Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer

The Metro: Last Light Website has an update on multiplayer support in the upcoming shooter sequel, or more accurately the lack of multiplayer support, as THQ explains this feature is being dropped from the game so they can focus their full efforts on the single-player campaign. They note that they've gone through a bunch of multiplayer prototypes, but note that the response to the game's E3 demo convinced them that this is the direction they should take. They also admit that "a lot of interest and intrigue" surrounds multiplayer support for the game, and they could potentially revisit this as a separate project after the game ships (especially since they "don’t like throwing away work"), but for now they are "100% focused on the single player campaign and not thinking beyond that." Thanks Joystiq.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 15, 2012, 10:25 Beamer

Glykon wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 13:59:
WTFS I'm not trolling Im serious wtfs anyone would wanna pay 50 bucks for 30 hours of bad story in this century is beyond my imagination. I play games since ZX80 and I never played a single player game in more than 12 years, since Meridian 59 and then EQ1. Single player only games is for noob or small or bankrupt companies
If there still is a market for such games its just that there are unfortunately ppl who cant play mp games or they dunno abt any real good ones. Its like mighty Skyrim, there are soo many mmorpgs soo much better and even with much better graphics than that and ofc with huuge content and huge world.

Oh, thanks to the previous post for having me read this.
Especially fun is "$50 for 30 hours." Man, I've paid $60 for 12 and been happy!

Game of the year for me, hands down, is FTL. Followed by OMD2. One is solely SP, one I only played SP, both of which were amazing. Games tend to be more fun MP, but that just means that a bad game (MW3) becomes a good game. At best. It doesn't turn a bad game to a great game, and lacking MP doesn't make a great game a bad game.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 15, 2012, 10:16 nin

<stumbles into thread, reads Glykons posts>

wow...how do these people find us?

<stumbles out>

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

37. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 15, 2012, 10:13 Beamer

007Bistromath wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 22:26:
Best news I've heard all year. Since when does THQ make sound decisions?

New CEO.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

36. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 15, 2012, 10:12 Shineyguy

WTFS I'm not trolling Im serious wtfs anyone would wanna pay 50 bucks for 30 hours of bad story in this century is beyond my imagination. I play games since ZX80 and I never played a single player game in more than 12 years, since Meridian 59 and then EQ1. Single player only games is for noob or small or bankrupt companies
If there still is a market for such games its just that there are unfortunately ppl who cant play mp games or they dunno abt any real good ones. Its like mighty Skyrim, there are soo many mmorpgs soo much better and even with much better graphics than that and ofc with huuge content and huge world.

I see you mention Skyrim. Funny you have that in your comment considering you were saying that it's stupid to have SP only games.

Skyrim, the game that was at the top of the Steam sales charts month after month, and has sold 10mil copies plus since release (last verified 7/31/2012. The game sold 3.5mil copies the first 48 hours, and went on to sell 7mil in the first week. I'd say that's a lot of people (and developers) that don't agree with your "feelings".

35. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 15, 2012, 06:20 Elim

I don't think this game needs multiplayer, just for the sake of multiplayer.
If you can save money and do a better single-player campaign, so be it.

It's not like Battlefield, where every cent spent on sp-content is a waste of time/money.

34. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 22:51 netnerd85

Single player only games is for noob or small or bankrupt companies
lol, No, just because you like MP games does not mean that every else does... it's called difference of opinion.

33. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 21:00 Acleacius

Too bad, it looks like even Irrational got forced into multiplayer by 2k. ea did it to ME3, now bookies are taking odds on DA3 multiplayer.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

32. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 14, 2012, 17:16 HorrorScope

Well then you refuse to notice that there have been many SP games that have made millionz. Why do you deny fact? You seem a bit like a megalomaniac. The thing I would have with a SP only $60 game if its play time is under 10 hours and very linear.

31. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 14, 2012, 17:14 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 11:33:
My opinion has always been releasing decent mod tools with a single player game gives the game WAY more legs than a tacked-on multiplayer mode ever could. I mean really, how many times does Bethesda have to prove this with its RPG's? Then there's the seminal Half-Life 2 and its incredible Source engine.

Are they releasing decent mod tools?

30. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 13:59 Glykon

29. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 11:33 Prez

My opinion has always been releasing decent mod tools with a single player game gives the game WAY more legs than a tacked-on multiplayer mode ever could. I mean really, how many times does Bethesda have to prove this with its RPG's? Then there's the seminal Half-Life 2 and its incredible Source engine.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 10:22 z3razerviper

it was not interested in this game at all and now I am multi player gets way too much focus glad to see some developers doing just single player. I'm still pissed about the latest God of War having multiplayer  

27. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 09:55 Marvin T. Martian

Icewind wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 08:52:
Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 00:38:
netnerd85 wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 22:34:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 15:39:
GOOD. Not every game needs multiplayer. Fuck EA for pushing that load of bollocks...
EA have NOTHING to do with Metro. Get it right! it's THQ.

No, he's saying that it's EAs fault because they were the ones who started the whole 'Every game must have multiplayer' BS when no one ever wanted it.

This is mainly why I hate the internet. The fact that you have to explain things to these drooling teenage nitwits is depressing.

Either a lot of inbreeding is going on or gaming is attracting the lowest common denominator.

So true!

26. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 09:54 Marvin T. Martian

Glykon wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 00:40:
Playing singleplayer games its like masturbating and if I take into consideration also the crap with "story driven" thats only like life on rails in prison I refuse to do that since more than 10 years already
Troll!!

And great decision--more should do the same, putting the energy into great SP play and content instead.

25. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 08:52 Icewind

Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 00:38:
GOOD. Not every game needs multiplayer. Fuck EA for pushing that load of bollocks...

No, he's saying that it's EAs fault because they were the ones who started the whole 'Every game must have multiplayer' BS when no one ever wanted it.

This is mainly why I hate the internet. The fact that you have to explain things to these drooling teenage nitwits is depressing.

Either a lot of inbreeding is going on or gaming is attracting the lowest common denominator.

24. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 07:28 ASeven

Great decision, makes me even more interested in this now.  

23. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 04:21 Acleacius

He's referring to games like ME3.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

22. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 04:10 El Pit

Glykon wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 00:40:
Playing singleplayer games its like masturbating and if I take into consideration also the crap with "story driven" thats only like life on rails in prison I refuse to do that since more than 10 years already

The title of your second post should be "Troll Harder".

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

21. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 00:40 Glykon

20. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 00:38 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo