Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

4. Re: PC Marketing blah blah Oct 12, 2012, 12:09 Zanderat1

Ya, I need firepower for both my work and my gaming that tablets and phones simply can't deliver. I expect the next generation of gaming consoles will have a trickle down effect of boosting pc hardware needs in order to keep up.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: PC Marketing blah blah Oct 12, 2012, 11:46 eRe4s3r

That's a great point, while I think anyone needs at least 1 real PC of some kind (home-work, web browsing, all that ,p) there is no reason why this then needs upgrading. The requirements for web and writing, and assorted remain the same, so this upgrade reason is literally dead.

Which leaves out gamers and techies. And imo it's not a bad thing for PC's to fall into that niche again. Sometimes focus is more important....

2. Re: PC Marketing blah blah Oct 12, 2012, 11:38 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 10:40:
Everything is slowing down, people are getting device overload and have limited disposable income. I have so many stupid devices that I have to label cords for when I move stuff. You can only own so many laptops, phones, desktops, tablets, etc. The tablet market isn't even fully developed and it's about to be deluged.

I have a great desktop that I won't need to upgrade for a long time unless there is a significant reason to do so. Same story with my laptop. With application developers split on where they're putting their resources we're not seeing many reasons or constraints that would require a hardware upgrade either.

I totally agree. Even games these days aren't really pushing the envelopes (thanks consoles) so there is little to no need to keep upgrading like in the old days (new video card every 6-12 months)

Especially with the recent boom of tablets, smart phones etc, it is a pretty obvious path PC sales are headed.

Went over to a family friend to fix up her 10+ years old computer that got some viruses on it, and she said I didn't understand why all the younger people were on their cell phones all the time until just recently I got one of those smart phones and now I understand. This thing can do 90% of what I was doing on my PC. Sending e-mails, check facebook, online banking, etc etc.
She is writing a book so she needs the PC for typing but otherwise why would she buy another PC?

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: PC Marketing blah blah Oct 12, 2012, 10:40 Verno

Everything is slowing down, people are getting device overload and have limited disposable income. I have so many stupid devices that I have to label cords for when I move stuff. You can only own so many laptops, phones, desktops, tablets, etc. The tablet market isn't even fully developed and it's about to be deluged.

I have a great desktop that I won't need to upgrade for a long time unless there is a significant reason to do so. Same story with my laptop. With application developers split on where they're putting their resources we're not seeing many reasons or constraints that would require a hardware upgrade either.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo