Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Greenlights 21 More Games

Valve announces that 21 titles are slated to be made available on Steam after being approved in by their Greenlight program. Word is: "This second wave of titles was originally targeted to include at least 10 titles. Given the number and quality of games submitted, and the ship date of many of the top-ranking titles, the decision was made to increase the size of this group." Here's the list of games that will be added, which in some cases will have to wait for the completion of development:

Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition
AirBuccaneers
Blockscape
Contrast
Fly'n
Folk Tale
Forge
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Project Giana)
Gnomoria
Interstellar Marines
Lost Story: The Last Days of Earth
Miasmata
Miner Wars 2081
NEOTOKYO
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Perpetuum
POSTAL 2 COMPLETE
Secrets of Grindea
The Intruder
The Stanley Parable: HD Remix
Yogventures!

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 16, 2012, 10:37 mch

I also voted for Secrets of Grindea. It reminded me of the old SNES days, and if they can pull of 4 person co-op it could be pretty cool. I'll be keeping an eye on that one to release.  
PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 16, 2012, 09:16 theyarecomingforyou

Prez wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 22:27:
I wish people would realize I don't buy every game on Steam. I would NOT own Snuggle Truck right now if Creston the smartass hadn't bought it for me. ;)
That's nothing. For some reason I own Secret Of The Magic Crystals - a game about petting horses and unicorns. It must have been in some bundle or other because my brother owns it as well and neither of us had even heard of it before.

Jerykk wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 23:09:
I don't really see the point of downvoting games. How does their presence on Steam hurt you? You don't have to play them. By downvoting, you're just reducing the chances of those games being available to those that actually do want to play them.
Firstly, downvoting games removes them from your queue - that's necessary if you want to vote for every game on Greenlight (as I have done). Secondly, if I have no interest in buying a game then of course I'm going to downvote it. Thirdly, a downvote doesn't count against a product. However, I'll upvote games I have no intention of buying if I consider them to be quality products. As for the harm, I consider crappy games to be detrimental to the Steam platform and I don't want crappy indie games appearing alongside games I'm actually interested in.

Steam should have a quality threshold to prevent damage to the brand - that applies to big publishers as well. The Iron Man game - which scores a whopping 32 on Metacritic - used to be available on Steam but was removed, no doubt because so many users were having problems with it. That said, I'm all for Steam supporting indie games via a sub-store - I'm all for choice, I just don't want to see a thousand shitty indie games I have no intention of playing cluttering up the Steam store when I'm more interested in games like Dishonored or Borderlands 2. Unlike traditional titles an indie store would benefit from a high level of user involvement, so you could have users voting for which titles appear on the front page or which go on sale next.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

18. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 16, 2012, 01:08 Prez

KTR wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 00:49:
Prez wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 21:42:
Miner Wars looks exciting, but it's an MMO, so not for me.

Miner Wars 2081 is not the MMO, that is another project coming after 2081's release.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. Well, maybe it is for me then!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 16, 2012, 00:49 KTR

Miner Wars looks exciting, but it's an MMO, so not for me.

Miner Wars 2081 is not the MMO, that is another project coming after 2081's release.

16. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 16, 2012, 00:32 Prez

Jerykk wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 23:09:
I am all for supporting indies but I find myself clicking on the "No thanks/Not interested" box for the lion's share of these. Indie or not, I feel that a game needs to look special and exciting, otherwise what's the point? It may be a bias, but I pass on almost all 2D platformers. It's time for indies to step up their game I think. Miner Wars looks exciting, but it's an MMO, so not for me.

I don't really see the point of downvoting games. How does their presence on Steam hurt you? You don't have to play them. By downvoting, you're just reducing the chances of those games being available to those that actually do want to play them.

Is it really a down vote though? All I am doing is saying I'm not interested - it's not hurting their chances of getting on Steam any more than if I didn't vote at all is it?

I am not going to vote for a game just out of charity for indie developers, especially when the game I am voting "Not interested" in is clearly a lifeless, soulless, me-to hack. Do we really need more of those? I am just voting the way Steam is asking me to - their "thumbs up" vote is prefaced by the line "Is this a game you would buy on Steam?" If it isn't, my vote reflects that. What am I doing wrong here?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 16, 2012, 00:06 Mordecai Walfish

I am all for supporting indies but I find myself clicking on the "No thanks/Not interested" box for the lion's share of these. Indie or not, I feel that a game needs to look special and exciting, otherwise what's the point? It may be a bias, but I pass on almost all 2D platformers. It's time for indies to step up their game I think. Miner Wars looks exciting, but it's an MMO, so not for me.

Agreed. Your vote is there for a reason, and it's not the behalf of random communities trying to get their favorite on Steam (unless perhaps you are part of one of them). It's pretty simple really.. just vote for stuff that you might buy if it was on steam ^_^

I voted for "Secret of Grindea" the first time around too, just because it looks like a fun clone of Secret of Mana with internet multiplayer. Might be complete shit but I would give it a try.. glad it made the 2nd round.

14. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 23:09 Jerykk

13. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 22:27 Prez

Alamar wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 21:50:

Is having to buy every title on Steam getting to you with all these new submissions? : )

-Alamar

I wish people would realize I don't buy every game on Steam. I would NOT own Snuggle Truck right now if Creston the smartass hadn't bought it for me.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 22:10 Acleacius

Voted for Venetica and Frayed Knights, guess they were from a previous list I missed.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 21:50 Alamar

Is having to buy every title on Steam getting to you with all these new submissions? : )

-Alamar

10. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 21:42 Prez

- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 21:37 theyarecomingforyou

I was excited when Greenlight was first announced, particularly after seeing some excellent concepts - The Stanley Parable, Black Mesa, Slingshot Racing and Flowstorm look great. Unfortunately most of the games that get approved look beyond terrible and I think they weaken the Steam brand. They really need to separate them from the main store, just as they need to do with apps - at the very minimum they need a filter option, like they do with downloadable content.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

8. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 20:31 Zanderat1

Underwhelming list, to say the least......................  

7. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 18:32 deqer

RyGiL wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 18:24:
deqer wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 18:04:
Postal 2 was released a long time ago. Why would I click something that says "Postal 2 complete"

At the least, shouldn't it say "Postal 3" ?

Postal 2 Complete is a compilation containing Postal 2: Share The Pain and its expansion Apocalypse Weekend which can be bought from GOG.com. This green light campaign, from the page on Steam, is about adding the game to Steam (steam achievements, steam workshop, etc.). I guess the name shows up like that in order to indicate is not just the base game being added to Steam... it is the entire compilation.

I see, that makes sense.

In that case, they should've called it "Postal 2: Platinum Collection" or something.

6. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 18:24 RyGiL

deqer wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 18:04:
Postal 2 was released a long time ago. Why would I click something that says "Postal 2 complete"

Postal 2 Complete is a compilation containing Postal 2: Share The Pain and its expansion Apocalypse Weekend which can be bought from GOG.com. This green light campaign, from the page on Steam, is about adding the game to Steam (steam achievements, steam workshop, etc.). I guess the name shows up like that in order to indicate is not just the base game being added to Steam... it is the entire compilation.

5. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 18:04 deqer

4. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 17:38 Gipson

POSTAL 2 COMPLETE
?

3. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 17:36 Kobalt

wat neotokyo? The mod that no one plays because it hasn't gotten a update in 2 years? The mod's page doesn't even have mention of greenlight. I guess it was voted in the hopes it will get a update finally. Shame if it doesn't too, game was too fun.

At least even for a short while people will play it again. Time to reinstall~

2. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 17:02 nin

Yeah, I voted for Stanley Parable and Miner Wars 2081, so good news indeed.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 17:00 John

Nice! I voted for a couple of those including Contrast which looks pretty cool and unique.  
This space is available for rent

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo