Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans

3Update #21 on the Kickstarter for Project Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment outlines their plans for the homestretch of this fundraiser, which has raised more than double its original goal. Planned activities include a couple of livestream events (including an all-day Icewind Dale II playthrough) and a reddit AMA session. Thanks nin.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 10:59 Bludd

blind.wombat wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 09:44:
Oooh, glad I saw this news, as I had meant to contribute earlier but forgot about it. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Just pledged $500. Allthumbsup
Rockin'

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 09:44 blind.wombat

Oooh, glad I saw this news, as I had meant to contribute earlier but forgot about it. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Just pledged $500. Allthumbsup

12. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 08:59 eRe4s3r

Planetary Annihilation is also still taking paypal... there are many others.  

11. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 08:49 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 23:00:
I'm not aware of any of these guys, who continue to take pre-orders or donations after the KS project ends, maintaining stretch goals or anything like that.
There's a couple. For instance as I recall the space venture one by the space quest guys. They are still doing paypal on their website with stretch goals still obtainable by the totals including paypal even if you do it now.

10. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 04:22 jimnms

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 23:00:
Anyhow, I upped my pledge last night from the $20 early bird to a $65 boxed copy in hopes that we reach that $3.5 mil figure. $3 mil is locked in, for sure, though, so even if they don't beat Double Fine, it's still gonna be awesome. I really would like them to make cloth maps available as add-ons, though... Wasteland 2 included a cloth map with the $50 box, doesn't seem fair for Obsidian to only include it with the $140 collector's edition.

If I up my pledge, I'll probably do the $35 one for the sound track and digital book. If they offered the cloth map with the $65 boxed version I'd have jumped on that already.

Steam Profile

9. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 03:55 eRe4s3r

Ah.. mhh, so little ;/ But then most people using Paypal would be non-english speaking. So the Kickstarter system is a kind of huge entry barrier  

8. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 03:33 jacobvandy

I saw them mention in the KS comments about an hour ago that they had $59k from PayPal so far.  

7. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 02:05 eRe4s3r

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity

Kicktraq says 3.5m is now on the radar, last time I saw a trend run like that it went straight up on the last day, so we might even get way beyond 3.5m , maybe there should be another stretch goal beyond 3.5m (3.6 / 3.7 / 3.8 (I think 3.8 is the real limit) because with Paypal we are now essentially guaranteed to be over 3.5m at the end. (Planetary Annihilation made 5% of their funding with paypal and I think this time it's going to be even more...)

6. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 01:52 NKD

I went in for $110 on this one. Need to support this kind of game.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

5. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 13, 2012, 00:51 eRe4s3r

I am behind this too, via paypal I hope we get to 3.5m, by all accounts it should be possible. And the screenshot of what art direction they want to go looks incredible.. now we'll see how they do water and moving parts in the landscape, but even if that is less awesome, the general art style is already great. It is simply a testament to the fact that 3d-engines are not good enough yet to replace pre-rendered and touched up 2D art. Not for isometric perspectives, anyway.

I mean, compare this to how Diablo 3 or TL2 look

4. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 12, 2012, 23:00 jacobvandy

Yeah but if you pledge DURING the Kickstarter, that's how you get the extra stuff! I'm not aware of any of these guys, who continue to take pre-orders or donations after the KS project ends, maintaining stretch goals or anything like that.

Anyhow, I upped my pledge last night from the $20 early bird to a $65 boxed copy in hopes that we reach that $3.5 mil figure. $3 mil is locked in, for sure, though, so even if they don't beat Double Fine, it's still gonna be awesome. I really would like them to make cloth maps available as add-ons, though... Wasteland 2 included a cloth map with the $50 box, doesn't seem fair for Obsidian to only include it with the $140 collector's edition.

3. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 12, 2012, 21:50 deqer

Jeez. I'm not in yet, but that picture of the "Mega Dungeon Progress - The Endless Paths" is so epic now. It was epic before, and now even mor epic, added 2 more floors, now with that huge head there. so cool. makes you wonder what that head is from; a huge statue? that's pretty deep. will be cool to see how far down they go.

its also giving me a nostalgia prince of persia 1 feeling, with the grid-like dungeons.

2. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 12, 2012, 21:46 jimnms

I finally decided to go ahead and get in this one. I had the page open reading the different pledge rewards, refreshed the page and a $20 spot opened up so I jumped on it. I might up my pledge before it's over though.

Jerykk wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 20:54:
It's looking like this will definitely beat Wasteland 2. It may even beat DFA.
You can still donate to Wasteland 2 on their store page if you missed out. Brian Fargo tweeted the other day that they had another $1000 backer through the store, so there's no telling what their total is counting post kickstarter funds. Also, for kickstarter backers, you can bump up your pledges at their Backer Store.

Steam Profile

1. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 12, 2012, 20:54 Jerykk

It's looking like this will definitely beat Wasteland 2. It may even beat DFA.  

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo