Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal

The Kickstarter Page for Project Eternity announces one final dramatic stretch goal for Obsidian's upcoming RPG if it reaches the $4 million mark, as it currently stands at over $3.7 million with four hours to go (thanks nin). Here's word:

OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

We are streaming live now on Twitch and UStream. We will be playing board games, answering your questions, and having fun!

View
115 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

35. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 18:09 Prez

deqer wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 18:04:
Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:58:
deqer wrote on Oct 16, 2012,:
By being a backer, you're delivering that same message of support to the industry. I don't understand your logic. But, whatever. To each their own. lulz.

My logic is that I don't have an infinite supply of money to throw around at the time-sensitive kickstarters so I have to pick and choose which ones seem like they need the most help. Once a game is greenlit there's every likelihood that it will be released one day and I can buy it at my leisure.

Ya ya, w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r... Carry on.

LOL - my mistake. I was unaware my personal spending habits had to pass deger muster. Laugh2

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 18:04 deqer

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:58:
By being a backer, you're delivering that same message of support to the industry. I don't understand your logic. But, whatever. To each their own. lulz.

My logic is that I don't have an infinite supply of money to throw around at the time-sensitive kickstarters so I have to pick and choose which ones seem like they need the most help. Once a game is greenlit there's every likelihood that it will be released one day and I can buy it at my leisure.

Ya ya, w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r... Carry on.

33. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:58 Prez

32. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:58 Creston

Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

LOL. It's so awesome the way everyone keeps ragging him about it.

Creston

31. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:55 nin

John wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:29:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:22:
The dungeon is 8 levels now...that's just full of awesome.
No, it's 12 levels at least! Where you see only 8?

Looks like if we can scrounge 1000 more backers we'd get the 13th floor...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

30. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:50 deqer

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:42:
deqer wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:35:
Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:32:
I find I am less likely to donate money to a kickstarter when it takes off as fast as this one did. I tend to help the slower-moving ones that I would still want to see released. I had intended to donate to this but by the time I got around to it they were well on the way to surpassing their second stretch goal, so I didn't. They clearly didn't need it.

I will definitely be buying this on release though.
Yes, but if you back it for $25, then you get the game for $25, rather $60 in a store.

More likely $40 or $50. Which I would have no problem paying. I don't mind paying full price in order to tell the industry that these are the types of games I want to play.

29. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:46 Mashiki Amiketo

John wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:29:
About half way down the page. They've got both still up, 8 and 12. Though I'd say 12 sounds aoout right.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

28. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:45 John

Yes, but if you back it for $25, then you get the game for $25, rather $60 in a store.
True that! Plus you can get stuff that won't be in the game later and you can help make the game better by paying now.

This space is available for rent

27. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:42 Prez

I find I am less likely to donate money to a kickstarter when it takes off as fast as this one did. I tend to help the slower-moving ones that I would still want to see released. I had intended to donate to this but by the time I got around to it they were well on the way to surpassing their second stretch goal, so I didn't. They clearly didn't need it.

More likely $40 or $50. Which I would have no problem paying. I don't mind paying full price in order to tell the industry that these are the types of games I want to play.

26. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:35 deqer

25. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:32 Prez

24. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:30 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:18:
That's really pretty damn awesome. The sad thing is I am hyped for a game that doesn't come out for 2 years, at least.

Well, they don't officially have two years. The release target is April 2014 which I'd say there is a snowflake's chance in hell they'll actually make it with all of the stuff that has been originally planned and that has now been added on top via the stretch goals.
I believe they would be doing everyone a huge favor if they would announce a more realistic release target ASAP. If the game gets pushed back six months or even more in a year from now it will cost them a lot of good will and reputation. Better review the project now and tell it like it is.
I also think that two years would be the minimum for what they have planned unless the game is going to consist of two directly neighboring big cities with only a stronghold in between and not much else to explore .

23. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:29 John

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:22:

22. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:25 John

That's really pretty damn awesome. The sad thing is I am hyped for a game that doesn't come out for 2 years, at least.
Nah, just 18 months.

21. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:22 Mashiki Amiketo

You're not the only one. I think a *squeee* is worth it no matter what.

bah stupid phone

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:20 deqer

Okay okay, I backed this project for $25. It's my first back. Just signed up to do it. Why? Because 1) that picture, 2) frequent updates to their kickstarter, 3) their past history of games, 4) GOG (DRM-free) option, and 5) because of all the hype.  

19. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:19 John

deqer wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:08:
That art picture of the dungeon levels is so epic. I loved that picture even before I knew it was able to grow depending on the budget. Now I love watching it grow.
Yeah, I think it's cool and would love them to add a small "banner" of it with the game. Or at least a cheap addon. You should support them too though and at least put in for $25!

18. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:18 eRe4s3r

paypal is now 130k ;p So only 120k to get 4m .. unbelievable, but it might even go a bit above 4m with paypal included.

17. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:16 Beamer

Also, I just backed Tom Hall's game.
The man gave us Dopefish, the least I can do is put $15 towards him making an RPG.

Can't help but think it would have done better with just Tom Hall's name attached. Brenda Brathwaite doesn't seem to be helping, and there's the stench of Romero, fair (to both the game and John himself) or not...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

16. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:15 ASeven

$250K to reach $4M on KS.  

115 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer