Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached

A new Kickstarter update for Project Eternity features a Q&A where Obsidian Entertainment responds to community questions about their upcoming RPG. Word is: "This week's Q&A is a little different. I spent some time reading the questions that people were asking in various Project Eternity forums, including our Kickstarter comments, our Project Eternity Facebook page, the RPG Codex forums, the reddit Project Eternity group, and our own Obsidian forums. I have picked five questions to answer, one from each of these forums, and I have answered them below. For each question, I have included the forum poster who asked it, along with his original question text." As for the game's fundraising, with 50+ hours to go, they announce they have surpassed the $3 million mark, which triggers their finals stretch goal, and the game will include Strongholds, which will take the concept of player housing to the next level. Thanks nin.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

28. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 23:08 nin

62.5 - that gets us a 9th floor, right?

And yeah, this is unbelievable...unbelievably awesome!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 23:02 Mr. Tact

140 people at the $1,000 level...
17 above that...

Crazy!

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

26. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 23:01 Mashiki Amiketo

"There's no demand for classic isometric RPG's"

Bwhwhaha...

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

25. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 14, 2012, 22:55 HorrorScope

Wondering how you guys compare P.E. vs Divinity Original Sin?  

24. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 22:45 Cram

This is insane.  

23. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 22:28 jacobvandy

Playing cards!? Bah... still hoping for a cloth map add-on.  

22. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 22:22 nin

So checking back, PE has passed Shadowrun Returns (1.8M), Wasteland 2 (2.9M), and is a little over 200K from breaking Double Fine's record of (3.36M). And there's still 46 hours.

21. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 21:46 ASeven

Also, 90 more backers until the next level on the dungeon.  

20. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 21:35 ASeven

$3.1M hit.  

19. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 21:32 nin

I will cave by tomorrow and just add-on the Expansion.

I know that feeling - I said the same thing earlier this week!

18. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 21:22 Paranoid Jack

Thanks nin, I was just thinking they would/should have thought of that and went looking for it. Just not sure I want to sink another $20 at this point. Overtime has been scarce and the checks have been a lot smaller than normal. I'm thinking I will cave by tomorrow and just add-on the Expansion.

Besides its like being part of history in the making and a huge thank you to the people that made several of my favorite games of all time.

17. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 21:17 nin

Wishing they had a pledge add-on for the 1st Expansion...

Add $20 to your pledge. That's what I did - took the $140, added the expansion ($20), the audiobook ($20) and an Obsidian shirt ($25).

You pick the package you want, and then add the extras amount to your pledge, and then they send an email later, asking what you wanted the extra money to go towards.

See here

16. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 21:11 Paranoid Jack

Don't look now but they are closing in on 3.1M with 47 hours left to go. Not counting the PayPal contributors.

I didn't think I would ever pay this much for a Collector's Edition but damn, look at the list of goodies. I'm in for the $140. Wishing they had a pledge add-on for the 1st Expansion...

edit: Oops they past $3.1M already.

15. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 21:05 nin

I'm glad I don't really care much for the final stretch goal. Much cheaper that way

When Shadowrun put physical adepts in at 1.75 mill, I immediately upped by 30 bucks...

SR was the second most expensive one for me, @$125. This ones breaking the bank...

14. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 21:03 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 20:48:
Zanderat1 wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 20:30:
This also means that they reached their $2.8 million goal of adding George Ziets. That was THE one goal that I was hoping that they would reach!

And the 3 million stronghold!

Almost to 3.1...not counting paypal, if they can average 8.5K an hour for the next 48 hours, they'll make 3.5.

Wallet's open, folks! Give til it hurts! And then a little more!

I'm glad I don't really care much for the final stretch goal. Much cheaper that way

When Shadowrun put physical adepts in at 1.75 mill, I immediately upped by 30 bucks...

Creston

13. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 20:48 nin

Zanderat1 wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 20:30:
This also means that they reached their $2.8 million goal of adding George Ziets. That was THE one goal that I was hoping that they would reach!

And the 3 million stronghold!

Almost to 3.1...not counting paypal, if they can average 8.5K an hour for the next 48 hours, they'll make 3.5.

Wallet's open, folks! Give til it hurts! And then a little more!

12. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 20:35 Acleacius

Too bad they don't allow a payment plan over the course of a year, as nonprofits such as NPR. Even if someone didn't make their full pledge, Obsidian could just set them in the closest tier based on how much they did pay. Then all the ones that do meet their pledge, it's all gravy. They could double if not triple their intake funding.

Or they could let new people donate as contributors before release. Since so many will start hearing and seeing more about the game as time goes on.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 20:30 Zanderat1

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 20:38.

10. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 19:49 Creston

Silicon Avatar wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 18:47:
Soo... If they have 62000 backers and you get another dungeon level every 2500, they've already committed to making a 25 level dungeon - right? Did I do that math wrong?

I mean, damn. A 25 level dungeon is a game by itself. How are they ever going to do this?

It didn't start counting at 0 backers. They started it somewhere around 50K.

The last I heard was 7 levels and counting.

From Obsidian: We are currently at eight levels for Mega Dungeon, with 9 seemingly in reach (triggers at 62.5k backers). I expect we could get 10 levels if our current rates continue.

Creston

9. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 19:33 ASeven

Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, The DF Adventure, Dead State, Grim Dawn, and this one. Most of them are supposed to be out next year. I predict that on late 2013, when these projects start to come out, a new golden age of gaming may occur. Damn, can't wait.  

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo