Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NBA 2K13 Sells Well

2K Sports announces that NBA 2K13 is selling at a far faster rate than its predecessors, saying the pro basketball simulation sold through at an almost 50 percent greater rate than NBA 2K11 in its first week, with international sales up 66 percent over that title, which set the benchmark for the series. "Our early sales figures are a validation of our ongoing efforts to push this franchise to new heights," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "We owe it to our great fans to continually improve our title - year in and year out - and that’s exactly what we’ve done with NBA 2K13."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. How is Windows/PC port? Oct 14, 2012, 01:11 Ant

Does it still suck especially online?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 13, 2012, 14:14 Jivaro

As a fan of sports games in general, I have always been of the opinion that the NHL franchise from EA is the best action sports franchise available on any platform. I am also a huge fan of MLB The Show, but that is a PS3 only game. It is actually too bad a bigger audience can't play that game. It really is much better then any other baseball game I have seen recently....particularly the crap that 2K puts out.  

14. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 13, 2012, 11:49 Trevellian

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 16:17:
I'm waiting for NHL13: Lockout Edition, where you can watch the ice melt at your choice of NHL arenas. The GM mode is amazing. You have meetings to schedule meetings that will discuss when you can have a meeting about when you can negotiate with the players.

AWESOME!

I hope they implement a new skill stick feature for controlling the pen to sign new deals that will be shot down by the players association anyway.

I hate this fucking lockout I want to see my Caps play.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

13. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 23:59 RollinThundr

Jivaro wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 23:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 19:02:
Fantaz wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 17:51:
Hopefully this means better competition for EA Sports in the future.

Considering 2k/Taketwo already canned the rest of their sports line due to not putting the money and development improvement needed into the games to compete with EA, both NHL2k and MLB2k were essentially last gen port jobs that never progressed on this generation of consoles, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The only sports title Visual Concepts has put any effort into is NBA and that's only because NBA Live was so terrible for so long people wanted an alternative.

This will mark the second year in a row EA does not release a basketball game. I would be very surprised if Live/Elite doesn't come back for next year and give NBA2k a serious run for it.

They are probably just going to wait to release the next NBA Live/Elite until whenever the next gen consoles arrive. I kind of expected them to make one this year because the Wii U is releasing, but I guess they are gonna wait on Sony and MS.

That very well might be what they do at this point. Totally off topic but I just hope EA doesn't reboot NHL again on the next batch of consoles, because for a series that has been around for 20 years now, they pretty much have the closest to perfect hockey game we're prolly ever going to get.

I would hate to see all that work since NHL 07 get tossed out just due to a new console cycle.

12. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 23:44 Jivaro

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 19:02:

Considering 2k/Taketwo already canned the rest of their sports line due to not putting the money and development improvement needed into the games to compete with EA, both NHL2k and MLB2k were essentially last gen port jobs that never progressed on this generation of consoles, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The only sports title Visual Concepts has put any effort into is NBA and that's only because NBA Live was so terrible for so long people wanted an alternative.

This will mark the second year in a row EA does not release a basketball game. I would be very surprised if Live/Elite doesn't come back for next year and give NBA2k a serious run for it.

They are probably just going to wait to release the next NBA Live/Elite until whenever the next gen consoles arrive. I kind of expected them to make one this year because the Wii U is releasing, but I guess they are gonna wait on Sony and MS.

11. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 19:02 RollinThundr

10. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 18:49 Jivaro

gilly775 wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 16:49:
"We owe it to our great fans to continually improve our title - year in and year out - and that’s exactly what we’ve done with NBA 2K13."

And it had nothing to do with Jay-Z's name sprinkled on the game or on the commercials eh? Yeah, ok.

I miss the old college football/basketball games that came out on the PC.

There was a great mod for Madden 2008 (the last Madden for PC) that allows you to use college teams and the folks that made it had folks that were doing rosters for a great many teams. I have no idea if it is still being updated, but you might go take a look at this forum and see if they have it or something like it.

9. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 17:51 Fantaz

8. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 16:49 gilly775

"We owe it to our great fans to continually improve our title - year in and year out - and that’s exactly what we’ve done with NBA 2K13."

And it had nothing to do with Jay-Z's name sprinkled on the game or on the commercials eh? Yeah, ok.

I miss the old college football/basketball games that came out on the PC.

7. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 16:17 ^Drag0n^

I'm waiting for NHL13: Lockout Edition, where you can watch the ice melt at your choice of NHL arenas. The GM mode is amazing. You have meetings to schedule meetings that will discuss when you can have a meeting about when you can negotiate with the players.

AWESOME!

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

6. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 16:14 Julio

NBA 2K is an annual purchase for me, though on the PS3. I'm more of an offline association mode player, so unfortunately they don't make that many changes year to year that help me. Player ratings are generally weak, but the gameplay is great.

Some consistent bugs that they never manage to stamp out are annoying as well such as my favorite team's scout making $8 million of the $10 million allocated to your coaching staff. Every year it takes 3 seasons before that awful contract expires.

5. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 14:49 dangerman77

I don't really care for basketball, but after reading rave review after rave review, I picked up NBA 2K12 for the PC somewhere online for $10 last year. And I played it for about 200 hours. The My Player mode is simply outstanding fun, and the presentation and commentary is astoundingly true-to-TV. If only EA would care to innovate like this for the Madden franchise (har har, that costs more than churning out $60 roster updates)...  

4. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 14:23 Cutter

Jai Alai 2K13 please!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 13:51 BobBob

Curling 2K13 please.  

2. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 11:52 RollinThundr

Jivaro wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 11:27:
They make a decent game, the competition waves the white flag before the battle even starts, and they marketed the hell out of it...I am not sure I find it to be exactly a shock that it is selling well.

Me personally, I don't know if I will be buying it anytime soon. I like to play sports games offline mostly. I don't have anything against online play, but I just don't use it nearly as much as offline play. With games like FIFA, Madden, or MLB The Show I can play offline without my game being affected by whether or not I am "connected" or "logged in". With NBA 2K12 as soon as 2K Sports decided it was time to start pushing people to get the new game, all of a sudden I started having incredible amounts of issues with it. If it can't log me in when I boot up, somehow it forgets everything I have done with regards to offline play. Fortunately I bought it on PC, so like pretty much everyone else I ended up having to use a hack and a 3rd party mod to get around it. Now that I am using such a mod there are plenty of people making unofficial roster updates, I can't say I see the need to purchase 2K13.

Funny enough, had they not dicked around with the offline play by making it dependent on your connection to 2K Sports online servers I would not have searched for a mod or a hack and I would have bought the new one...just like I do with FIFA, Madden, and The Show every year. The logic behind making my offline progress dependent on an online profile escapes me.

Oh well, buying the same sports game every year is a dirty habit anyway.

To be fair NBA2k is pretty much 2k's only sports title at this point. NHL2k and MLB2k are both canned, TopSpin isn't a yearly title. You would think that a company like Take Two, who has money could actually compete with EASports and make EA work harder to improve their own titles.

1. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 12, 2012, 11:27 Jivaro

They make a decent game, the competition waves the white flag before the battle even starts, and they marketed the hell out of it...I am not sure I find it to be exactly a shock that it is selling well.

Me personally, I don't know if I will be buying it anytime soon. I like to play sports games offline mostly. I don't have anything against online play, but I just don't use it nearly as much as offline play. With games like FIFA, Madden, or MLB The Show I can play offline without my game being affected by whether or not I am "connected" or "logged in". With NBA 2K12 as soon as 2K Sports decided it was time to start pushing people to get the new game, all of a sudden I started having incredible amounts of issues with it. If it can't log me in when I boot up, somehow it forgets everything I have done with regards to offline play. Fortunately I bought it on PC, so like pretty much everyone else I ended up having to use a hack and a 3rd party mod to get around it. Now that I am using such a mod there are plenty of people making unofficial roster updates, I can't say I see the need to purchase 2K13.

Funny enough, had they not dicked around with the offline play by making it dependent on your connection to 2K Sports online servers I would not have searched for a mod or a hack and I would have bought the new one...just like I do with FIFA, Madden, and The Show every year. The logic behind making my offline progress dependent on an online profile escapes me.

Oh well, buying the same sports game every year is a dirty habit anyway.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo