Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today

Gearbox's Randy Pitchford tweets that the Mechromancer DLC for Borderlands 2 will be released today, a week earlier than planned. Here's word, which does not explain why: "So - here's the surprise, Mechromancer for Borderlands 2 is ready about a week earlier than I promised. Oct 9, all platforms. Woo!" Thanks GameSpot.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 13:26 Verno

Jivaro wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 12:28:
Verno wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 11:39:
beaten by SpectralMeat

edit: sorry, my pre-caffeine sense of humor is...awkward...

That or you're subconsciously projecting, oh dear

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 12:35 SpectralMeat

Jivaro wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 12:28:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 11:33:
beaten by SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

21. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 12:28 Jivaro

beaten by SpectralMeat

20. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 12:00 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 11:44:
PT1 is cool, though it could use more variety in drops, rather than just seeing the same 25 guns over and over again, but they went overboard with TVHM, imo. I know that it was just broken in BL1, since the DLC overleved you and made it a joke, but making every single encounter a "if you get hit three times you're dead" isn't really the way to go either, I think. I've yet to see a single enemy that doesn't just blow away my shields in one hit. :\

TVHM seems even more aimed at coop play. I managed to do a full playthough of it with Axton, but the turrets were doing the majority of the work (I went for the double turrets). 2 turrets + rocket upgrade = lots of dead stuff. But even then I died a lot. That's not to say I didn't get some good weapons and stuff, because I did, but your last line really is true, enemies just blow through you like butter. There's no way I'd try doing pretty much any of the other classes in TVHM solo.

I mean, I guess I'm with you in that I got my money's worth from it, but it the classes were more varied, and they'd balanced it better for solo, I could have kept playing. Sadly, neither are true, so I'll be moving on.

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:44 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 11:32:
I will have to see how it plays in game but based on what I've seen so far it's really disappointing.

Yeah, I'm sure as hell not plonking down 10 bucks for Turret Guy v1.1 (since according to Gearbox, I'm not eligible to receive her for free.)

I've actually gotten quite tired of BL2 already. Not that big a deal, I've played it for 100+ hours, but I never got bored with the original. There's just not enough variety in the guns. Maybe in TVHM the more exotic and varied stuff drops, but I find the difficulty upgrade from PT1 to PT2 this time around to just be too aggravating. I finish PT1, both Jack and the Warrior drop jack shit, so I go into TVHM with my old weaponry, and now suddenly I need two clips out of my sniper rifle just to down a bullymong.

It took me about four hours to make it to sanctuary, losing about 300K in the process (most for ress, but also about 100K to cheese Flynt by just chucking 700 grenades at him, since none of my weapons were doing him fuck all worth of damage).

Yay, made it to Sanctuary. I had 4 golden keys, so opened the chest. Got 4x nothing, of course (well, okay, I did get a decent grenade upgrade) and spent the rest of my money on Moxxi's slots, got some upgrades but nothing really spectacular, so... a clip per character, basically? Ugh. It took like 50 hours to make it to TVHM, and judging by the speed I'm going at now, it'd take me 150 hours to make it through here. I don't think I'm enjoying BL2 enough to put that kind of effort into it.

PT1 is cool, though it could use more variety in drops, rather than just seeing the same 25 guns over and over again, but they went overboard with TVHM, imo. I know that it was just broken in BL1, since the DLC overleved you and made it a joke, but making every single encounter a "if you get hit three times you're dead" isn't really the way to go either, I think. I've yet to see a single enemy that doesn't just blow away my shields in one hit. :\

Creston

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:39 Verno

Hay nin, I went to play Sleeping Dogs - and the menu is screwed up, er something is wrong. It just flys through the menu like I have the up arrow locked on or something. Can't find a fix.....

If you have a joystick plugged in, unplug it. I use one with BF3 and forget to unplug it, sometimes causes games to spaz out.

edit: beaten by SpectralMeat

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:38 RollinThundr

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 10:40:
nin wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 10:30:
I should just wait and grab Dishonored later

No! Grab it now!!!

The problem is if I buy too many games at the same time I feel pressured to play them, due to lack of free time to play games I become stressed, and I try to crunch as much gaming into the short amount of time as possible so I tend to rush through a game. From what I am hearing XCOM is not one of those games you want to rush at all.

As much as I'd love to take advantage of the 25% off GMG code and the $10 credit I got from them for XCOM I think I will lay low for a bit and grab Dishonored on the Christmas sale or something. I really want to play through Borderlands 2 also, it is such an awesome game.

I'm in the same boat with way too much to play and not enough time to play everything, between NHL13 and RE6 on the PS3 and BL2, TL2, Xcom and Dishonored on the PC. Mecromancer looks fun will have to try her out once I finish Xcom and Dishonored.

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:38 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 11:36:
Hay nin, I went to play Sleeping Dogs - and the menu is screwed up, er something is wrong. It just flys through the menu like I have the up arrow locked on or something. Can't find a fix.....

Unplug everything on your pc until you find what it is...I'd suggest starting with the gamepad?

Had that exact same problem with some other game and it turned out it was my joystick. Ones I've unplugged it everything worked fine.

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:38 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 11:36:

Unplug everything on your pc until you find what it is...I'd suggest starting with the gamepad?

Yea, finally found something - looks like my Saitek kb is the problem (had some similar quirks with Heist when it came out).

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:36 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:33 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:32 Verno

Bhruic wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 11:03:
Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 10:58:
The Mechromancer looks kinda boring to me. She's basically turret guy, but instead of a turret you create a robot... eh.

Yeah, and some of the skills are really meh. I wanted to do another playthrough, but as I'm doing solo, I just can't bring myself to do it. There's no variety to missions, barring who you turn them in to, and the characters just aren't different enough to make it worth it. So definitely passing on this DLC.

I'm starting to learn that variety isn't Gearboxes strong suit. There is a fair amount of skill/talent overlap in the Borderlands games already and I don't see why we needed even more duplicated things in the Mechromancer. I was looking forward to it because I thought it would be a genuinely new class, not another rehash.

I will have to see how it plays in game but based on what I've seen so far it's really disappointing.

I am pretty sure it (Dishonored) will sell well on the consoles

You might be surprised, the console crowd seems to love action games and Dishonored is more of a stealth game.

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:30 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 11:22:
But if dishonored doesn't sell, I'm blaming YOU.

I am pretty sure it will sell well on the consoles

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:22 nin

I sympathize with everyones position, as it's one I'm in myself.

But if dishonored doesn't sell, I'm blaming YOU.

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:09 Panickd

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 10:40:

No! Grab it now!!!

The problem is if I buy too many games at the same time I feel pressured to play them, due to lack of free time to play games I become stressed, and I try to crunch as much gaming into the short amount of time as possible so I tend to rush through a game. From what I am hearing XCOM is not one of those games you want to rush at all.

As much as I'd love to take advantage of the 25% off GMG code and the $10 credit I got from them for XCOM I think I will lay low for a bit and grab Dishonored on the Christmas sale or something. I really want to play through Borderlands 2 also, it is such an awesome game.

I buy a lot of games during the Steam sales, so many that I sometimes have games in my list I don't even know I have. It creates a system where I have a lot of gems in my uninstalled games list that I stumble across and play through whenever I have some spare time with nothing to fill it. For example, I apparently bought the original Borderlands and all it's DLC at some point and didn't know or remember it until Borderlands 2 came out (I assume it was wrapped in a package deal). I just spent about 25 hours on the main story end to end. It was the same story with Fallout 3 which I didn't play all the way through until 3 years after I bought it. My point being good games remain good even if you don't get to them for awhile and with Steam we have a system where you can get to them when you get to them.

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 11:03 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 10:58:
The Mechromancer looks kinda boring to me. She's basically turret guy, but instead of a turret you create a robot... eh.

Yeah, and some of the skills are really meh. I wanted to do another playthrough, but as I'm doing solo, I just can't bring myself to do it. There's no variety to missions, barring who you turn them in to, and the characters just aren't different enough to make it worth it. So definitely passing on this DLC.

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 10:58 Creston

"We're releasing a week early! Please keep playing our game!"

Creston

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 10:40 SpectralMeat

No! Grab it now!!!

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 10:35 Shok

No! Grab it now!!!

I'm in the same predicament. I am barely into Act 2 of TL2 and pre-ordered X-com so want to play that after work tonight. I want Dishonored but it can wait a few weeks.

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 10:30 nin

No! Grab it now!!!

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo