Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Worms Revolution

Team17 announces Worms Revolution is now available for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, with the Windows version being sold through Steam. Here's the deal on the squirmy sequel:

Worms™ Revolution sticks an exploding sheep under worm-on-worm conflict and blasts it squarely into the 21st century. With 32 single player missions, 20 single player puzzles, online or local multiplayer for up to 4 players, 3 multiplayer modes, customisation, worm classes and dynamic water!

• 32 single-player campaign missions and 20 puzzle missions to exercise your brain.
  • Fight to the death across 4 unique environments.
  • Experience local or online battles with up to 4 players. Choose from 3 different game modes: Deathmatch, Forts or Classic mode.
  • Includes a Level Editor. Create new environments for your worms to battle in and destroy. (PC Steam exclusive feature)
  • 4 different classes of worm: Soldier, Scout, Scientist and Heavy.
  • Customise your worms using a variety of hats, glasses, moustaches, gravestones, victory dances, soundbanks and trinkets!
  • New dynamic water and physics objects
  • New weapons
  • Award winning writer Dean Wilkinson provides the script, which is hilariously brought to life by the accomplished Matt Berry as unseen narrator, Don Keystone, a wildlife documentary maker.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Worms Revolution Oct 11, 2012, 06:05 JaguarUSF

jimnms wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:10:
I played it for about an hour this morning and I couldn't figure out how to create different profiles or teams for local play either.
You can't. It's all tied to your Steam user name. Just have to put all your teams in at once.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Worms Revolution Oct 10, 2012, 23:00 MisterBenn

Hmmm. I've had a few crashes on level loads as well. After ctrl-alt-deleting your way back to the desktop you can see an error for missing or invalid files and an instruction to revalidate your steam files. I've done that but the problem is reoccurring. Definitely a bit rough around the edges currently it seems!

If the internet profile has come in at the expense of customisable local deathmatch teams then they have made a big mistake! All my worms fun to date has been with friends and family, face to face; I've never played an internet game.

Playing: Path of Exile.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Worms Revolution Oct 10, 2012, 22:10 jimnms

I played it for about an hour this morning and I couldn't figure out how to create different profiles or teams for local play either. In Worms Reloaded you could create separate profiles each with several custom teams. My niece likes to play Worms, and with Reloaded she had her own profile so her teams were separate from mine.  

Steam Profile

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Worms Revolution Oct 10, 2012, 21:05 MisterBenn

The new physics, items and classes all seem good this time, much better than Reloaded. There are some issues though. The water effects are glitchy for me, they leave artifacts behind that block the action and get cleared up every few seconds or so. I imagine that will get fixed quickly.

Local multiplayer has an annoyance unless I am doing it wrong, team names and customisation are tied to your steam account (for the steam version at least), and if you play 4 player then the teams will be called MisterBenn, Clone 1, Clone 2 and Clone 3. You will also all have the same hats and accessories unless I am mistaken, it wasn't clear to me - the menus are a bit consoley so I may have not noticed the right way to do it. There are also reports on the Steam forums about matchmaking problems currently, there's no lobby, most of the time there are no games to find and noone joins yours if you create it. Even when people know their friends are creating games for them to join.

The core action of the game looks very solid and some of the new changes add a bit more depth even, but it might be worth watching this space for a while to see how the technical side improves.

Playing: Path of Exile.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo