Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Get a Free Origin Game?

A post on Slickdeals.net describes how to get a $20 credit from EA's Origin service that can be used to make a $19.99 purchase essentially free. Apparently the credit is offered for the completion of a simple survey. Thanks Siliconera.

View
79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

59. Code is now dead. Oct 14, 2012, 04:41 hb3d

It looks like the code is now dead.

I hope everyone got what they wanted. I know I did. Even with the survey (only 6 short questions) it certainly beat grinding for coupons in that one Steam sale.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 05:17.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

58. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 14, 2012, 04:17 Dev

RailWizard wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 01:05:
I guess since EA can't be bothered to throw sales like Steam does we have to resort to this sort of wallhackery that this amounts to?

LoL I'll pass....
You could take the survey that EA thinks is worth the $20 credit if you do.

57. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 14, 2012, 03:46 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 19:13:
I just grabbed The Saboteur.

Dammit, I didn't even see that one. Well, I don't feel like making a brand new account just for that.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

56. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 14, 2012, 03:44 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 19:10:
Dev wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 18:02:
from SD, the list of games this has been confirmed on:

The only thing on there even worth anything to me is Burnout Paradise, and I was going to get it until I saw online advertising... ugh.

Anyone play Burnout Paradise?

Creston

It's good in a drive-around-and-screw-off kind of way. Nice game engine, lots of vehicles, lots of stuff to do (ride on the train tracks, jump through signs, tear through parking garages, spontaneous street races, etc.). When I first got it I played a couple of hours and got bored (but at $5 on Steam, I felt I got my money's worth). I showed it to my son one day a few months ago, and he loves it. So I end up playing with him sometimes. It's a good game for kids, for sure.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

55. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 14, 2012, 02:21 nin

NewMaxx wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 21:14:
Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 19:13:
I just grabbed The Saboteur.

Sweet, me too. Truly an underrated game. Nice to have it in my digital collection.

Thought about trying it, until I saw it had securom...then I checked syndicate, to find they still wanted full price for it. Then I just closed the window and moved on...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

54. Re: EA is no stranger to discounts. Oct 14, 2012, 02:10 hb3d

RailWizard wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 01:40:
I guess you missed the part "like Steam does"....you know, without all the extra bullshit.
There's no extra bullshit to buy an EA game on sale from Amazon or Gamersgate. With Amazon's one-click setup the purchase experience is actually easier than buying from Origin. And EA is the one which agrees to those sale prices. EA even runs similar sales on Steam for its games which are still on Steam.

53. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 14, 2012, 01:56 DangerDog

killer_roach wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 21:28:
Prez wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 19:53:
About the only game I'd be slightly interested in that I don't already own would be Syndicate, and I'm not seeing that on the list. EDIT: Never mind - they are still asking 60 frickin' bucks for Syndicate. Are they high?

Yeah... I got it from GamersGate a while back for $7.50 or $10, I think. Couldn't be bothered at much more than that.

Syndicate needs a patch very badly but due to it's extremely poor sales performance it never got one, there's only so much you can do with commands entered into the games console - and no way to adjust the FOV is just the beginning.

They put so much bloom and other visual crap into the post processing effects it really is game breaking. I wasted $15 on it so this free game deal almost cancels it out.

free just might be too expensive for this game because your time isn't.

52. Re: EA is no stranger to discounts. Oct 14, 2012, 01:40 RailWizard

hb3d wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 01:19:
I guess since EA can't be bothered to throw sales like Steam does
EA's games are on sale at huge discounts (75%+) frequently at third-party digital distributors like Amazon, Gamersgate, and Gamefly. However sales at Origin are typically 50% or 60% off, but are pretty frequent. Some are for the UK only and some are for US only, but I get emails about them regularly. You have to opt-in to EA's marketing to get them.

EA also gives away a free game or 60% off for surveys and for first-time Origin users like this one although I don't recall it ever being exploited like this.

I guess you missed the part "like Steam does"....you know, without all the extra bullshit. Fully naked and nothing to hide, here you go, take it or leave it.

Oh yeah, I guess EA has 'bots' all over the place....

51. EA is no stranger to discounts. Oct 14, 2012, 01:19 hb3d

I guess since EA can't be bothered to throw sales like Steam does
EA's games are on sale at huge discounts (75%+) frequently at third-party digital distributors like Amazon, Gamersgate, and Gamefly. However sales at Origin are typically 50% or 60% off, but are pretty frequent. Some are for the UK only and some are for US only, but I get emails about them regularly. You have to opt-in to EA's marketing to get them.

EA also gives away a free game or 60% off for surveys and for first-time Origin users like this one although I don't recall it ever being exploited like this.

50. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 14, 2012, 01:05 RailWizard

I guess since EA can't be bothered to throw sales like Steam does we have to resort to this sort of wallhackery that this amounts to?

LoL I'll pass....

49. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 14, 2012, 00:28 Jivaro

SM0k3 wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 23:21:
Got me a copy of 'Dragon Age: Origins', thanks for the heads-up!

Best game on their store IMO...if you haven't played it before you really scored getting that one for free. The sequel on the other hand....not so much. Not a terrible game, but nothing like nor near as good as Origins.

48. Can only be used once per account. Oct 14, 2012, 00:14 hb3d

Jerykk wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 23:29:
You can actually get 3 games for free (or at least you could earlier today).
EA has fixed that exploit. The code only works once per Origin account now.

47. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 23:59 Fantaz

EA fucked up pretty hard when they came up with this generic Survey promo code... it still works if you make multiple accounts.  

46. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 23:29 Jerykk

You can actually get 3 games for free (or at least you could earlier today). After you buy one using the Origin store via browser, you can log out, clear your cookies, add another game, apply the promo code, check out, log in and the total should still be $0. Then you can launch the Origin software and apply the code there again. Voila, 3 free games.

Assuming EA hasn't fixed the exploits yet. Of course, whether or not you find the exploits ethical is up to you.

Also, I highly recommend The Saboteur. One of my favorite open-world games and seriously underrated.

45. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 23:21 SM0k3

Got me a copy of 'Dragon Age: Origins', thanks for the heads-up!  

44. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 13, 2012, 23:17 HorrorScope

Guess those that hate origin find it ok when a freebie is given out. Whores! lol  

43. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 22:56 Creston

{PH}88fingers wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 21:02:
After putting in the code and getting the price to $0, they ask you to provide billing address, then after clicking submit get the following error:
Payment Authorization Failed

considering its zero and there is no area to provide CC info I am lost as to my next move!
guess no Saboteur for me =(

Are you outside the US? Maybe it's a US only thing...

Creston

42. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 22:55 Creston

If discounting prices by 75% cheapens your IP (which it does according the geniuses at EA) then what does a 100% discount do to it?

EA's collective: "Buh?"

Creston

41. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 22:44 Mordecai Walfish

Well thank you folks that worked a charm.  

40. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 21:28 killer_roach

About the only game I'd be slightly interested in that I don't already own would be Syndicate, and I'm not seeing that on the list. EDIT: Never mind - they are still asking 60 frickin' bucks for Syndicate. Are they high?

Yeah... I got it from GamersGate a while back for $7.50 or $10, I think. Couldn't be bothered at much more than that.

79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo