Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox

Computer and Video Games has word from BioWare that the recently revealed Omega single-player DLC pack for Mass Effect 3 is expected on Xbox 360 on November 27th for 1200 space bux (USD $15.00). There's no word on other platforms for the moment. They also have a video about the DLC, but this is marked private, so unless that gets fixed, it's not going to help much. BioWare says this is "double the size of the largest DLC we've done for Mass Effect 3," and word is it will involve battling with Cerberus general Petrovsky for control of Omega.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 20:55 Tumbler

The rumored dlc right after launch sounded so much better than everything they've done. Continuing the story crashed on that planet, or picking up where you see someone take a breath.

That is why we need companies who make dlc after the game launches. This stuff looks like they decided to give up making more after launch and just shaved a few missions out of the game to sell later.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 18:14 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 17:00:
That WOULD be cool. It surprises me that they've done that kind of DLC for Dragon Age: Origins (Leliana's Song was really good) but never for the Mass Effect series.

Creston

It would be a good opportunity to change up the gameplay a bit too. Something sniper heavy, more stealthy.

"Now introducing the Archangel DLC. The universe is a mess in the aftermath of the Reaper War, the gangs are taking advantage of the chaos. Someone needs to step up. It's time for the soldier who put fear into the criminals of Omega to show why he earned the name Archangel"

F'ing Sold.

11. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 17:00 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 16:52:
If it was some Garrus DLC taking place after the ending I might be interested. Cleaning up after "The End", dealing with a broken team, having that lonely beer on a beach with the empty seat next to him. Otherwise meh.
\

That WOULD be cool. It surprises me that they've done that kind of DLC for Dragon Age: Origins (Leliana's Song was really good) but never for the Mass Effect series.

Creston

10. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 16:52 NegaDeath

If it was some Garrus DLC taking place after the ending I might be interested. Cleaning up after "The End", dealing with a broken team, having that lonely beer on a beach with the empty seat next to him. Otherwise meh.  

9. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 15:45 Flatline

Why bother when you already know the ending? All your effort is generally useless.

Even if it's a great story, I don't want to reward Bioware for shitting all over Mass Effect.

Besides, I still have like 7 top-notch games to play through.

8. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 14:46 necrosis

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/12/the-war-for-omega-begins/

Mass Effect 3: Omega (Single-player DLC) Coming November 27th to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 (November 28th to PS3 in Europe).

$14.99, 1200 MS/BW Points

7. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 14:04 Trevellian

They're still milking this turd?

Meanwhile I just keep adding more and more developers to my do not buy list... Bioware, Blizzard, Activision and DICE are among the top tier.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

6. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 13:47 Whiskers

I agree, the ending of ME3 was a letdown for me. I enjoyed everything up to that, but the way they set it up left no real reason to replay it like the others did. I'm surprised they are still releasing stuff for this. Does it still have a large player base? I guess they had a bunch of extra assets laying around that weren't included.  

5. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 11:58 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 11:42:
Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 11:29:
Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 11:13:
15 bucks? Yeah...

Game, season passes, DLC, booster packs, etc. The gaming industry is getting to be a "fun" place for my wallet.

Leviathan was an absolute rip-off. Probably one of the worst DLCs they've ever released, so if they expect me to fork over 15 bucks for yet another SP DLC, heh. It just makes me chuckle.

Creston

Hell I traded ME3 right the hell back in long before they even added the extended cut. It's a shame really, the game itself wasn't terrible but between how they handled the ending and how after 5 years of preaching throughout the series how player choice mattered, it was pretty much one big marketing line of bullshit.

I think what surprises me more is how quickly Bioware fell from being a developer that I would auto prebuy from to one that I actually might jump for joy if EA shutters them at this point.

Unless Dragon Age 3 goes in a far more DA:Orgins direction rather than DA2, and with Laidlaw still in charge of the series along with how much of an asshat David Gaider tends to act like most of the time on their boards, I'm not going to hold my breath.

4. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 11:42 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 11:29:
15 bucks? Yeah...

Game, season passes, DLC, booster packs, etc. The gaming industry is getting to be a "fun" place for my wallet.

Leviathan was an absolute rip-off. Probably one of the worst DLCs they've ever released, so if they expect me to fork over 15 bucks for yet another SP DLC, heh. It just makes me chuckle.

Creston

3. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 11:29 Verno

15 bucks? Yeah...

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

2. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 11:18 SpectralMeat

I totally forgot I own this game! Damn Borderlands2  

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 11:13 Creston

15 bucks? Yeah...

Creston

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.