Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 13:30 eRe4s3r

But it is bad parents all the way down......  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 12:09 Beamer

I don't think we can really blame parents for the actions of a 30 year old.
Otherwise where do we stop? Why is the 30 year old more or less evil? Bad parents. Why were his parents bad? Bad parents. Why were they bad? Bad parents. Bad parents all the way down.

Really, it's Adam and Eve's fault. Everything bad is their fault, as they're the original parents.
OMG THIS THEORY PROVES ORIGINAL SIN!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 11:58 eRe4s3r

Educated more often choose no children or only 1 child (because they can understand the consequences) so more education would enhance the problem not solve it.

And you don't have to forbid them to have children, but you can punish them with taxes heavily if they don't submit to the rules (parenting test, of both parents)

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 11:31 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 04:06:
People think I joke when I say that reproduction should be a state sanctioned event but I've never been more serious in my life. This planet is headed for Idiocracy. That's why I know we're doomed as a species.
Do you want children? Sure you aren't bitter by the fact stupid people can breed yet you can't easily reproduce?

I've struggled with this idea. But I think it's one of the corner stones of freedom. You can't tell people they aren't allowed to have children. Try telling ANY woman that she has no right to have children, she will beat you to death with her shoes... and so she should.

Education is where the issue is, not conception or birth. It's just education.

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 08:41 eRe4s3r

ANY government always likes to grow government dependency though, it is literally the reason of existence of an government. On the other hand, capitalists don't care about that, they just wand deregulation and trained sheep as customers. In a sense government also wants this, in order to keep population suppressed in a state of relative stasis. So my point being, capitalists and liberals are not mutually exclusive ;p The reasons for their actions are just different.  

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 08:23 RollinThundr

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 05:29:
It isn't just headed for Idiocracy, the lack of inherent education and "intelligence" you think people lack is actually something the government specifically wants. It doesn't want intelligent parents, citizens or otherwise. It want's trained workers that work for cheap wages (and intelligent ones don't do that), it wants stupid people that buy the stuff trained workers produce, in an ever growing effort of propagating a failed economic model.

In a sense, schools don't have the goal to produce smart people (if anything, this is a side-effect the hardcore liberal side of government would want to eradicate, to make people more dependant on government), they want to train customers that don't have the mental capacity to question the status quo, and workers that can work in factories and office jobs, but nothing else.

I think all that girl would have needed was a hug, and someone simply going to school with her, observing and then stepping in. That is what parents are supposed to do, confront the bullies directly with their parents and a school person present.

This whole thing with children being online without a strong supervision has blown mobbing up beyond the schoolyard. And this is where parents have to learn how to deal with it, not just tell your kids stuff, but show them. If you show that you are on the same level of abilities on the web as your children, you should have smooth sailing. All these issues come from parents who don't have a fucking clue, and I totally agree with Cutter on this particular -> reproduction should be a state sanctioned

There is no RIGHT to reproduction.

By the way, here is the video she posted http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=942_1350011523

And this tells a very different story than what was told in the news so far. The parents are 100% at fault here. And watching that, this is even more sad than I figured, and the guy Anonymous outed isn't the alone one to blame for this either, watch the video!

In fact, everyone who was being an ass on her facebook page should go to jail, just to set an example.

Fixed that for you. Capitalist want people to work and have money to spend on goods. Liberals like their government dependency to grow government.

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 06:27 J

I feel a song coming on.  

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 05:29 eRe4s3r

It isn't just headed for Idiocracy, the lack of inherent education and "intelligence" you think people lack is actually something the government specifically wants. It doesn't want intelligent parents, citizens or otherwise. It want's trained workers that work for cheap wages (and intelligent ones don't do that), it wants stupid people that buy the stuff trained workers produce, in an ever growing effort of propagating a failed economic model.

In a sense, schools don't have the goal to produce smart people (if anything, this is a side-effect the hardcore-capitalist side of government would want to eradicate), they want to train customers that don't have the mental capacity to question the status quo, and workers that can work in factories and office jobs, but nothing else.

I think all that girl would have needed was a hug, and someone simply going to school with her, observing and then stepping in. That is what parents are supposed to do, confront the bullies directly with their parents and a school person present.

This whole thing with children being online without a strong supervision has blown mobbing up beyond the schoolyard. And this is where parents have to learn how to deal with it, not just tell your kids stuff, but show them. If you show that you are on the same level of abilities on the web as your children, you should have smooth sailing. All these issues come from parents who don't have a fucking clue, and I totally agree with Cutter on this particular -> reproduction should be a state sanctioned

There is no RIGHT to reproduction.

By the way, here is the video she posted http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=942_1350011523

And this tells a very different story than what was told in the news so far. The parents are 100% at fault here. And watching that, this is even more sad than I figured, and the guy Anonymous outed isn't the alone one to blame for this either, watch the video!

In fact, everyone who was being an ass on her facebook page should go to jail, just to set an example.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2012, 06:25.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 04:06 Cutter

Prez wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 02:15:
Parents obviously play a role, but at some point there needs to be some personal accountability at least on the part of this cretin who stalked her. I certainly wouldn't expect much on the part of a young, impressionable 15 year-old, but given how much time kids spend online is putting all of the blame on her parents really fair? Realistically can her parents be expected to know everything she was into, especially if she was being sneaky about it? Obviously they could have kept her off the internet completely, but anyone with a tween or teen daughter with friends who are on it all the time know that's easier said than done. There's a tightrope we walk, trying to balance protecting them with sheltering them too much and stifling their social interaction, a lot of which nowadays, for better or worse, occurs online.

You can talk to your kids 'til you are blue in the face about the dangers of being online and what you tell or show to strangers, but some kids are tough to get through to. They'll yes you to death and promise you they will do right but then turn around and do crazy shit anyway. I know everyone remembers doing similar stuff when we were kids. The difference is that the world seems more dangerous now.

I don't buy that knowing my parents. Or most people's parents for that matter. That's why most of us turn out - relatively - well adjusted. This creep obviously had some issues beyond bad parenting but I'm sure his parents sucked at their job regardless. And this girl had shown all the signs, and already tried to kill herself drinking bleach for Christ's sake. What else did she need to do? Tattoo it on her forehead? Even if the authorities couldn't help they could have moved to somewhere else if it had come to that. Give the kid some space to breathe.

Couple with the fact that she was bullied by other kids, not all, but some shows yet more parental failures. Had I been that sort of asshole my dad would have literally put me in the hospital. I know it sounds crazy but I was raised to not do that sort of shit and actually help defend those people. And I'm sure - again - most of us fall into that category. Pretty whacky notion, huh? It's that sort of oblivious parenting that allows shit like this to happen on both sides. Shit like Columbine, etc.

Fuck, the other day I'm in old navy and some bitch is there with three of her brats running around screaming their heads off - and she's got another one on the way - I coral the kids and tell them to calm down. She laughs - probably to avoid confrontation - and tells me she'll pay me if I can get them to behave. I respond along the lines of, 'Really? That's the best you can do to rationalize being a bad parent and not disciplining your kids? Well, one day they're going to be society's problem which means the rest of us will have to pay for it figuratively and literally, and you're just fine with that are you?' Her face collapsed into anger and she stormed off after her kids without a word. And I'm sure all of us see this countless times every single fucking day. People think I joke when I say that reproduction should be a state sanctioned event but I've never been more serious in my life. This planet is headed for Idiocracy. That's why I know we're doomed as a species.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 02:15 Prez

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 00:43:
Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 23:17:
Her parents failed her and his parents failed him for him to turn out like that. Once again, these things almost always go back to the parents.
Maybe if someone stayed at home to look after the children these things wouldn't be so rampant.

Parents obviously play a role, but at some point there needs to be some personal accountability at least on the part of this cretin who stalked her. I certainly wouldn't expect much on the part of a young, impressionable 15 year-old, but given how much time kids spend online is putting all of the blame on her parents really fair? Realistically can her parents be expected to know everything she was into, especially if she was being sneaky about it? Obviously they could have kept her off the internet completely, but anyone with a tween or teen daughter with friends who are on it all the time know that's easier said than done. There's a tightrope we walk, trying to balance protecting them with sheltering them too much and stifling their social interaction, a lot of which nowadays, for better or worse, occurs online.

You can talk to your kids 'til you are blue in the face about the dangers of being online and what you tell or show to strangers, but some kids are tough to get through to. They'll yes you to death and promise you they will do right but then turn around and do crazy shit anyway. I know everyone remembers doing similar stuff when we were kids. The difference is that the world seems more dangerous now.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 02:07 eRe4s3r

Maybe people shouldn't be having children if they can't parent properly...  

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2012, 00:43 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 23:17:
Her parents failed her and his parents failed him for him to turn out like that. Once again, these things almost always go back to the parents.
Maybe if someone stayed at home to look after the children these things wouldn't be so rampant.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2012, 23:33 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 22:21:
I don't think 'bullying' is the correct term for what this clown did to this poor kid. This case goes far beyond 'bullying'; she was stalked and sexually abused, albeit not physically. I just hope that Anonymous' methods in finding this guy were foolproof and they didn't finger the wrong guy, because he is in a world of trouble.

Yeah here's someone who, assuming they got the right guy, deserves to have his life ruined... By the law hopefully (with the help of anonymous).

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2012, 23:17 Cutter

Her parents failed her and his parents failed him for him to turn out like that. Once again, these things almost always go back to the parents. Yep, the species is doomed no matter what. Maybe the world ending this December would be a good thing. Start over again and let the bees have a run at it.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2012, 22:21 Prez

I don't think 'bullying' is the correct term for what this clown did to this poor kid. This case goes far beyond 'bullying'; she was stalked and sexually abused, albeit not physically. I just hope that Anonymous' methods in finding this guy were foolproof and they didn't finger the wrong guy, because he is in a world of trouble.

This is why we parents try to keep our kids off of sites like Facebook.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2012, 22:37.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo