Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed?

The PS3 Trophies Forums have tidbits from the newly released Mechromancer DLC for Borderlands 2. It seems the new content for Gearbox's role-playing shooter sequel adds some references to other upcoming content, and they seem comfortable concluding this is an expansion called Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, which apparently has nothing to do with Gerry Anderson's marionette Captain Scarlet. They have more details, which are not confirmed, but if they are accurate, could probably be considered spoilers. Thanks Shacknews.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 15, 2012, 10:42 avianflu

Just wait 90 days max after the launch of virtually any game not by blizzard and there will be a notable discount/sale. I just wait for those to happen these days.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 23:11 Trevellian

If you played Borderlands 1 at all you would be full aware that unlike MOST DLC for most games, Gearbox has a tendancy to do DLC the correct way. Tons of content for 10 bucks. I put well over 200 hours into Borderlands 1 with ONE character. I've already put close to 200 hours into Borderlands 2 and they have not even released expansions yet. They are not nickle and diming anyone.

What you're trying to tell nin and everyone else here, is that the 3 or 4 DLC's you get for 30 bucks (Which will have HOURS upon HOURS of content in them) are not the same as buying a 30 dollar expansion 6 months later. Which is completely untrue at this point in time.

I would much rather pay the 30 bucks, and have that same content spread out for this game over the next 6 months (The 3 or 4 DLC's will be spread out between now and June) Rather than have to wait that entire 6 months, for one large expansion.

It's virtually the same thing only a different release method to the old expansions... for THIS title. This is the correct way to do DLC.

I understand your dislike for the common method of DLC, and if that is your case I implore you to talk about Nickle and Diming people to Capcom. Capcom is the definition of Nickle and Dime DLC. That is not what Gearbox is doing with their DLC. And you're a blatent idiot if you think otherwise.

Capcom, Activision, EA, you could pick any of these companies to complain about Nickle and Diming DLC... but you chose to pick the One company and game that does it the correct way and actually works on, and releases quality content for months after the game is released to come on here and bitch about. That is just down right retarded.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2012, 23:18.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

31. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:50 nin

You got a deal that helped promote the nickle and diming of gamers.

I paid $60 (the same price other people paid for just the game itself), and got whats basically a free expansion. I don't consider that nickel and diming at all.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

30. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:43 Kitkoan

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:41:
Going to get over 100 hours out of the game. Your argument is null and void if you don't have the game. I paid 36 for the main game, got a very large free update, and paid 22 for the DLC. That is less than you paid for most of YOUR games that you will get HALF the time I put into this.

Nickel and dime? Not this title.

I'm so glad you know me so well... And yes, Day 1 season DLC pass is nickel and dime.

BTW, my last game I bought was $80, so much for that theory huh?

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

29. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:42 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:37:
And I'm holding a conversation with you and my GF so I'm not focusing my full attention on this.

I don't really care. You can dance around it all you want, but the reality is I still got a deal. I got both items for cheaper than their suggested price, which is why I purchased them. I'm sorry if that upsets you or makes you think the downfall of gaming is at hand. It's not.

You got a deal that helped promote the nickle and diming of gamers. I'm sorry if it doesn't bother you that you help promote these things and can't see very far ahead. Its your choice.

You can also try to dance around it by twisting my words (discount = OMG $5 year round fire sale, answer back must = cry), and try to rationalize it any way (you got it for a little less, but they still get a profit and saw that your willing to purchase nickle and dime DLC), its your choice in the end and voting with your wallet is what helps make these decisions for future games.

28. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:41 xXBatmanXx

Going to get over 100 hours out of the game. Your argument is null and void if you don't have the game. I paid 36 for the main game, got a very large free update, and paid 22 for the DLC. That is less than you paid for most of YOUR games that you will get HALF the time I put into this.

Nickel and dime? Not this title.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

27. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:37 nin

And I'm holding a conversation with you and my GF so I'm not focusing my full attention on this.

I don't really care. You can dance around it all you want, but the reality is I still got a deal. I got both items for cheaper than their suggested price, which is why I purchased them. I'm sorry if that upsets you or makes you think the downfall of gaming is at hand. It's not.

26. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:30 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:27:
You paid full price for the DLC

Nope, I paid $22.50.

Your now trying to twist my words to make a basic pre-sale discount look identical to a fire sale price but it isn't working.

No, I'm pointing out how goofy you comment of "a sale is a sale" is.

Still not a fire sale, still not "$5 all year round".

And I'm holding a conversation with you and my GF so I'm not focusing my full attention on this. Let me re-phrase it for you: Your now trying to twist my words to make a basic pre-order discount look identical to a fire sale price but it isn't working.

And a sale that makes a profit, ie not a fire sale price, is still a sale even if at smaller profit. So on the books its seen as a legitimate sale and not a loss (which is what your trying to make it seem like).

25. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:27 nin

You paid full price for the DLC

Nope, I paid $22.50.

Your now trying to twist my words to make a basic pre-sale discount look identical to a fire sale price but it isn't working.

No, I'm pointing out how goofy you comment of "a sale is a sale" is.

24. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:24 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:19:
But! But! It doesn't matter how much I pay!

Your words.

No, thats your twisting of my words. There is a difference.

You paid a price for the product, not a fire sale price either, and not on the DLC. You paid full price for the DLC, and a sale on the full product, not a $5 price, a price that still made a profit and a good one.

Your now trying to twist my words to make a basic pre-sale discount look identical to a fire sale price but it isn't working. And not only are you trying to do this but your trying to extended it to the price of the DLC, a completely different product then what was on sale (and the product in question).

I said it doesn't matter what you paid since a sale is viewed in this case as a sale. A fire sale price is a whole different subject

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:19 nin

But! But! It doesn't matter how much I pay!

Your words.

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:12 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:09:
It doesn't matter how much you paid

Really? They why aren't all games $5 on steam year round?

But don't let the facts of your own post get in the way or anything...

All I see is you crying...

Nice... not only do you attempt to derail the subject and alter facts away from what I mention, but you've lowered yourself to sad troll levels with the insults. And to think I thought you could be mature... My fault.

21. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:09 nin

It doesn't matter how much you paid

Really? They why aren't all games $5 on steam year round? Or totally free?

All I see is you crying...

20. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 21:41 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 08:51:
I bought the season pass because I got it for $22.50, and the game for $37.50. That would equal the regular price of the game.

I didn't flip flop, I got a deal. Which is the exact same thing people do when they wait for steam sales and pick things up (including DLC).

But don't let the facts get in the way or anything...

No, you got the game for $37.50. You said it right where I put it in bold. You then paid more for DLC. And that's what the makers and every other publisher will see on the fact sheets about you.

"This customer bought 1 copy of BL2. They then also bought the DLC pass."

It doesn't matter how much you paid, they saw you bought either Day 1 DLC or near enough that they will keep doing this. Yes, this is flip-flopping, no it wasn't a deal in the eyes of the publisher. This is a sale of DLC from opening sales so congraz, you supported being nickle and dimed.

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 15:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the FUCK!? Raid Lockout? This is a damned single player game, with occasional co-op... I'm glad I avoided buying the season pass, now I'm in full boycott mode for the DLC.

Idiotic Gearbox. On the plus side I've been playing X-Com for about 8 hours straight, and it is excellent.

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 14:08 Verno

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 13:16:
So out of curiosity, what the hell is a raid lockout?

It can take many forms but it's usually an artificial limitation on the amount of time or attempts you can make to kill a boss. It is silly MMO crap that does not belong in a game with 4 player MP.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 13:16 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 09:53:
I don't know, putting out a Season Pass but not including content developed and released in the same time period is pretty shitty in my books.

I really don't want wonky MMO bullshit in Borderlands either, raid lockout, seriously? Token gear purchases? That is riffing a little too heavily on WoW for my taste.

So out of curiosity, what the hell is a raid lockout?

Creston

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 10:06 Beamer

Also, this happened last night.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 09:53 Verno

I don't know, putting out a Season Pass but not including content developed and released in the same time period is pretty shitty in my books.

I really don't want wonky MMO bullshit in Borderlands either, raid lockout, seriously? Token gear purchases? That is riffing a little too heavily on WoW for my taste.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 09:47 Shineyguy

deqer wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 21:22:
damnit, why you guys supporting the nickle n diming of DLcs that they're ALREADY doing after game was JUST released. woah, wait a sec. you pre-ordered DLC for the entire season? ... /falloutofchair

The difference is that this was planned, but not developed yet. Gearbox is developing this content now, after launch, to release at a later date. I can't fault them for developing new content then wanting to charge for it. This is no different than expansion packs back in the day, except that you can now download them rather than have to visit your nearest Software retailer.

The Mechromancer "DLC" that was just released may be considered under your umbrella, however that was truly downloaded as well; so it's not part of the package that you bought from the store either.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo