Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo

Larian Studios announces Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition, a collection celebrating a decade of the Divinity franchise by bundling the three RPGs in the series along with other goodies, including two soundtracks, a book, stickers, and codes for in-game items for their upcoming Divinity: Dragon Commander and Divinity: Original Sin. They are only producing 25,000 boxed copies of this limited edition, and they will be available as of October 26th at retail in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Those in other territories can try to get in on the small supply of the game sold online in the Larian Vault. Oddly, there is also a new promotion running right now on GOG.com where they offer the Divinity Anthology as the service's first pay what you want bundle. Word is this "allows GOG.com gamers to pay as little (or as much!) as they want for the epic RPG adventures Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, and Divinity II - Developerís Cut. The bundle can be purchased at www.gog.com/divinity until 01:00 AM GMT, 18 October 2012."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 11, 2012, 04:40 killer_roach

Keith wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 14:57:
I checked the deal out. At first blush, seems like a good deal for a "pay your own price" schtick. Then I saw that you have to be one of the top contributors (e.g. pay the most) to get a shot at getting D2: Developer's Cut. Thought it might be worth a shot since you can fly as a dragon. The "maybe" aspect of it sucks though.

So long as you meet or beat the price they quote you, you get the game into your collection.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 10, 2012, 21:33 Kitkoan

mag wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 18:15:
BobBob wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 17:00:
Steam > GOG

...in what conceivable way is Steam superior to GOG?

As much as I don't like DRM...

Bigger,better catalog
Easier updating process
(soon) Linux support

Just off the top of my head

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

9. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 10, 2012, 18:15 mag

BobBob wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 17:00:
Steam > GOG

...in what conceivable way is Steam superior to GOG?

8. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 10, 2012, 17:53 HorrorScope

I will agree with those stating D2 DKS was somewhat beastly to get running. It's not that it took a monster system, you really had to work with settings to get rid of the micro-stutter. I can't recall off-hand but it was a prefect combo of things you needed, the multi-thread being one and limit your FPS to around 40, asking for more did odd things to performance, even if you weren't getting that.

That said, once you got it, it ran well. It wasn't buggy and proved the Gamebryo engine can run and not crash. Something Bethesda struggled with until recently after Skyrim was patched. Now they have the best iteration of Gamebryo.

As for the game itself, it was a great game. To me it was there best work. Really look forward to more from them. If they keep improving as they should, this is a quality developer.

To Watter, I agree the action combat model was great. Very very fun Battle-mage skills.

7. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 10, 2012, 17:00 BobBob

Steam > GOG  

6. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 10, 2012, 15:46 jacobvandy

It's basically a run-of-the-mill discounted pre-order of the new game with bonus copies of old ones in the series. They've given away the old ones for free before, or for next to nothing during various sales, so anything they get for those on their own is just gravy.

I already bought a Divinity 2 collection on steam, so this Developer's Cut edition that pretty much only adds built-in cheats (excuse me, "console commands") doesn't interest me at all.

5. matthew@welchkin.net Oct 10, 2012, 15:40 Watter

For whatever reason Divinity II just hit all the right notes for me. It's one of my all time favorite games. I don't finish a ton of games but I've played through that one three times. For me combat was just about right. Simple enough without a million "moves" to learn but just nuanced enough to keep things interesting. I'd say the same about the loot system. The quantity and variance was enough that didn't stick with the same stuff forever, but no so much that it becomes a slog or difficult to compare (talking to you Borderlands 1/2).

Maybe I'll play one more time. I don't think I ever did a standard sword & board build.

4. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 10, 2012, 14:57 Keith

I checked the deal out. At first blush, seems like a good deal for a "pay your own price" schtick. Then I saw that you have to be one of the top contributors (e.g. pay the most) to get a shot at getting D2: Developer's Cut. Thought it might be worth a shot since you can fly as a dragon. The "maybe" aspect of it sucks though.  

3. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 10, 2012, 12:28 Axis

All it took was a few minutes with the FRIGGIN HORRID video frames per second lock and animation chopfudly to have no desire to play.

However... I did end up playing it quite awhile until I just couldn't stand looking at it any longer. Game is fun, video restrictions completely ruined it.

The best is even though the 2nd one was hammered for their terrible engine locking the frames and ruining the animations, it wasn't fixed in the last one.

So ya, no thanks.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 10, 2012, 12:07 Cutter

Different strokes. I loved DD and thought it was hell a lot of fun. I'd say it was closer to an action RPG than classic, but it was still good times.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 10, 2012, 11:56 ItBurn

I tried divine divinity like 2 months ago. Bored me to tears. I gave it a chance, I played it for like 8 hours. It never picked up. Everything is huge and you'll constantly travel instead of having fun and the balance is completely off. You have no idea where to go or what to do, not because it's open world, but because things are badly explained. The mechanics themselves are painful for no reason and the character progression is far from exciting. It's hard to tell if your skills work at all sometimes. I don't know how it could get good reviews.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo