Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal

The Kickstarter Page for Project Eternity announces one final dramatic stretch goal for Obsidian's upcoming RPG if it reaches the $4 million mark, as it currently stands at over $3.7 million with four hours to go (thanks nin). Here's word:

OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

We are streaming live now on Twitch and UStream. We will be playing board games, answering your questions, and having fun!

View
115 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

55. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:50 Dev

Thumb War!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:48 Beamer

deqer wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 19:22:
So, you only like to back half-ass projects that are barely making it through. Interesting.

He backs projects that need backing, not ones that don't but offer him a better deal.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

53. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:43 Mashiki Amiketo

ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 19:29:
$3.87M. 90m to go.
It's apparently past $4m now according to the livestream on twitch.

Q was asked: Will they consider doing more kickstarters after this?
Obsidian: Yes.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

52. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:35 nin

So, you only like to back half-ass projects that are barely making it through. Interesting.

See - this is why people don't like you. You're a jackass.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

51. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:29 ASeven

$3.87M. 90m to go.  

50. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:28 Pyloff

Glad to see this one doing so well. I'm hoping my boxed collector editions of my kickstarts generate some value as I'm playing them.  

49. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:27 Prez

Understanding that you are obviously trolling I will still state the obvious concepts that not every kickstarter project has the pedigree of the guys this one has, and not every kickstarter project that struggles to reach its funding goals is crap. I can't figure out why I feel compelled to answer you. Perhaps it's on the outside chance that you aren't trolling and you really are this ignorant - call it a pity thing.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

48. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:22 deqer

47. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 16, 2012, 19:20 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 19:16:
ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 19:03:
$4M have now been confirmed!

That is ridiculous!

Creston

It really is!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

46. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 19:18 Creston

Ceribaen wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 16:37:
Between Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2 and this... I should have the bulk of the next year and after covered.

It's going to be a turn-based Nirvana!
(the awesome RPGs being added to it really doesn't suck either.)

Btw, it's awesome that those three games are all really different. Cyberpunk, post-nuclear and fantasy. I can't wait to start playing them!!! *hops up and down in glee*

Creston

45. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 16, 2012, 19:16 Creston

ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 19:03:

That is ridiculous!

Creston

44. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 16, 2012, 19:14 ASeven

72.5K backers. 13th dungeon floor added.  

43. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 16, 2012, 19:09 Prez

At this point I think they can set a stretch goal of 10 million for hooker's, coke, and Ferraris to keep them happy during development and they would reach it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

42. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 16, 2012, 19:03 ASeven

41. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 16, 2012, 18:41 ASeven

Apparently, with paypal donations included, we're about 10K short of hitting 4M.  

40. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 16, 2012, 18:30 ASeven

72K backers. A new dungeon level for sure, making it 13 dungeon levels!  

39. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 18:29 Bhruic

At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game.

Man, they are really struggling to come up with stretch goals. Were they going to otherwise use the $500K on hookers and blow?

38. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 16, 2012, 18:25 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:58:
deqer wrote on Oct 16, 2012,:
By being a backer, you're delivering that same message of support to the industry. I don't understand your logic. But, whatever. To each their own. lulz.

My logic is that I don't have an infinite supply of money to throw around at the time-sensitive kickstarters so I have to pick and choose which ones seem like they need the most help. Once a game is greenlit there's every likelihood that it will be released one day and I can buy it at my leisure.

Your logic is very sound. If there are multiple things that you would like to back and only can afford one or some. It only makes sense to back the one that isn't a slam dunk, PE is a done deal, it's being made. If thee dungeon has 5 levels, 25 levels, you still got a whole game prior to that. The low game needs some love.

Now the Wizardy/Anach game, needs some lovin and I personally prefer that style more so then the BG one, though I like both. That said, D:Original Sin an non-kickstarter imo will be the best of all.

37. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 18:16 Optional Nickname!

The fact that it cost upwards of $200,000 for P:E to have live orchestration vs. nothing for Fruity-Loops™ MIDI means that I will have to upgrade my PC sound system yet again to hear what I'm missing.

The "good" news is the two year span to do it in...

36. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 18:13 ASeven

$3.8M. 71.7K backers.  

115 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo