Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Chaos on Deponia Trailer

This teaser trailer offers a look at Chaos on Deponia , Daedalic's upcoming adventure game sequel. The video is all of 30 seconds, so this description is almost as long as the clip: "Rufus, the main character, is as lovely as his home Deponia. Odd and cantankerous, he lives in the most remote part of the worldwide junkyard and works on his plans to escape to the hovering city of Elysium. After countless failed attempts, he succeeds – nearly, at least. As a result, he falls from the sky and lands back in his hometown together with the mysterious girl, Goal. For Rufus, she is mainly a good reason to escape once again, and so he begins to plan her way back. Obviously, Rufus' bad luck seems to be infectious and, in the sequel, "Chaos on Deponia", both end at the point where it all began. Before they can start another attempt to escape, Goal's consciousness needs to be restored. On top of all that, they have to save Deponia from threatening chaos. 'Chaos on Deponia' will be available on November 6, 2012 on Steam for PC and Mac."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Chaos on Deponia Trailer Oct 15, 2012, 03:43 eRe4s3r

They might still get the curve if he reforms in episode 2....  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Chaos on Deponia Trailer Oct 14, 2012, 23:58 Sepharo

yuastnav wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 05:37:
I bought it and never finished it, mostly because I agree with the RockPaperShotgun review on this one in the sense that the puzzles don't make any sense. Instead of having fun I was frustrated most of the time and eventually just used a walkthrough because many of the puzzles were just stupid and weird. :/

The main character is really annoying and that not in a charming way.

I don't remember the puzzles not making any sense but that's also a charge that LucasArts got all the time. But you're right about the main character... he's absurdly annoying, but I'm pretty sure that's the point.

3. Re: Chaos on Deponia Trailer Oct 14, 2012, 05:37 yuastnav

I bought it and never finished it, mostly because I agree with the RockPaperShotgun review on this one in the sense that the puzzles don't make any sense. Instead of having fun I was frustrated most of the time and eventually just used a walkthrough because many of the puzzles were just stupid and weird. :/

The main character is really annoying and that not in a charming way.

2. Re: Chaos on Deponia Trailer Oct 13, 2012, 21:11 Sepharo

I actually really liked the first one. It was a bit short but it's also the first Adventure game I've finished in a long time, other than TellTale episodes. According to Steam it took me 9 hours, but I'm sure a normal pace is probably 7 or so.

The developer description on the Steam page shamelessly begins, "Daedalic Entertainment, once called “Lucasarts from Germany“ [...]"

I must ashamedly admit that I bought it on that line alone but I wasn't disappointed.

1. Re: Chaos on Deponia Trailer Oct 13, 2012, 19:33 Cutter

Derponia.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo