Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault

Steam News announces that the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault DLC is now available for the Windows edition of the military shooter sequel:

Saluting Modern Warfare® 3's Season of Content, the fourth and final DLC collection deploys with five all-new Multiplayer Maps. Surrounded by mountains, "Gulch" sends combatants into a forgotten mining town with only mine shafts and equipment sheds for cover. The Jersey coast awaits in "Boardwalk," where fun in the sun means facing enemies on the beach. Players must earn their sea legs in "Off Shore" and "Decommission," where deadly oceanic oil rigs and a maze of rotting ocean liners provide the perfect setting for shoreline-based combat. Rounding out the collection is a trip to New Orleans’ war-torn French Quarter, where "Parish" pits players against one another amid the city's rubble.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault Oct 11, 2012, 20:10 RollinThundr

Trevellian wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 07:47:
I love the video that is currently on IGN personally. "Treyarch Confused by Black Ops 2 Engine Criticism"

Even their lead director is a moron. His philosophy apparently is "Well it runs at 60fps and that is what you guys want, we can still make the engine pretty"

The reality is they've only ever worked with someone elses engine and can't f'ing design their own. And even the COD fanboys are starting to notice nothing ever changes. Same textures, same death animations, rehashes of old maps, recycled sounds. It's no wonder they make so much profit on the damn games they barely change a damn thing.

The fact that almost a decade or however long it's been since the first COD, that they're still using a modified version of Quake3 Arena ffs speaks volumes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault Oct 11, 2012, 09:54 mch

Cutter wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 01:52:

You mean Call of Doody: Modern Poopfare?

This is almost as tired and used up as Call of Duty.

PSN: CaseDesignate

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault Oct 11, 2012, 07:47 Trevellian

I love the video that is currently on IGN personally. "Treyarch Confused by Black Ops 2 Engine Criticism"

Even their lead director is a moron. His philosophy apparently is "Well it runs at 60fps and that is what you guys want, we can still make the engine pretty"

The reality is they've only ever worked with someone elses engine and can't f'ing design their own. And even the COD fanboys are starting to notice nothing ever changes. Same textures, same death animations, rehashes of old maps, recycled sounds. It's no wonder they make so much profit on the damn games they barely change a damn thing.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault Oct 11, 2012, 07:06 Jackplug

I'm tired of the same old crap being shoved onto our pc's screen, I like something different for a change.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault Oct 11, 2012, 01:52 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 23:24:
I am happy of my fellow BN peeps. No comments - I guess we all know where CoD stands around here! hahahahahah

You mean Call of Doody: Modern Poopfare?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault Oct 11, 2012, 00:51 Keith

MW 3 is pretty solid. I even thought the SP campaign was ok. Just getting tired of shooters. Never thought I'd say that, but there it is. I really wish they make some more old-school (read: Red Alert, Total Annihiliation, Generals, etc.) RTS games instead of those new-fangled 3rd person League of Legends games.

What's Derek Smart been up to? Haven't seen him around for some time. He always got the fires burning. Going to have to google...

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault Oct 10, 2012, 23:24 xXBatmanXx

I am happy of my fellow BN peeps. No comments - I guess we all know where CoD stands around here! hahahahahah  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo