Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Get a Free Origin Game?

A post on Slickdeals.net describes how to get a $20 credit from EA's Origin service that can be used to make a $19.99 purchase essentially free. Apparently the credit is offered for the completion of a simple survey. Thanks Siliconera.

View
79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

19. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 17:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 16:47:
Man lot of people are gonna get free games, wonder who's gonna get canned over this one. Now, since they gave the code away and people used it. Think they'll try to revoke people who got their game via this method now? That could cause a real shit storm.

For free digital copies? Somebody somewhere is getting a promotion, if not a few turns at the blowjob machine as well. For the cost of bandwidth they are getting potentially millions of people to get suckered in to Origin. Now those people might never use Origin again, but of course they MIGHT go back and buy some games in the future...

This is a classic marketing strategy. The only free games are arguably the poor performing games, etc.

*EDIT* Typo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 17:21 killer_roach

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 16:51:
killer_roach wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 16:44:
I was hoping to apply it to the C&C Ultimate Collection, but it doesn't work for that. Oh well. (Not sure what else they have that I'd actually consider worth snagging... maybe FIFA 12?)
I was trying to get Fear3 but it doesn't work for that either. I have 0 interest in Dragon Age, and I've played Bulletstorm on the console already. Kind of annoying game but I might grab that since not much else there is that I do not own already or I am even remotely interested in.

Yeah, that's where I was at - I've been pretty good at snagging sales from various places to have populated my Origin account on the cheap. Most everything left I have precious little interest in, if that.

17. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 16:51 SpectralMeat

killer_roach wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 16:44:
I was hoping to apply it to the C&C Ultimate Collection, but it doesn't work for that. Oh well. (Not sure what else they have that I'd actually consider worth snagging... maybe FIFA 12?)
I was trying to get Fear3 but it doesn't work for that either. I have 0 interest in Dragon Age, and I've played Bulletstorm on the console already. Kind of annoying game but I might grab that since not much else there is that I do not own already or I am even remotely interested in.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2012, 16:58.

Steam: SpectralMeat

16. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 16:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Man lot of people are gonna get free games, wonder who's gonna get canned over this one. Now, since they gave the code away and people used it. Think they'll try to revoke people who got their game via this method now? That could cause a real shit storm.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 16:44 killer_roach

14. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 16:30 Creston

I'd use it to get the new ME DLC for free, but somehow I doubt that'd work.

Creston

13. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 16:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Well I knew if I waited long enough, I'd get EA to give me DA2 for nothing. HAHAHA!  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 16:18 Jivaro

I stopped playing Bulletstorm after 4 missions. Everything about it just seemed annoying. The story of some drunk soldier who apparently can't use a word in the English language without cussing first appears to be funny for the first 10 minutes or so...but when you are in the middle of playing and actually trying to figure out what to do next and can't because every other word is "cocksucker" and "fucking"...it gets a bit tired. Maybe I am not "bro" enough for it. It had some interesting mechanics, but wait for the next time it goes for 5 bucks on Steam if you are that curious.

Let's put it this way...if I had to choose between getting DNF or Bulletstorm for free...I think I might settle on paying full price for Homefront. Seriously.

11. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 16:16 jdreyer

Goddamn Origin is so fcking slow. 30s page refreshes. Trying the code now...

EDIT: ARRRRRGH! Origin sucks balls.

EDIT2: Finally! It took forever, but I got back to Karkand free! That was pretty sweet.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2012, 16:32.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 16:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 15:54:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 15:51:
hrm, could be time to get Armored Kill for 0 dollars. Sigh, just when I was about to be able to uninstall BF3. (First World Problems)

only works on back to karkand but not the other ones according to someone in the SD thread

Yeah, I read the rest of that thread, and tried it anyway on the Origin site. Sure enough, it doesn't work for Armored Kill. Those devious EA Bastards.

How is Bulletstorm, for those that have actually played it? You can't even jump in that game, right?(Not that it's required for a game to be good, but...)

9. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 15:57 jacobvandy

That might have something to do with the BF3 expansions costing only $14.99, not $19.99. You have to meet the minimum amount for it to work. Though right now I'm having trouble getting it to apply toward a NFS: MW pre-order...  

8. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 15:54 DangerDog

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 15:51:
hrm, could be time to get Armored Kill for 0 dollars. Sigh, just when I was about to be able to uninstall BF3. (First World Problems)

only works on back to karkand but not the other ones according to someone in the SD thread

7. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 15:52 DangerDog

rats, it would be much nicer to have all the games in one account/login hah

looks like EA is going to have millions of more accounts registered to their service that they can boast about.

6. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 15:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

5. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 15:48 jacobvandy

Well I'm sure there are people making multiple accounts to get multiple free games. On SD they're saying it used to allow multiple free games per account, but it's since been fixed.  

4. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 15:46 DangerDog

It automatically ties the purchased game to your account that's linked to that email, you can't scarf down just key code(s) and put it in to your one main account.

I've never messed around with multiple accounts on one computer, works on Steam just fine but don't know how Origin handles it.

funny that they issued a generic code like that, someone screwed up.

3. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 15:45 Jivaro

Yep, still working as of 12:45 PDT. Same code as below. No survey required.  

2. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 15:41 jacobvandy

From what I'm seeing, you don't even need to do any survey. The $20-off coupon is universal, apparently: OS3874XVC  

1. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 15:40 Neutronbeam

Wow, did the survey last night and got BulletStorm for free, so yes it is real and a great deal.  

79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo