Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow

A post to the Diablo III Forums announces that the version 1.0.5 patch for Diablo III will be deployed tomorrow:

We will be performing scheduled maintenance for Diablo III starting tomorrow at 3:00 a.m. PDT in order to deploy patch 1.0.5. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT.

Important: Please note that you will not be prompted to download patch 1.0.5 until the patch is live in your home region. If you are logging in from a European or Asian client, you will need to wait for this patch to release in that region before it can be installed. Additionally, if your home region is the Americas, you will be unable to log into Europe or Asia using Global Play after patch 1.0.5 is live until those regions have also patched.

For reference, here are the scheduled maintenance times for each region:

The Americas: 3:00 a.m. PDT (10/16) to 1:00 p.m. PDT (10/16) Europe: 6:00 p.m. PDT (10/16) to 4:00 a.m. PDT (10/17) Asia: 11:00 a.m. PDT (10/17) to 9:00 p.m. PDT (10/17)

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 19:37 Prez

ShakaUVM wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:02:
You're only as good as your last game, Blizzard.

After Diablo 3, I will never blindly buy one of your games again.

If I had a nickel for every time I have heard this from people I could afford to buy Diablo 3 - not that I would. I'd most likely spend it on 4 copies of Torchlight 2 to give to my friends.

And Verno is exactly right. A friend bought me a key for The Old Republic, and to my surprise I played it for almost 100 hours according to EA/Bioware's playtime counter. Yet I spend all of my energy in discussing that game on how much I hated it, and how disappointing it was on so many levels. Seems incongruent on the surface, but like Verno said just because you are grinding towards a goal (mostly for a friend's sake in my case) doesn't mean you are enjoying yourself. One could question why I or anyone else would so willfully waste their precious time in such a manner and probably be right in asking, but I think as gamers we have all done it at one time or another.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 17:02 ShakaUVM

You're only as good as your last game, Blizzard.

After Diablo 3, I will never blindly buy one of your games again.

28. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 10:15 Optional nickname

My gaming integrity, principle of matters > (far far greater than) Diablo 3 version x.xx

RIP Blizzard! Coaster of the Decade.

Amusing to see people to this very day, still disputing the game engine that runs this piece of shit of a time wasting game, for no rewards, with the RMAH hanging over your minds in the main menu. Blizzard stops at nothing to degrade your souls. You can be a huge company, and give back to your fans, but you choose to lower the bar, and test the waters, as you gawk at your news ticker feeds behind a smoked mirror glass.

Blizzard, you have 300 million fans. Why are you sudddenly exploiting them with filler itemization (like adding celery to canned soups), false hope, induced and generated legendary items at the RMAH, Bots that are run by you- yet no one dares to say and believe, you give the entire realm the same low budget legendary item and you expect them to think there is more to get off the ground, you are more predictable and cheezy, than McDonald's McNopoly contest game. You change the game and classes at all costs, except for one cost: that is the cost to your bottom line.

FUCK YOU and your coaster of the decade, it does not even warrant holding a chipped mug on an already stained coffee table.

I hope you sleep well at night, Mike, and your fucking loser friends.

/I am fine, I love to vent about this game

p.s My sincere hope and prayer, goes out to the young gaming community, to please see past this game, and grow a fucking spine.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2012, 10:26.

27. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 09:13 Verno

eunichron wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 00:43:
Whoa settle down. I didn't mean you specifically, but players in general. Like Ozmodan down there who claims to have put 400 hours into it but says the game isn't fun . To which I reiterate, if one does not enjoy the game, why would one invest so much time in it?

You have to use Diablo 2 (and ARPGs in general) as a context for how players expectations are. People expect to put in a lot of time to reach an apex point where the real enjoyment/metagame kick in. Diablo 2 was a power progression game, you planned out a build and eventually filled in the blanks while collecting loot. By the end you were a demigod wearing awesome stuff.

People played expecting that sort of experience, building towards something. Diablo 2 had shit drop rates but had a decent dupe economy that kept the graft going so people perceived it differently than outright purchasing items through a built-in interface. Diablo 3 works almost in reverse. You start out very powerful but as you unlock more abilities you actually become weaker as the monster progression ramps up too much. There isn't much permanence or player choice because you have no control over stat allocation and the new skill system is more limited.

The end result is that people keep playing Diablo 3, waiting for that point where it becomes like Diablo 2 and you achieve that sense of progression. Unfortunately it never really arrives, eventually people burn out and leave frustrated by the experience. There were times I had fun with Diablo 3 but they were few and far between.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

26. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 08:13 wonkawonka

As long as the loot drops are geared for chinese bots, the game is useless.
I've been playing Torchlight 2 at the hardest difficulty level and it's FUN. And it you can actually play it with YOUR OWN LOOT.
What an amazing thing, eh?

25. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 08:01 Mr. Tact

LaxerFL wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:58:
It's weird. It isn't a BAD game, it just isn't as good as it could/should be. [...] I never played Diablo 2 for the item grind. I just wanted to see how close to 99 I could get. I got a necro to 94... before the expansion, lol! That was a lot of Chaos Sanctuary runs!!
I remember building multiple characters to 99. My favorite was the Javazon. Building to 99 wasn't so bad if you used the cow level.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

24. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 08:01 LaxerFL

LaxerFL wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 07:58:
Between Dishonored, Worms Revolution, Borderlands 2, Stronghold Kingdoms (I'm hooked and I don't know why lol) and trying to squeeze in some Dark Age of Camelot RvR, I am overloaded with quality games to play. It is a good day when I have a hard time picking what to play when I sit down at my PC. I usually login to Stronghold for a few minutes to set something building, researching, attacking, etc, then flip a coin between Dishonored and Borderlands 2. Worms is really a multi-player thing for me. My friends and I had some great times playing the older titles high as kites 10 or so years ago...I may have outgrown the weed but not the Flying Sheep!

My point there that I forgot to make was, there is no need to waste your life with this timesink anymore. There are dozens of great games to play right now!

23. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 07:58 LaxerFL

Between Dishonored, Worms Revolution, Borderlands 2, Stronghold Kingdoms (I'm hooked and I don't know why lol) and trying to squeeze in some Dark Age of Camelot RvR, I am overloaded with quality games to play. It is a good day when I have a hard time picking what to play when I sit down at my PC. I usually login to Stronghold for a few minutes to set something building, researching, attacking, etc, then flip a coin between Dishonored and Borderlands 2. Worms is really a multi-player thing for me. My friends and I had some great times playing the older titles high as kites 10 or so years ago...I may have outgrown the weed but not the Flying Sheep!  

22. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 04:28 Cram

My first play through still remains something of a nerdgasm I won't forget. Like said 10000x times, each subsequent playthrough unapologetic-ally presented the problems with the game to you via swift rights and kicks to the groin.

I really can't forgive Blizzard for what they did to my own personal style of play. I am Demon Hunter. That's it, I don't give 17 rats asses about the other 4 classes. Building up to release, I knew this class would be FAST PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW and evasion. That's how I love to play.

They epic-nerfed IAS that I spent the entire time building up until the sudden nerf. They then took one of my favorite skills in the entire game "Vault" (yeah, Vault) and suddenly made it awesome amazing fun (Trail of Cinders). Nah, can't have it, "it was a bug that somehow got passed tons of people" time to nerf. I never bought the reason that disciple skills should be survival only and not dps. Each vault I made put me at severe risk in Inferno using it as a dps weapon. I didn't have Natayla's set and didn't have +disp gear. I use Vault, I put myself at risk of insta death because I may not be able to SS to save my ass. It was unbelievably fun. Blizzard said no.

On top of that, the games walk/run speed is awful. What happened to 30-40% run speed boots? I thought that would actually be in this game. Here's the kick to the groin, your charactor in Torchlight 2 runs, by default, faster than any D3 char with 12% run boots (not including passives). I can't afford a good set of Lacuni Bracers or any other extra good gear piece with Run speed. Why was an affix that was basically available in beta (almost 12% run speed, I think I had 9% boots in beta), not improved in 4 difficulties of play in this game?

Am I the only one that played D2 that, when making a new alt, pumped into Strength so I could put in Sigon's Greaves immediately because it made building an alt way more fun at that point?

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2012, 04:43.

21. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 04:10 InBlack

Its a lot of small things, that add up over time...

So while technically I got my money's worth from Diablo3, the combination of little things (Day 1,2,3,4 & 5 logon problems..., No PvP, no skill trees, strange itemization, terrible storytelling, disco lights, AH weirdness, etc. etc. etc...) really killed the game for me, the more I played it the more I realised that I wanted to play a sequel to Diablo2:LOD and that this game isnt even close to it....

I have a nifty blue line!

20. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 03:37 Lord Tea

Theo wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 03:20:
will login when the pvp patch arrives... till then tl2?

Will login when always on + RMAH are gone and it's on sale for $5

OMG people actually wasted 400+ hours of precious lifetime on this junk .... unbelievable!

UPSA = United Police States of America

19. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 03:20 Theo

will login when the pvp patch arrives... till then tl2?

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

18. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 03:06 Muscular Beaver

eunichron wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 21:19:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:49:
I'm sort of glad I skipped this one. Maybe if enough expansions come out it'll be a fun game.

It's weird. It isn't a BAD game, it just isn't as good as it could/should be. I did enjoy playing a Witch Doctor for a little bit. There is no way I could finish Inferno though. Not because it is too hard but because the game gets REALLY boring at that point. You have all your spells and abilities available to you WAY before you beat Inferno. There is no character progression after that and really what is the point? I never played Diablo 2 for the item grind. I just wanted to see how close to 99 I could get. I got a necro to 94... before the expansion, lol! That was a lot of Chaos Sanctuary runs!!

I understand the people who boycott the game because of always-online or RMAH, but I really don't understand the people who continue to sink hours upon hours into it while at the same time deriding it for how terrible it is. If the game is so awful, why did you put 200+ hours into it? Why did you kill Diablo on Inferno with every class? Obviously the game meant at least something to you to devote that much time to it.

I put about 100 hours into it before I gave it up for other games. Not that I didn't like it, it just didn't hold my attention long enough. It certainly wasn't a bad game, it wasn't a great game either. I got my $60 worth and moved on when I got bored of it. I may or may not reinstall it down the road, but for the time being I have a massive backlog of games to work on.

Simply because I liked it at first. I put about 200 hours into it with 2 chars. I actually thought the high difficulty in Inferno is the class I played, so I switched the class but then they patched the game kaputt and I also noticed it was not the class and I left. Actually I deleted that game 1 day after that repair cost patch, because it made me poor in just a few deaths. I never completed Inferno.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

17. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 02:25 SM0k3

Tanto Edge wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 23:20:
Whoopdefuckingdoo.

16. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 01:04 Luke

LaxerFL wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 00:09:
Where did you get the idea that I spent 200 hours playing? I said I couldn't even finish Inferno. I think I played about 60 hours total. 55 on my WD and maybe 5 hours on the other bullshit boring classes.

I'm just confused why you would think I played for hundreds of hours?

Whoa settle down. I didn't mean you specifically, but players in general. Like Ozmodan down there who claims to have put 400 hours into it but says the game isn't fun . To which I reiterate, if one does not enjoy the game, why would one invest so much time in it?

Why talk about a game if ya havend played it,
why talk about the game when you have put 400+ into it
When is it ok to talk about a game like this POS Clown

15. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 00:56 Bet

Where did you get the idea that I spent 200 hours playing? I said I couldn't even finish Inferno. I think I played about 60 hours total. 55 on my WD and maybe 5 hours on the other bullshit boring classes.

Masochism.

14. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 00:43 eunichron

13. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 00:15 RollinThundr

Dades wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:24:
I wonder if they will ever build the game up to parity with Diablo 2, let alone finally fulfill expectations. Did that PvP patch ever come out?

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Just like Diablo 2 was supposed to have guild halls and the like. Typical blizzard, over promise, take 10 years, under deliver.

12. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 00:15 Alamar

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 00:01:
Can't bring myself to play anymore. The game is just not fun at all. Probably have 400 hours in this game by now and nary a legendary have I seen. Worst itemization in any game made in the last 20 years.

But 1.0.5 doubles the chance for legendaries, so you could put in another 400 for 2 x 0 : )

I believe I put in about that amount, and found 5 or so... I think one may have been useful (I stopped playing before they buffed em, for the most part).

-Alamar

11. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 00:09 LaxerFL

eunichron wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 21:19:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:49:
I'm sort of glad I skipped this one. Maybe if enough expansions come out it'll be a fun game.

It's weird. It isn't a BAD game, it just isn't as good as it could/should be. I did enjoy playing a Witch Doctor for a little bit. There is no way I could finish Inferno though. Not because it is too hard but because the game gets REALLY boring at that point. You have all your spells and abilities available to you WAY before you beat Inferno. There is no character progression after that and really what is the point? I never played Diablo 2 for the item grind. I just wanted to see how close to 99 I could get. I got a necro to 94... before the expansion, lol! That was a lot of Chaos Sanctuary runs!!

I understand the people who boycott the game because of always-online or RMAH, but I really don't understand the people who continue to sink hours upon hours into it while at the same time deriding it for how terrible it is. If the game is so awful, why did you put 200+ hours into it? Why did you kill Diablo on Inferno with every class? Obviously the game meant at least something to you to devote that much time to it.

I put about 100 hours into it before I gave it up for other games. Not that I didn't like it, it just didn't hold my attention long enough. It certainly wasn't a bad game, it wasn't a great game either. I got my $60 worth and moved on when I got bored of it. I may or may not reinstall it down the road, but for the time being I have a massive backlog of games to work on.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo