Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans

This Kickstarter update from Project Eternity outlines plans to create a documentary covering the development of Obsidian's upcoming RPG, saying that while this will not be funded with any of their ever-larger pile of Kickstarter loot, the in-progress documentary is now part of all of their Kickstarter reward tiers via stream, download, or physical copy. A subsequent update offers the opportunity to get a physical copy of the game's soundtrack. There are just 27 hours remaining before this campaign wraps up, so we probably shouldn't expect more than seven or eight more updates.

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

57. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 18:23 John

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 18:20:
"And here it is...

$4m Stretch Goal - Enhance the Whole Game

OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum."
Yeah, check the latest news on Blues and you'll see a new topic about it.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 18:20 Mr. Tact

"And here it is...

$4m Stretch Goal - Enhance the Whole Game

OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum."

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

55. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 16:44 ASeven

John wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 16:42:
ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 15:34:
Can we get to $4M in 5 hours? The race begins!
I think it's possible with Paypal backers.. It'll be close though!

$3.72M now.

54. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 16:42 John

ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 15:34:
I think it's possible with Paypal backers.. It'll be close though!

53. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 16:24 ASeven

$3.7M. 4 hours to go.  

52. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 15:57 ASeven

$3.68M  

51. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 15:35 ASeven

http://www.twitch.tv/obsidian

They are playing boardgames. Good taste, those men.

50. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 15:34 ASeven

70K backers, one more dungeon level. $3.66M.

49. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 15:33 nin

Yep, good stuff. With the exception of "live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary". I would expect most of the money collected to "enhance the game".

The project looks great, and I'm proud of gamers who stepped up. Like with Double Fine, nothing would have been worse than people saying "I don't know why they don't make games like that anymore" and then no one pledges. But we came through in spades (even eclipsing DF, which I would not have imagined). Fucking awesome. It's a good day to be a gamer!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

48. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 15:29 John

They listened to ya nin! See Update #26!  

47. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 14:17 Mr. Tact

Ha! After posting that I saw one free up, it was there for about 3 minutes. All gone again. Stunned  

46. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 14:14 John

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 14:11:
Only 30 slots, already all taken.
Seriously?! That's just crazy man..

45. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 14:11 Mr. Tact

John wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 14:02:
There you go nin! The $350 tier is perfect for ya!
Only 30 slots, already all taken.

44. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 14:08 nin

John wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 14:02:
nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 13:51:
check your emails!

If they had a tier with a new intel chip instead and if I hadn't just got a new CPU I would jump on it but I'll have to pass on it. I wonder if anyone will get the additional $5000 tiers..

"CAP'N! THE WALLAT! SHE CANNA TAKE ENYMORE!!!!"

43. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 14:02 John

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 13:51:
check your emails!

If they had a tier with a new intel chip instead and if I hadn't just got a new CPU I would jump on it but I'll have to pass on it. I wonder if anyone will get the additional $5000 tiers..

42. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 13:51 nin

check your emails!

41. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 13:45 John

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 13:39:
Fergus (spelling approx) posted they were doing some interview, but that was hours ago...there were more than a couple of people, myself included, who said on their FB page "no more stretch goals, we want you to concentrate on what's already been promised", but I admit I'm surprised they've not posted anything.
Yeah, I think they should do that too. It looks like they're getting ready to add a new tier or new tier item though because there's an AMD bag down in the list of tier items now. I'm sure they're getting ready to send an update anytime now..

40. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 13:44 ASeven

Now the important question has to be asked with the unbelievable success of this:

How many big dev houses will now shed their middle man/publisher and go at it alone on Kickstarter or other similar sites to pitch their ideas and make the games the way they want?

The door is now open and I personally feel this is the biggest threat to the existence of publishers that publishers have faced. Why would a big dev house be limited in its creativity and suffer a brutal work environment when they can go at it alone, free of any constraints and free to work as they please and where their creativity leads?

The door has now been opened for a revolution within the game industry.

39. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 13:39 nin

John wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 13:16:
Hmm, I wonder where Update #25 is at. They hit $3.5mil a few hours ago so they should have something to say about that.. especially since they mentioned adding another tier this morning.

Fergus (spelling approx) posted they were doing some interview, but that was hours ago...there were more than a couple of people, myself included, who said on their FB page "no more stretch goals, we want you to concentrate on what's already been promised", but I admit I'm surprised they've not posted anything.

38. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 13:24 ASeven

Almost 69K backers and almost $3.6M with only 7 hours to go.  

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo