Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached

A new Kickstarter update for Project Eternity features a Q&A where Obsidian Entertainment responds to community questions about their upcoming RPG. Word is: "This week's Q&A is a little different. I spent some time reading the questions that people were asking in various Project Eternity forums, including our Kickstarter comments, our Project Eternity Facebook page, the RPG Codex forums, the reddit Project Eternity group, and our own Obsidian forums. I have picked five questions to answer, one from each of these forums, and I have answered them below. For each question, I have included the forum poster who asked it, along with his original question text." As for the game's fundraising, with 50+ hours to go, they announce they have surpassed the $3 million mark, which triggers their finals stretch goal, and the game will include Strongholds, which will take the concept of player housing to the next level. Thanks nin.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 22:41 John

Ceribaen wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 22:24:
How do the 'addons' work?
You just add an extra 20 dollars and hope that you get the addon you want somehow?

Doesn't really seem to be a wait for it to be supported through KS unless I'm missing something.
It's easy. Just go to "Manage Pledge" and 'add' the amount for the addon to the tier you selected. They have some examples. Lets say you're at the $140 tier and you want to add the $20 expansion. Just use "Manage Pledge" and change the total to $160. Then later after the KS is over, they will email you asking what addons you want with the tier you selected. Just be sure to have the correct total.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 22:24 Ceribaen

How do the 'addons' work?
You just add an extra 20 dollars and hope that you get the addon you want somehow?

Doesn't really seem to be a wait for it to be supported through KS unless I'm missing something.

46. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 15:27 nin

Cram wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 15:26:
Well there goes another $20.

Yep, $225. Fuuuuuck...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

45. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 15:26 Cram

Well there goes another $20.  

44. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 15:20 nin

Soundtrack cd! YEAH BABY!

43. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 15:08 John

They only need about 800 more backers and we'll get another dungeon level!

I think they should release another screenshot or two as well. On the 11th when they released that first one, the number of backers more than doubled from the day before.

42. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 15:03 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 14:24:
We need your help to reach $3.5m, nin! Don't let us down now! Devil

Yeah, come on, nin! At 10K you get to visit with Obsidian!

Creston

41. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 14:24 Mr. Tact

We need your help to reach $3.5m, nin! Don't let us down now! Devil  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

40. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 14:20 nin

<covers ears> <LA LA LA, BROKE, LA LA LA LA>

Q+A right now

39. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 14:09 Mr. Tact

Hey nin, only 10 of the 30 new $750 Tier slots are left. Better hurry!  

38. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 11:37 nin

3.2! gogogo!

37. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 10:55 John

Don't y'all worry.. it'll "Kick" up! It's already near 1000 new backers just this morning and closing in on $3.2mil.  

36. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 10:32 nin

Getting $3.5m is going to be close unless it kicks up again today or tomorrow.

I'm thinking the same thing. It's not impossible, but it needs a kick in the pants any time now.

Either way, it's still been a fantastic success. And I wonder, if we don't make 3.5, if the second city is just folded into the expansion. I'd be fine with that.

35. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 10:22 Mr. Tact

Well, on the 11th thru the 14th they got $545,107, an average of $136k. Double that for today and tomorrow and you get just over $3.3m, add the Paypal and you are over $3.4m. Getting $3.5m is going to be close unless it kicks up again today or tomorrow.  

34. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 07:52 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 23:01:
"There's no demand for classic isometric RPG's"

Bwhwhaha...

Sadly, these numbers won't even make any of the big publishers blink. 65,000 people and 3.5 million bucks is loose change in the couch for them...

Now if it also sells very well after it comes out, they might take notice.

Anyway, fuck the "wisdom" of publishers. I'm glad I can get games funded this way.

Creston

33. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 01:01 eRe4s3r

Well, it is no surprise that fans of Old School RPG's, and I truly mean Icewind Dale, Baldurs Gate, Torment with that, have a bit more money to give around

Paypal Stats: $87,7K
Current level: $3,130,612
With Paypal $3,218,312

So we are only short 280k to the 3.5m goal post. I think that is more than doable. And I already said before, Kickstarter sells hope. The best doing projects are those with a vision you can subscribe to. And if someone sells me a Infinity Era RPG... done modern, in a new IP? I am so sold on that hope.

32. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 00:28 Bet

Having the content of of both of the large cities from BG1 and 2 in the same game would give this game an average playtime of 120 hours as a rough guess.

Makes me wonder what they'd do with the $20 expansion addon you can tag on already. If they hit 3.5, would they add a third city in the expansion? A second continent? Hot damn.

31. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 00:23 Dev

I'm glad they are doing a documentary. I'm also impressed that they aren't going to use KS funds to do so.

If they are smart, after its all done, they will allow people to upgrade and pre-order, and continue by running off-kickstarter stretch goals.

30. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 00:06 Optional Nickname!

If you please, I would hope the MegaDungeon will have the same degree of relevance and revelation to Project: Eternity as did the Modron Maze in Planescape: Torment.

Give meaning to the Dungeons existence! Alongside the obvious loot drops let the discovery of rooms and passageways lead to interesting revelations about the game's lore and previous visitors to the dungeon levels and its current inhabitants. Make the connection to the upper world surprising and unexpected! (Specific comparisons left out as to not spoil even one small bit of the Modron Maze.)

Above all, keep the wit and banter!

29. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 23:25 John

nin wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 23:08:
62.5 - that gets us a 9th floor, right?

And yeah, this is unbelievable...unbelievably awesome!

Oh yeah, no doubt it'll reach $3.5 mil. I'm guessing we'll get at least 11 dungeon levels as well.

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo