Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 15:51 Sepharo

Closed Betas wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 12:14:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 04:05:
Huh, that sounds pretty great then if there's little hassle. If I want some hardware that happens to be both at NewEgg and Best Buy I guess I can save on shipping and day of delivery time by driving over to Best Buy.

You still shop at NewEgg? not the same place anymore...
Amazon blows newegg away now with Prime, and I hate to say that because Amazon is helping put my company out of business.
You can get next day delivery even on a saturday from $3.99 weekday $8.99 saturday. and even same day delivery on some items.. yup same day

(edit certain areas, like LA, Chicago, etc)

Honestly hadn't occurred to me to use Amazon for building a new machine. This one is going on three years old so it's been a bit. However, I just tried it out and I'm going to stick with NewEgg. The prices were the same but I felt that NewEgg's site had a better user experience. I couldn't find how you do the multiple item stat comparisons on Amazon and that's one of my favorite features at NewEgg. Also for the time being NewEgg has the better review sections.

Although I mentioned shipping price/time when saying I might take BestBuy up on their price matching, I don't get all that excited about Prime. I'm not in a 1 day delivery range either. I tend to go to BestBuy if something breaks and I need a replacement "right now"... Usually headphones, so if I find them cheaper on Amazon or NewEgg I guess I just go to BB with the proof and get a discount.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 13:58 Hellbinder

sorry but sometimes best buy has killer deals on laptops and stuff.  
The Whales name is Bob.

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 12:50 Axis

Closed Betas wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 12:14:
James Adams wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 03:20:
I currently work at Best Buy. I can confirm this is correct. We actually outwardly advertise it to people when they call in. We do price match online retailers including newegg.com tigerdirect.com and amazon.com We are an extremely profitable company regardless of what the negative media likes to paint. We will be just fine and we're really going in the right direction retraining our entire staff on doing whats best for the customer first. Best Buy will be around for a very very long time.

Huh, that sounds pretty great then if there's little hassle. If I want some hardware that happens to be both at NewEgg and Best Buy I guess I can save on shipping and day of delivery time by driving over to Best Buy.

Amazon blows newegg away now with Prime, and I hate to say that because Amazon is helping put my company out of business.
You can get next day delivery even on a saturday from $3.99 weekday $8.99 saturday. and even same day delivery on some items.. yup same day

Newegg and Amazon are great competitors - both have advantages depending on what you are buying and who you are buying for -- and that's terrfic for us consumers.

What's NOT great for consumers is government intervention. Never is.

Govt makes a decent referee sometimes, but I don't want them helping their team of choice - ever.

Yours truly,

Axis

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 12:14 Closed Betas

I currently work at Best Buy. I can confirm this is correct. We actually outwardly advertise it to people when they call in. We do price match online retailers including newegg.com tigerdirect.com and amazon.com We are an extremely profitable company regardless of what the negative media likes to paint. We will be just fine and we're really going in the right direction retraining our entire staff on doing whats best for the customer first. Best Buy will be around for a very very long time.

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 12:07 Closed Betas

They are dead, they will give a great reputation as all companies do as they are trying to sell... Look at the Jewel food store chain.. Same thing, new lower prices, blah blah blah, they are hurting... And you hurt for a reason.. You suck at what you do, you call yourself Best Buy which is further than the truth after your initial 2 year entry... You took basic items like dsl filters that cost $1.99 and started charging $15-$20 for these little items, which left no reason to go to your store. And everyone in the world knows about your $400 tv and $60 for a $5 cable scam. Top that with what the reviewer said below and good luck rebranding other another name. Consumers are starting to see the scam of a rebrand after failure routine.

Here's how I feel about Best Buy after I use to LOVE the place. If someone said lets go shopping, and Best buy was on that list.. I would NOT even go.. I cant even stand walking into that place anymore.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 10:25 xXBatmanXx

HOOOOOOLD ON! You are NOT a "extremely profitable" company.quit drinking their koolaid. Your company is currently fighting a personal buyout that they aren't going to be able to stop! You are closing stores. You are laying off staff. You are downsizing corporate.

I live near the HQ in Minnesota, I have family and friends that work there. Don't come in here and paint the picture of a great company - cause THAT IT IS NOT!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 10:13 Axis

I stopped buying at bestbuy when they upped the "Customer service" crap and marketing, upped the prices, and cut all the open box sales -- which was about 8 years or so ago.

I was ALWAYS able to buy cheaper online, but I went there because it was only slightly more, and they had refurbished or open box items to snatch up.

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 04:05 Sepharo

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 03:20 James Adams

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 02:30 Cyanotetyphas

As shitty as Best Buy has insisted on being, I think it hurts us to lose one of the last brick and mortar tech chains.

Also, the extended fight not to submerge usually produces awesome sales. I picked up lots of games during Circuit City's death throws years ago.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 01:04 Cutter

Too little too late BB. And how they think they can compete with Amazon - when they have all kinds of overhead Amazon does not - is laughable at best. That's really all they've ever been good for, being a showroom to go see the TV you're going to buy on Amazon and that's it.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2012, 00:10 nin

As much as I hate them (and believe me, it pains me to write this), at least now they're now trying to turn things around, instead of keeping their head in the sand like they have the last 5-10 years.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 12, 2012, 21:56 wtf_man

The Articles says "online prices from competitors like Amazon"... but Yeah... I call BS on that too.  

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 12, 2012, 21:00 NegaDeath

The actual online prices or the fake ones they put up on the computers at the store with prices that match the store stuff?  

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 12, 2012, 20:38 xXBatmanXx

Best Buy to Match Online Prices.

I call BS on that.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo