Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Details Near

Game Informer editor-in-chief Andy McNamara tweets that he is here in the town so nice they named it twice to check out Grand Theft Auto V, the open-world action game so nice, it's on its fifth installment: "In NYC, about to check out Decemberís cover game #GTAV." Kotaku notes that the way GI typically promotes things suggests we'll hear more about GTA5 in early November. Thanks nin.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. removed Oct 12, 2012, 02:55 abcthjm

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 12, 2012, 04:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 12, 2012, 01:14 bigspender

so where do I sign the anti-GFWL petition?

Jay - a futuristic one would be awesome, new cars, flying cars, and I can imagine that R* would do a great job of a story when it comes to humans and androids/synthetics.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 12, 2012, 01:05 Jerykk

ItBurn wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 19:12:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 18:50:
Am I the only one who doesn't really care about GTA anymore? There have been a ton of open-world action games since GTA3 and most of them have introduced interesting new mechanics to the genre, whether it be hang-gliding, web-swinging, grappling, wall-running, jumping really high, parkour, stealth, highly-destructible environments, etc. GTA, by comparison, feels really mundane.

Also, Euphoria physics works great for NPCs but it makes the player character control incredibly sluggish and clunky. Couldn't stand it in GTA4.

There have been a lot of them, and while some were good (only one I liked was saints row 3), none come close to GTA. For me anyway. GTA is an adult and the others are teenagers.

Can't tell if serious..? GTA is about as popular with teenagers as Halo and Call of Duty are. Which is to say, plenty popular. You act like it's a mature and sophisticated game that deals with complex themes or something.

I thought the control in GTA4 was awesome, because it finally felt you were playing an actual human being, rather than a floating camera.

When it comes to controls, I'm all about functionality and precision. I don't really care if it's realistic. I do care if that realism makes it harder to control my character, though. I'll take the floating camera of GTA3, VC and SA over the clunky and sluggish controls of GTA4 any day.

I think GTA5 definitely needs to do something different if they want to raise the bar for open-world games. Moral choices and a branching storyline would be nice. Genuinely open-ended missions with multiple solutions would be nice too. Improving the presentation and adding more side-content isn't enough.

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 21:53 Cutter

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 21:49:
Eirikrautha wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 17:35:
Err, Rockstar... how about you do RDR2 and put it on PC (in a decent port)? Then you'll get my money. Until then, you're dead to me...

Red Dead Redemption is done by a completely different team (in this case, Rockstar San Diego.) Some developers CAN actually work on multiple games at once, ya know?

Creston

No RDR PC port was still a HUGE mistake on their part. They would have easily sold a few million with it. Goddamn that was a great game!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 21:52 Creston

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about GTA anymore? There have been a ton of open-world action games since GTA3 and most of them have introduced interesting new mechanics to the genre, whether it be hang-gliding, web-swinging, grappling, wall-running, jumping really high, parkour, stealth, highly-destructible environments, etc. GTA, by comparison, feels really mundane.

Also, Euphoria physics works great for NPCs but it makes the player character control incredibly sluggish and clunky. Couldn't stand it in GTA4.

I thought the control in GTA4 was awesome, because it finally felt you were playing an actual human being, rather than a floating camera.

As for gameplay, yeah, GTA is lacking behind in some innovations, but they try to ground their stuff in reality. (or at least their satiric version of that reality.) So they're not going to have the crazy shit that Saints Row does, for example.

One thing I think GTA is still unmatched in, however, is in the writing. They have the best dialogue, the best radio stations, etc.

Creston

33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 21:49 Creston

Eirikrautha wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 17:35:
Err, Rockstar... how about you do RDR2 and put it on PC (in a decent port)? Then you'll get my money. Until then, you're dead to me...

Red Dead Redemption is done by a completely different team (in this case, Rockstar San Diego.) Some developers CAN actually work on multiple games at once, ya know?

Creston

32. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 19:12 ItBurn

There have been a lot of them, and while some were good (only one I liked was saints row 3), none come close to GTA. For me anyway. GTA is an adult and the others are teenagers.

31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 18:59 SectorEffector

not at all, I know theres a ton of players that quickly adopted Saints Row over GTA.

usually its accompanied with "I DONT WANT TO HANG OUT WITH MY STUPID COUSIN"

or

"DRIVE, SHOOT, CUTSCENE, DRIVE, SHOOT, CUTSCENE, DRIVE, SHOOT..."

all the while doing such a good job at focusing ever so tightly on the bad while completely overlooking a plethora of wonderful technology and attention to detail that the game had at the time of release.

Really, load up GTA just walk into the street with a shotgun and blast a passing car.

To this day it still feels viceral with the glass covered in blood the head slumped against the horn and the car veering off into a ditch, while the bullet holes have parallex mapping and seperate decals for buckshot shotgun that catch the sunlight as you see the car coast to a stop.

Captures that oomph that real guns need to have in games. The entire game is based around guns.. they damn well better feel solid. No fucking disappearing decals after 5 seconds, or ragdolls that float through the air in the jesus T Position....

You're not the only one.

I do whole heartedly agree with the clunky physics on the player, it should have only engaged when a car knocks your over etc.

Shooting someone in the head in RDR with exit wounds and euporia and watching the the horse drag him away is nothing short of spectacular wanton violence done right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 18:50 Jerykk

29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 18:50 SectorEffector

If this is nearly as good as Red Dead Redemption then it's going to be awesome.

RDR on PC would be more then awesome.

I own in on 360 and PS3 cus I'm a neurotic weirdo.

ESP if it's using the engine framework thats similar to Max Payne 3, that game looked fucking great and it was optimized ( albiet with smaller levels ) to run great and had no problems that GTA 4 had

This hopefully will wash off the less then pleasant experience I had with Saints Row III. Hardcore fans of that game remind me of hardcore apple fans and give no moment a listen to why I felt it was less fun then it could've easily been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 18:30 Mordecai Walfish

KTR wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 16:52:
If GTA4 is to GTA3 and GTA5 is to GTA:SA...we are in for something special. With R* already having GTA4 as a base, they can put time into content in GTA5.

Exactly. There is good reason to be excited for this game, and even if you didn't favor GTAIV I think this will be a real return to stride for the series.

I've always thought about the similarities between GTAIV and 3-- new engine, new hurdles and trials to overcome to get what you want out of it. GTAIV was obviously severely limited (at least compared to Vice City/San Andreas) by this and there's no reason to think that with 5 years experience in their new engine that Rockstar hasn't returned to the content and feature side of the equation to really show what RAGE can do.

GTA is, as others have said here, almost always a day-1 purchase for me as well. Comparisons to "Quake 3 to Quake 4" are completely invalid as Q4 was done by an outside company.. as far as I know Rockstar is still taking this on alone.

Bring on the news!

27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 17:57 Trevellian

I played a lot of GTA4 but I still like Vice City the best of all. I want another GTA set in the 80's or even the 70's. Preferably the 80's though. Vice City definitely had the best feel to it overall. That game sucked me in till I had finished it the second day playing it so much. And I loved it.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 17:35 Eirikrautha

25. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 11, 2012, 17:22 HorrorScope

The only feature I care about is "When it comes to the PC, will it run well?".  

24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 17:19 Cutter

I for one am down like a clown for this game. All the GTA games are day one purchases for me. Still some of the best value for your money you can get.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 17:17 Dades

deqer wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:31:
JayDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:17:
Oh shit! I gotta hurry up and finish Saints Row the Third as I probably will never play it again when GTA V is in my hands!
Oh, hi fanboi. You don't even know what GTA V will end up being, and you're already buying it? They could put a pile of poop inside the box, and you'd still buy it? Okay.

Why do you care so much? Do you want to make him breakfast and dress him too?

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 16:52 KTR

If GTA4 is to GTA3 and GTA5 is to GTA:SA...we are in for something special. With R* already having GTA4 as a base, they can put time into content in GTA5.  

21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 16:45 JayDeath

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:34:
deqer wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:31:
JayDeath wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 15:17:
Oh shit! I gotta hurry up and finish Saints Row the Third as I probably will never play it again when GTA V is in my hands!
Oh, hi fanboi. You don't even know what GTA V will end up being, and you're already buying it? They could put a pile of poop inside the box, and you'd still buy it? Okay.

Maybe he just likes GTA games and wants to spend his money that you do not earn for him.

That kind of attitude and consistent shitty posting tends to get people banned or drubbed by community BTW.

Exactly! I've enjoyed all the GTA games. GTA IV was my fav. I'm hoping for more of the same. Although, I was hoping for a different time period. A futuristic time period would be great, think Blade Runner meets The Fifth Element. Lasers, robots, flying cars...That would be cool.

Steam: Henry Krinkle

Why isn't there a remake of Westworld?

20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 16:33 theyarecomingforyou

I've still got to complete Max Payne 3, which I kinda liked but found deeply irritating at the same time. At this point I'm really not interesting in GTAV, as I have very serious doubts that any effort will be put into the PC version and that they'll address the core issues that GTAIV had. The series peaked with Vice City and just hasn't been the same since.

Watchdogs looks much better than GTAV and really highlights how stale the GTA series has become.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 16:24 jacobvandy

You use auto-aim? Brood  

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo