Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month

1C Company announces the release date for King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, saying the next installment in the King's Bounty series of RPGs will be available worldwide on October 26th. Word is: "The King's Bounty: Warriors of the North pre-order is now available at Steam, Amazon, GameStop, GamersGate and many others. Each shop offers additional bonuses for pre-orders." This includes the choice of a standard edition, or a Valhalla Edition which comes at a 10% premium over the regular price, and here's what that will offer:

• Valhalla Armor Set
    These unique in-game items are an armor set the hero can collect in the course of their journeys. Combined together these artifacts give additional a strong boost to the character's attributes.
  • Digital artwork and wallpapers
    Digital bonuses: Ultra-high resolution artwork depicting an epic battle of Olaf and the Valkyries against undead hordes, and wallpapers available in all popular desktop resolutions.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 18, 2012, 07:36 CeeJay

Royal snakes!

And dragons! Huge stacks of dragons!

You can't find that many, but I was fond of using and abusing Sacrifice and Resurrect to grow my army.

Royal Thorns were also very helpful, both in combat and the lesser spawned thorns gave me lots of mana back when I burned them with my dragons (so I could use that mana to fuel Sacrifice and Resurrect)

I'm the developer of SweetFX
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 17, 2012, 16:56 Wowbagger_TIP

avianflu wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 16:53:
I sorta agree with that but in 2 specific instances for me in "princess" there were no more troops on the map that I could defeat without losing loads of my troops (and importantly -- easier enemies dont ever respawn on a map) and I had no money. At that point you are truly stuck.

That's pretty much the situation that I seem to end up in eventually whenever I try one of these games again. Only way to deal with it is to go back to a (usually MUCH) earlier save and try to do better, but since you're essentially re-fighting each of the same battles again, it gets kind of boring. And you're still not sure if you'll be able to do well enough to get past the part where you were stuck.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

16. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 19:02 Prez

I need to re-install this game(s) again. I was really enjoying it several hours in but I got distracted by a family crisis and never went back. My saves got deleted and I sort of forgot about the game. First I have to stop those bastard invading aliens first. C'mon countries of the world whose asses I am in the process of saving, throw us a bone (and more importantly some MONEY) here!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 17:34 Julio

No GOG, no sale. Guess I'm waiting for the inevitable cheap pricing if it hits GOG. I'm replaying the first one while waiting for the rest of the series to get to GOG.  

14. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 16:53 Cutter

I've always found these games to be poorly balanced, which has led to me eventually getting frustrated and/or bored and never finishing the game. Enh, I'm in the 'Get it in the bargain bin' crowd on this.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

13. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 16:53 avianflu

I sorta agree with that but in 2 specific instances for me in "princess" there were no more troops on the map that I could defeat without losing loads of my troops (and importantly -- easier enemies dont ever respawn on a map) and I had no money. At that point you are truly stuck.

12. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 16:29 PHJF

Love the gameplay in this series, but I think I just suck at these games. I inevitably end up hitting a wall at some point where I just can't beat some creature blocking my way, and don't have a way to put together a good enough army to beat it. I tend to wander off to some other game at that point.

That's the entire point. It's more like an RPG than any other similar game... you need to go lvl up, maybe get some new spells, bolster the ranks. It makes winning difficult battles particularly rewarding.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 16:11 avianflu

The game is great but it is hampered by the mechanic where you "need money for troops." That's in itself is fine of course, but there's no way to make more money every week, as you can with HOMM3. There's no revenue stream.

So you may find yourself stuck on a map with no money to buy troops unless you are careful to only get in battles you can win without troop attrition.

10. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 15:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Love the gameplay in this series, but I think I just suck at these games. I inevitably end up hitting a wall at some point where I just can't beat some creature blocking my way, and don't have a way to put together a good enough army to beat it. I tend to wander off to some other game at that point.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

9. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 14:32 Bhruic

PHJF wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 14:13:
I'm just hoping they can balance out some of the units a bit, because my army composition tended to always end up the same - as soon as I could find the units to buy.

Royal snakes!

Heh, yeah, those were usually a staple too.

8. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 14:13 PHJF

I'm just hoping they can balance out some of the units a bit, because my army composition tended to always end up the same - as soon as I could find the units to buy.

Royal snakes!

7. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 13:34 Bhruic

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 12:13:
PHJF wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 11:45:
It's $27. Don't be a cheap ass.
In the UK it's $36, which I feel is too much for what is essentially an expansion pack. The original game had over 60hrs of content, yet I only got out 30hrs out of Armored Princess with the Crossworlds expansion. My concern is that it will be the same with Warriors Of The North.

Did you not finish it or something? My AP playthough took about 1.5x as long as my TL playthrough did. And that was pre-Crossworlds.

I'm absolutely looking forward to this installment. I'm just hoping they can balance out some of the units a bit, because my army composition tended to always end up the same - as soon as I could find the units to buy. Inquisitors and Paladins, for example, were just too good to pass up.

6. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 12:13 theyarecomingforyou

PHJF wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 11:45:
It's $27. Don't be a cheap ass.
In the UK it's $36, which I feel is too much for what is essentially an expansion pack. The original game had over 60hrs of content, yet I only got out 30hrs out of Armored Princess with the Crossworlds expansion. My concern is that it will be the same with Warriors Of The North.

I'm a huge fan of the series but the price point is just too high.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

5. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 12:10 avianflu

I do love these games but this one doesnt look all that different from the previous versions and add-ons.  

4. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 11:45 PHJF

I'll wait for it to go on sale but I'll definitely be picking this up at some point.

It's $27. Don't be a cheap ass. They've already shown three times they are capable of releasing great, content-rich games in this series.

3. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 11:29 Jivaro

A great series that, IMO, has gotten progressively better withe each release while the HOMM games have been on the decline since HOMM3.  

2. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 10:47 Frijoles

Here's the link to it:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203350/

I couldn't get in to the previous games, despite enjoying HoMM. I may grab it eventually though. One thing I didn't like is that the stores didn't appear to replenish their supply of NPCs/creatures to purchase. Unless I just didn't wait long enough.

1. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 10:41 theyarecomingforyou

I'll wait for it to go on sale but I'll definitely be picking this up at some point. I loved the previous games.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo