Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS

Superannuation tweets that the LinkedIn profiles of Don Norbury and Clint Bundrick show that the pair now work for Microsoft Game Studios, revealing they have parted ways with Irrational Games, where they served as AI and combat lead designers on BioShock Infinite, the apparently troubled first-person shooter sequel. Thanks Kotaku, where they say their request for comment from Irrational has gone unfulfilled.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 17, 2012, 04:36 Jerykk

Verno wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 09:31:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 00:29:
They just recently said they had the game nailed down and were getting ready to show its final state... I don't imagine there's much for AI and combat designers to do during the beta/polish phase, so they're free to move on now.

Hmm? Where was this? I must have missed it. My impression was that the game was floundering in development hell and had been delayed several times already.

I believe Levine stated that the next time they show the game to the public, it will accurately reflect the final product. According to the game's Facebook page, a trailer is going to be released in 4 days so presumably, the game is at least in beta. Still, seeing all these people leave Irrational is a bit disconcerting. High turnover rates suggest that people aren't happy working there or don't believe the studio will survive much longer. It's entirely possible that 2K will shut it down once Infinite ships.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 16, 2012, 09:31 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 00:29:
They just recently said they had the game nailed down and were getting ready to show its final state... I don't imagine there's much for AI and combat designers to do during the beta/polish phase, so they're free to move on now.

Hmm? Where was this? I must have missed it. My impression was that the game was floundering in development hell and had been delayed several times already.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

12. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 16, 2012, 03:24 mag

Why would they even need AI or combat designers? From the trailers, it looks like it's a scripted rail shooter and that no matter where you shoot you hit the 'target'.  

11. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 16, 2012, 00:29 jacobvandy

10. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 16, 2012, 00:27 RollinThundr

Fantaz wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 22:20:
It could be this game's development are having similar issues as with Thief 4. The quality is not up to today's expectations. They might delay it, scrap it and redo for next-gen consoles like they're doing for Starcraft Ghost.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm but SC Ghost is never coming out. Was never really interested in BS Infinite, the first two games were enough for me in this franchise.

9. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 16, 2012, 00:17 NegaDeath

"the pair now work for Microsoft Game Studios"

Those poor men! Cry

8. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 16, 2012, 00:10 Wallshadows

Fantaz wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 22:20:
They might delay it, scrap it and redo for next-gen consoles like they're doing for Starcraft Ghost.

Did I miss something in regards to SC Ghost?

7. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 15, 2012, 22:20 Fantaz

It could be this game's development are having similar issues as with Thief 4. The quality is not up to today's expectations. They might delay it, scrap it and redo for next-gen consoles like they're doing for Starcraft Ghost.  

6. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 15, 2012, 21:42 Cyanotetyphas

I hope to token DLC doesn't suffer because of this.  

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

5. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 15, 2012, 21:41 Tumbler

This game lost it's huge appeal to me around January of this year. There seems to be a point where hype just burns you out. It should have shipped during the 2011 holiday season, misses all of 2012 and now we're expecting it in 2013?

I just don't care anymore.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

4. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 15, 2012, 21:38 Prez

Considering how often we see it nowadays, I'm not sure the departure of developers for an unreleased game is necessarily an indication of trouble for a game in development. Considering how modular game development has become I imagine it would be pretty routine for developers to move on when the portion they were contributing to was complete or nearly complete.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 15, 2012, 20:40 Dades

What is the big hold up on this? The trailer I saw looked really scripted so I'm not sure why they are finding it so difficult to ship another Bioshock game.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

2. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 15, 2012, 20:39 Stimpack

I was never very excited about this, but it still sucks to continually hear bad news coming from Irrational Games.  

1. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 15, 2012, 20:22 HorrorScope

Ouch.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo