Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Details Near

Game Informer editor-in-chief Andy McNamara tweets that he is here in the town so nice they named it twice to check out Grand Theft Auto V, the open-world action game so nice, it's on its fifth installment: "In NYC, about to check out Decemberís cover game #GTAV." Kotaku notes that the way GI typically promotes things suggests we'll hear more about GTA5 in early November. Thanks nin.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 16:10 Yakubs

Haven't we moved past this sort of game design by now? How many times are we expected to travel to a waypoint while listening to scripted dialog, watch a scripted cutscene, press the button on your controller that the game prompts you to press in order to progress the scripted sequence, then shoot a couple guys with auto-target-lock?

Vice City mastered the formula. As we've seen, any tweaks are just making things worse.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:57 RailWizard

nin wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:33:
deqer wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:31:
JayDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:17:
Oh shit! I gotta hurry up and finish Saints Row the Third as I probably will never play it again when GTA V is in my hands!
Oh, hi fanboi. You don't even know what GTA V will end up being, and you're already buying it? They could put a pile of poop inside the box, and you'd still buy it? Okay.

Any you wonder why people can't stand you, deqer?

He is right though. Then again it applies to a lot of games these days. I'll refrain from listing them all...

I know, I know, people don't like me either. Well phhhthtphhthpht. Smug

16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:50 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:37:
Max Payne 3 was a quality port, however. So I do have hope for the PC version.

Anyway, GTA V... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Creston

Not having played Max Payne it skipped my memory. If that's true then there is hope indeed.

15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:45 Verno

deqer wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:42:
and maybe I care that he likes GTA, which is why I said what I said.

So which is it? He can't like GTA or he can't preorder a game? Have considered the possibility that maybe he has different taste than yours and liked the previous games enough not to care if hes "taking a risk"? It's a videogame, not a capital asset.

How else would I say it? Should I be all nice about and get rejected anyways? If I'm going to get rejected regardless, then I might as well be hostile about it. It's more effective that way.

It's more effective at getting you ejected or ignored, sure. Please by all means then, forget what I said and keep it up. I love train wrecks Popcorn

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:42 deqer

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:34:
Oh shit! I gotta hurry up and finish Saints Row the Third as I probably will never play it again when GTA V is in my hands!
Oh, hi fanboi. You don't even know what GTA V will end up being, and you're already buying it? They could put a pile of poop inside the box, and you'd still buy it? Okay.

Maybe he just likes GTA games and wants to spend his money that you do not earn for him.

That kind of attitude and consistent shitty posting tends to get people banned or drubbed by community BTW.
and maybe I care that he likes GTA, which is why I said what I said.

How else would I say it? Should I be all nice about and get rejected anyways? If I'm going to get rejected regardless, then I might as well be hostile about it. It's more effective that way.

Look at his post, and look at everyone elses. He doesn't even question the possibility that it will be shit, even though there is proof that games have been being released like that lately, and he should be warned.

How do you think fans felt when they purchased Quake 4? Yup. They all went back to Quake 3.

13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:37 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:18:
Judging by the shoddy ports GTA4 & La Noire received and the utterly bizarre lack of RDR I don't put much faith in the PC version. You never know though, the PC has gained some momentum as a platform lately and maybe Rockstar is paying attention.

Max Payne 3 was a quality port, however. So I do have hope for the PC version.

Anyway, GTA V... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Creston

12. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:34 Verno

Maybe he just likes GTA games and wants to spend his money that you do not earn for him.

That kind of attitude and consistent shitty posting tends to get people banned or drubbed by community BTW.

11. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:33 nin

Any you wonder why people can't stand you, deqer?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:31 deqer

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:29 deqer

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:18:
Judging by the shoddy ports GTA4 & La Noire received and the utterly bizarre lack of RDR I don't put much faith in the PC version. You never know though, the PC has gained some momentum as a platform lately and maybe Rockstar is paying attention.
I believe it's nothing to do with PC platform level of technology. It's about money. Every company is going to be selfish and greedy enough to say "no, don't do it properly; just port it quickly."

Selfish companies taking shortcuts and coming out with entire new line of product/service by having the same product now available on another platform. Sounds big, right? Sounds like a lot of extra money, right? So, you would think companies would invest in doing it properly, but nooooo, they take the shortcut "just port it quickly." and still make their money too. Those fuckers.

8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:21 nin

Hopefully you'll have SR4 after GTA5 next year, if THQ manages to survive.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:18 NegaDeath

6. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:17 JayDeath

Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 15:01 Beelzebud

I just hope they have the engine running decently on PCs this time around.

They also need to open the game up more like Vice City and San Andreas were. GTA IV lacked most of the things that made those two games so cool.

It won't matter how good it is if the engine still sucks though, so I really hope they've gotten it sorted out by now.

4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 14:53 deqer

Tumbler wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 14:50:
hard to get excited about another one.
hard to get excited about another one after playing Vice City. Vice City has the best mechanics, story, characters, voice actors, and radio music. they'll never be able to license those radio tunes again; and those are the best tunes.

3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 14:50 Tumbler

I'm kind of meh about this game. I'm sure it will be good because Rockstar has been good about these games but hard to get excited about another one.

I'll look at it when it arrives.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 14:40 Verno

deqer poops on topic at Bluesnews, users shocked.

Anyway really looking forward to seeing how they respond to the criticisms of GTA4.

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 14:36 deqer

Rockstar needs more revenue? Cool.

Maybe I'll just wait until you guys are done the series and just buy the last one. Can I assume your series ends at 10? Okay. I'll just wait for GTA X then.

Thanks.

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo