Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week

The CBS 3 Website has a confirmation of Tuesday's rumors of DLC for Borderlands 2 called Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty. It turns out the release of this pirate-themed DLC is expected next week on October 16th for $10.00 USD (except for Season Pass holders). Here's what they have about this for now:

The downloadable content focuses on the one-eyed pirate queen Captain Scarlett and is set amid an expansive desert that features a bandit-filled shanty town called Oasis.

"You can sense the pirate theme across the landscape, even though there's no water," said Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford. "It's all dried up. It feels more like Tatooine than an ocean. These bandits have really embraced the pirate lifestyle, and there's the legend of a treasure. That kicks off this whole adventure that the players can go on."

The new campaign tasks players with battling new enemies like sand worms, hovering across the terrain in the new sand skiff vehicle and collecting a new currency called seraph crystals. Pitchford said the new campaign was designed with all players in mind - from those who haven't finished the game to the elite who are replaying it again to discover more swag.

View
60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

40. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 15:12 The Half Elf

Question: Pre-ordered BL2 from GMG, was given the premiere club, installed on Steam, and not showing the Mechromancer. Wasn't it part of the pre-order?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 14:38 Creston

Cutter wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 13:33:
Haha Tulsa. Cres does anyone go to Tulsa...ever?

No! That's why I was so surprised!

Creston

38. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 14:38 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 13:17:
Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:59:
nin wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:53:
$140, at the moment. Which, coupled with the Muse tickets from the other day makes nin a very broke lad...

Muse tickets?????!!! *blinks* :O
Are they coming to Tulsa? Is it sold out already?

Creston

Web site presale was Tuesday. Not sure about general...

March 10th, 2013. I've already arranged to have off the 11th, as a recovery day.

Thanks for the heads up. I need to see if they still have tickets!

Creston

37. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 14:20 Bhruic

Beamer wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 13:36:
I found a really nice orange SMG yesterday. Got it from leveling a Goliath all the way up. That's been the most consistent way of getting good loot for me.

I've got a few dozen oranges, and hundreds of purples... Definitely the largest source has been from chests. I make a point of opening all the (convenient) chests in a level whenever I have to go there, and sometimes get rewarded. Even if I get crap, it all sells. But honestly, the oranges are rarely special enough to make it worth complaining about the lack. I was expecting oranges to be unique in some fashion, but that's rarely the case. The are usually just a few numbers better than purples (which are a few number better than blues, etc). Not to say there aren't some objects with unique-ish properties, but they tend to be quest rewards.

36. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 13:39 jacobvandy

Beamer wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 13:36:
I found a really nice orange SMG yesterday. Got it from leveling a Goliath all the way up. That's been the most consistent way of getting good loot for me.

Yeah, but it's a pain in the ass! I've only had it happen a few times, and all but one were by accident. Usually you have to babysit him so he doesn't get killed, then you have to be careful not to finish off the other guys, etc.

35. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 13:38 nin

Cutter wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 13:33:
$140, at the moment. Which, coupled with the Muse tickets from the other day makes nin a very broke lad...

Creston

Sounds like Cutter wasn't at the Journey (complete with scab vocalist)/Pat Benetar/Loverboy show last night!

And while I missed that one (and I use "missed" loosely), I did catch Steve Miller a few weeks ago, and had these wonderful drunks next to me the entire show, complete with fist fights with the people the row behind them.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

34. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 13:36 Beamer

I wish they'd drop the gun manufacturer concept. While cool, it's limiting. I'd rather a chance of finding something that did burst and elemental, or burst and big clip, or whatever. More variety.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

33. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 13:33 Cutter

Creston

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

32. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 13:22 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 13:11:
I wish this DLC had come out two weeks ago! What do you think about that, budday?

It probably could have, they had the info and filesizes in the Steam app_info as of two weeks ago which lends a bit of credence to his rant

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

31. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 13:17 nin

Creston

Web site presale was Tuesday. Not sure about general...

March 10th, 2013. I've already arranged to have off the 11th, as a recovery day.

30. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 13:11 jacobvandy

I wish this DLC had come out two weeks ago! What do you think about that, budday?  

29. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 12:52 deqer

McSterls wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 12:36:
I love Borderlands 2, but to hell with this. Games been out three weeks and we have DLC coming out already, should have been included as part of the base game. Money grubbing bastards.
^

McSterls wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 12:36:
I'll come back next year when this is on sale for 2 bucka and buy it.
Don't bother. At this rate, the community will probably be dead by then. Almost no different than how BF2142 suddenly died ... Companies don't care, and move on because they need to continue filling their wallets.

I understand companies need to stay in business, and keep revenue flowing; but that's not our problem. But, companies make it our problem by forcing this stuff on us and most of us eat it because we think we should.

28. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 12:43 Jdrez

Heh, TIL that having lots of free time to game makes you "elite."  

27. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 12:36 McSterls

I love Borderlands 2, but to hell with this. Games been out three weeks and we have DLC coming out already, should have been included as part of the base game. Money grubbing bastards. Too many good games to play right now, I'll come back next year when this is on sale for 2 bucka and buy it.  

26. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 12:28 deqer

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 10:34:
nin wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 10:32:
I'm going straight from BL2 to Dishonored. XCOM sounds good, but at this point, it'll have to wait.

Too many good games to play not enough time in a day
Same problem many people seem to be having lately
That's why I uninstalled all 130 games from my Steam library, including TF2, L4D2, Killing Floor--all favourites of mine. But I was playing them too much. I uninstalled everything, and now only focus on TL2 and SC:FA, and after I'm done with those I'll go back to retro games like Doom, and Quake--continue making maps for them, etc. yes, these communities are still alive.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2012, 12:35.

25. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 11:59 Creston

Creston

24. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 11:54 Darks

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:49:
Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:01:
new enemies like sand worms

Read: Sand Threshers...

I might pick this up, dunno. There's Treasure! Yeah, it'll be a chest that drops four shitty-ass green weapons.

Amen brother, so tired of getting shitty drops in that game. After 70 hours I've seen 3 legendaries and 2 of them weren't even very good. Maybe a dozen purples, half of them total garbage because of that multi-barrel nonsense or some other stupid modifier. The loot was the one thing they did pretty well in the original, not sure how they messed it up so much this time. Give me 87,000 unique and useful guns instead of 87 bazillion pieces of shit that I need to farm hours on end for.

Havenít you heard? Theyíve been taking lessons from Blizzards Diablo 3 shit loot drops. Grind, grind, grind and keep on grinding. Iíve had a few really good drops. I found the Mine Craft Shotgun and used it all the way till the end of the game. Best shotgun I had ever seen. Had a Few other drops to but nothing you can really get excited about. My best drops came from the Gold chest. Got several keys from pitchoford. Got some really nice weapons out of that chest.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 11:53 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:51:
nin wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:31:
It's never been a better time for my gaming. It's never been worse to be my bank account

Yeah, and our project eternity money is due in 5 days...eeeeek.

Hahahaha. How much are you in for again, nin?

$57 myself. Hope my wife won't notice...

Creston

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 11:53 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:49:
Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:01:
new enemies like sand worms

Read: Sand Threshers...

I might pick this up, dunno. There's Treasure! Yeah, it'll be a chest that drops four shitty-ass green weapons.

Amen brother, so tired of getting shitty drops in that game. After 70 hours I've seen 3 legendaries and 2 of them weren't even very good. Maybe a dozen purples, half of them total garbage because of that multi-barrel nonsense or some other stupid modifier. The loot was the one thing they did pretty well in the original, not sure how they messed it up so much this time. Give me 87,000 unique and useful guns instead of 87 bazillion pieces of shit that I need to farm hours on end for.

I've gotten a few useful legendaries, but

A) They were 2 grenades and one shield
B) They ALWAYS drop from the same guy, and are scripted to drop

Randomly, I've yet to see a single legendary that wasn't basically called "Vendor Trash."

I figured TVHM would at least be better, but nope. Still white and green shit, just higher level white and green shit.

Creston

21. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 11:51 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:31:
It's never been a better time for my gaming. It's never been worse to be my bank account

Yeah, and our project eternity money is due in 5 days...eeeeek.

Hahahaha. How much are you in for again, nin?

$57 myself. Hope my wife won't notice...

Creston

60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo