Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached

A new Kickstarter update for Project Eternity features a Q&A where Obsidian Entertainment responds to community questions about their upcoming RPG. Word is: "This week's Q&A is a little different. I spent some time reading the questions that people were asking in various Project Eternity forums, including our Kickstarter comments, our Project Eternity Facebook page, the RPG Codex forums, the reddit Project Eternity group, and our own Obsidian forums. I have picked five questions to answer, one from each of these forums, and I have answered them below. For each question, I have included the forum poster who asked it, along with his original question text." As for the game's fundraising, with 50+ hours to go, they announce they have surpassed the $3 million mark, which triggers their finals stretch goal, and the game will include Strongholds, which will take the concept of player housing to the next level. Thanks nin.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

8. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 19:23 Yakubs

This game has great potential. Looking forward.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 18:50 nin

EDIT: OMG they just announced they're doing a documentary. YES! I am loving the DFA documentary so far, to the point that even if the game turns out to suck (and there is no reason to believe it will), I'll have had 18 months of awesome entertainment leading up to it. If the PE doc is only half as good this will be fun.

I was hoping for this one as well, but assumed it wasn't happening. And it's on blu in the $140, which I already pledged! Fucking awesome!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 18:47 Silicon Avatar

Soo... If they have 62000 backers and you get another dungeon level every 2500, they've already committed to making a 25 level dungeon - right? Did I do that math wrong?

I mean, damn. A 25 level dungeon is a game by itself. How are they ever going to do this?

5. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 18:10 Sho

Keep in mind they already have ~80k via PayPal AFAIR, so while they'll be cutting it close for sure, I think 3.5 mio is within reach. Would be awesome to tie it up that neatly, plus I LOVE big cities in RPGs and it would definitely increase my excitement over the game.

I am pondering getting the $20 audiobook add-on though it's definitely steep for an audiobook of a novella ...

EDIT: OMG they just announced they're doing a documentary. YES! I am loving the DFA documentary so far, to the point that even if the game turns out to suck (and there is no reason to believe it will), I'll have had 18 months of awesome entertainment leading up to it. If the PE doc is only half as good this will be fun.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 18:41.

4. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 17:48 Beelzebud

First Wasteland 2, and now this! Glad to see the gaming community show support for two teams who really deserve it.  

3. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 17:45 Jerykk

2 days to get another $500k. I think they can do it.  

2. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 15:14 nin

Hopefully the fact that they're throwing in a cookbook means they've reached the last of the add-on ideas. Which is good, as my wallet is already going to be forcibly violated when this KS ends.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 14:56 xXBatmanXx

wow!  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo