acts. You have to get all three keys in order to open the special Hard Boss that has a chance to drop really good loot and a book for crafting the Hellfire ring that is a very impressive ring that you can make.

I see good in this patch, but I also see the bad too. Loot drops for the most part too were mostly level 60 to 63 rares. That was good to see too. Time will tell if the patch works out for the better but I think Blizz missed the boat and many donít car anymore.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Oct 17, 2012, 08:43 BobBob

http://tinyurl.com/c3wyssd  

8. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 07:49 Luke

Well guess it's good for you then................. Book

7. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 06:15 Armengar

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2012, 06:24.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

6. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 05:43 Muscular Beaver

Kosumo wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 04:31:
Is this the patch that makes this Auction House a Game?
Its an ARPG!
Auction role playing game!

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

5. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 05:40 WyldKat

They're never adding PVP, are they?  

4. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 04:31 Kosumo

Is this the patch that makes this Auction House a Game?  

3. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 03:52 Cram

Patch is progress, albeit not very much. Infernal Machine is a cop-out, the reward boring for the work and luck required.  

2. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 00:43 Glykon

YOu know what I have to say abt D3 : F*ck Jay Wilson !  

1. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 00:18 Tumbler

I'm going to fix up Blizzard and Bioware on a date. I think they're perfect for each other.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo