Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal

The Kickstarter Page for Project Eternity announces one final dramatic stretch goal for Obsidian's upcoming RPG if it reaches the $4 million mark, as it currently stands at over $3.7 million with four hours to go (thanks nin). Here's word:

OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

We are streaming live now on Twitch and UStream. We will be playing board games, answering your questions, and having fun!

View
115 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

15. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:11 Beamer

Oook, everyone else is jumping off this bridge so am I.

Consider me, for the first time, in agreement with deqer, on the post he just made. It's been a fun ride, that dungeon concept is awesome, and I'm intrigued more than I would have been otherwise.

Plus, the first (and only) game I've backed that's been released is my game of the year.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:08 deqer

I started out dissing this project because of it's title, but now I'm more excited than ever about this project, and I'm not even a backer nor interested. Wait, does that make sense?

That art picture of the dungeon levels is so epic. I loved that picture even before I knew it was able to grow depending on the budget. Now I love watching it grow.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

- deqer
"Don't put me on your ignore list, bro."

13. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:06 John

ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:02:
3 hours to go.
It's just under 4 hours actually but the counter seems to round down. It officially ends 9pm EST.

This space is available for rent

12. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:02 ASeven

3 hours to go.  

11. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:02 nin

ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 16:53:
$3.73M. 12 dungeon levels achieved.

They literally can't seem to update that graphic on the front page quick enough.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:01 John

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 16:51:
Enh, I really wish they would have made making a good NWN style editor a MAJOR focus as expansion goal. Extend the game life for years and let the community build stuff they want. That sort of thing is infinitely more important - to me at any rate - than any and all of their stretch goals put together.
They mentioned that in one of their updates I believe. They said they would release a game editor if possible once they got more experience with the new engine they're using (new to them). It may be something they can add to the expansion as well.

9. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:53 ASeven

$3.73M. 12 dungeon levels achieved.  

8. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:52 eRe4s3r

What you ask for is absolutely impossible for an Infinity style RPG.. just fyi ,p  

7. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:51 deqer

I'm on twitch watchin them right now. They are answering people's questions.

6. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:51 eRe4s3r

Kicktraq really needs an hourly iteration for it's charts, because a day with 24hrs can make a huge difference.. especially the first and last days (this would also fix the broken trends which are NEVER accurate because they take the first 2 days too much into account.)  

5. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:51 Cutter

Enh, I really wish they would have made making a good NWN style editor a MAJOR focus as expansion goal. Extend the game life for years and let the community build stuff they want. That sort of thing is infinitely more important - to me at any rate - than any and all of their stretch goals put together.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:49 John

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 16:43:
3.72 currently, with kicktraq saying "3.492 to 3.692".

Yeah, no use in using Kicktraq anymore except I like to see the "Pledges & Backers by day" tab. Over $350k added today so far!

3. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:45 John

It keeps going and going and going... UP!  

2. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:43 nin

3.72 currently, with kicktraq saying "3.492 to 3.692".

Awesome day.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 16:37 Ceribaen

I'll admit to getting caught in the hype and upped my pledge a bit to get the companion pet and expansion pack to come.

Between Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2 and this... I should have the bulk of the next year and after covered.

115 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo